Home

EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Awesome update gameplay wise, but not the scoring is atrocious. I lost an online match where I had 10 takedowns to 1 for my opponent and outlanded him with strikes and significant strikes. He spent the entire match spamming low leg kicks with Bruce Lee, most of which were blocked. Dude won a split decision.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Rookie

RdubYa's Arena

I tried the demo prior to release and just wasn't impressed. From what I have been reading it seems like it may be worth giving a shot now.

Glad to hear the game is still getting developer support.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
I picked it up when it was on sale on PSN and am thrilled that i did. I Loved it after the second patch and more so now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I haven't played in about a month, but even the 2nd gameplay patch made the fights far more realistic. The CPU fighters threw punches more strategically, which limited opportunities to parry and made KOs far more rewarding in my opinion. For being such a tyrannical, lazy company at times, EA has really impressed me with the effort they've put into patching and updating games the past few years. Ideally, it would be nice to have the games be optimal upon release, but I have no problems with a company continuing to work towards a better product, especially when the updates are of no cost to the consumer.

I can honestly say that the UFC game, along with a FIFA 15 game that I find amazing, have truly got me considering an NBA Live 15 purchase this month. Keep up the good work EA!
lol at buying nba live
Old 10-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
GameplayDev, please don't let those guys discourage all your hard work!! This is a GREAT GAME!! Those of us that kept the game really appreciate all your hard work and transparency on all issues! Keep up the good work!!
It isn't that we don't appreciate all the hard work, it is how this patch has changed online behavior. This game is awesome offline now, but a totally different beast online. The CPU doesn't come at you like online players do. The latency also plays a huge role in blocking etc. With the combo speed, any bad latency can ruin your night. I had this happen last night. Turns out I needed to power cycle my modem, but there are still guys I play that my connection doesn't allow me to pump block, etc.

Overall the patch is great. There are just things that people do that ruin it. That isn't the patches fault, just the way people play and the inability to defend correctly at times.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #14
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

I really think I'm going to buy this game now given all the patches and positive comments ive been reading
Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #15
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
It isn't that we don't appreciate all the hard work, it is how this patch has changed online behavior. This game is awesome offline now, but a totally different beast online. The CPU doesn't come at you like online players do. The latency also plays a huge role in blocking etc. With the combo speed, any bad latency can ruin your night. I had this happen last night. Turns out I needed to power cycle my modem, but there are still guys I play that my connection doesn't allow me to pump block, etc.

Overall the patch is great. There are just things that people do that ruin it. That isn't the patches fault, just the way people play and the inability to defend correctly at times.
Can't stress that enough. Twice last night I got caught in a moment where upon getting up from the ground I couldn't defend and it was the same ole R,L,R,L,R,L,R,L,R until I was done.

Seeing stat lines of my opponent look like this and still earn the win...

S. Strikes 6/44
Total Strikes 39/178
TD 1/8

and I'm trying to be prudent and judicious...

S. Strikes 19/27
Total Strikes 58/82
TD 6/9

But all it takes is for your opponent to catch you in a RLRLRLR flurry and its over. I'm not gassed either...I should be able to get my hands up.

With that said I do think things are improved. I still enjoy the game but there's little I can do against a spammer. I figure a low level spammer has at least a 60/40 chance of beating someone who's well rounded and skilled on the ground.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #16
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Can't stress that enough. Twice last night I got caught in a moment where upon getting up from the ground I couldn't defend and it was the same ole R,L,R,L,R,L,R,L,R until I was done.

Seeing stat lines of my opponent look like this and still earn the win...

S. Strikes 6/44
Total Strikes 39/178
TD 1/8

and I'm trying to be prudent and judicious...

S. Strikes 19/27
Total Strikes 58/82
TD 6/9

But all it takes is for your opponent to catch you in a RLRLRLR flurry and its over. I'm not gassed either...I should be able to get my hands up.

With that said I do think things are improved. I still enjoy the game but there's little I can do against a spammer. I figure a low level spammer has at least a 60/40 chance of beating someone who's well rounded and skilled on the ground.
Same question I ask everyone who reports this problem.

Was your opponent alternating body/head while doing this, or just focusing on one level.

If he wasn't alternating, did you try strong block?

Was this online or offline?

I'm trying to formulate a recommended fix but need to be very persuasive and need all the info I can get.

Thanks.

Last edited by GameplayDevUFC; 10-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »