Home

#Patchspoilers for the next patch.

This is a discussion on #Patchspoilers for the next patch. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #25
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #Patchspoilers for the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
I sure wish he would change that gif in his sig with the guy punching the heavy bag with horrible form. I absolutely hate looking at that thing. Lets get shadow the hedgehog over here as I love reading his input.
My Bruce Lee one? I'm actually about to change it because of how sick I am of facing him in the game. I thought it would be cool at first. Now he is used so much and everyone does nothing but kick with him. His blocking stats are also so high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #26
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

My new signature there.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

New spoiler:

added variety to takedowns based on deny/input times. perfect TD = half guard, late deny/input = full guard #EASPORTSUFC #PatchSpoilers
Old 09-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #28
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
New spoiler:

added variety to takedowns based on deny/input times. perfect TD = half guard, late deny/input = full guard #EASPORTSUFC #PatchSpoilers
Here's some details on Jazz's latest patch spoiler for those of you who are interested in the nitty gritty.

-takedown denial window is calculated based on a table similar to the one I posted about ground transitions, plus the time scaling based on stamina and attributes for the attacker. Let’s say that comes out at 60 ticks.

-what used to be input delay is calculated based on defender’s attributes and stamina. Let’s say this comes out to 10 ticks.

-two windows and three outcomes are calculated from these numbers:

1. The stuff window. If you input a denial during the stuff window, you get a stuff. This is calculated in the above example as 60-10=50. So any denial input between 0 and 50 will get a stuff.
2. The late denial window. If you input a denial during the late denial window, you will still get taken down, but you will end up in full guard. In this case, any denial input between 50 and 60 will take you to full guard.
3. No denial. If you fail to input a denial before the end of the late denial window, you will end up in half guard. In this case, once you pass frame 60.

If the guy performing the takedown has an “advantage”, then the stuff window is set to 0.

If the guy defending the takedown has an “advantage”, then a denial in the stuff window gets you a sprawl instead. If he denies in the late denial window he goes to full guard.

An “advantage” is defined as the following:

-0 points for a health event
-1 point for stamina below 10%
-2 point for none of the above
-if fighter A has a higher score than fighter B, he has the advantage otherwise there is no advantage

To balance out the single leg/double leg takedowns, the double leg has a 10% larger base denial window.

If the defensive fighter is throwing a kick, the denial window is cut in half.

If the defensive fighter is throwing a punch, the denial window is multiplied by 0.8.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #29
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

And one more...

https://twitter.com/tallUNLIMITED/st...00469295075328

Lot's of details on Jazz's latest tweet to give you guys.

1. Clinch transition denial tuning

Similar to the changes made to the ground game last patch, we have a new table of denial tuning values for the clinch along with latency compensation and locked in denial direction selection. You might say, "wait a minute, I thought denial direction didn't matter in the clinch?". Well that's about to change.

The following transitions in the clinch now require correct left/right input in order to deny, and an incorrect input will get locked in.

• SC (dom or sub) – to Thai and OU
• OU (dom or sub) – to SC or DU
• DU (sub only) – needs to defend Thai or Back transitions

This should make the neutral positions more challenging defensively and make getting into a dominant positions easier - then dominant positions become deny pass (left or right) or deny break. You also have to worry about strikes and TDs more in dominant positions than in the neutral positions so there’s better balance there.

2. Takedown denial tuning

I've gone into most of the details on this in another thread, but same as with the clinch, all the various takedown denial windows have been tuned, latency compensation added plus all the awesome new outcomes.

3. Parry tuning

A hot topic for sure, here's what we did.

As you may know the parry window was quite large, at 90 ticks (or 1.33 seconds). This has been reduced at the high end to 60 ticks (or 1 second) and 30 ticks on the low end. The window changes between those numbers based on stamina, so the lower your stamina, the harder it will be to parry.

In addition, if you successfully parry and throw a counter punch, your opponents parry window will will be cut in half. And if he manages to successfully parry you and throws another counter, your parry window will be halved from that, and so on until the window is so small it may as well not exist.

This was done to make parry wars much less likely.

4. Stamina tuning

A bunch of small changes here, I'm not even familiar with all the details, but the biggest take away is we tried to find a balance between the previous patch and the one before that in terms of stamina and damage bleed through on weak block. Hopefully this time we hit the sweet spot.

5. Judging

Lot of complaints on the judging logic since we released. With the help of user feedback we identified two significant bugs in the logic which were fixed, plus some tuning on other aspects of the logic.

6. Referee standup time tuning

We had lots of complaints about the ref standing you up in mount and backmount, so we doubled the referee standup timer for all dominant positions.

I think that about covers this tweet. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #30
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

"6. Referee standup time tuning

We had lots of complaints about the ref standing you up in mount and backmount, so we doubled the referee standup timer for all dominant positions.

I think that about covers this tweet. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come."

Thank God!!!! Really excited about this patch, it all sounds great. Also really hoping for an event mode type feature in the future... Any hints on who the next fighters added will be
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Link to where he says this.
Sorry fishingtime ... I didn't catch where an offline mode or event mode is address ... My apologies. Did I miss something, is it in or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #32
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Sorry fishingtime ... I didn't catch where an offline mode or event mode is address ... My apologies. Did I miss something, is it in or not?
There are no offline modes being added unfortunately from what I understand. No plans either. That is why he stressed yet. We asked them a while back if they planned on adding any new offline modes, and their answer was there were no plans.

The link should take you to this comment:

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »