Home

Gassing out

This is a discussion on Gassing out within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:43 AM   #9
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gassing out

Fighting offline is it just my imagination that your stamina and the computers deplete at exactly the same rate every fight?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:11 AM   #10
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Fighting offline is it just my imagination that your stamina and the computers deplete at exactly the same rate every fight?
Nope, it's bs. Try and fight a smart fight. U can't do it bc of this stamina issue. Block step out like in a real fight and watch your stamina drain. Smh
Old 10-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Nope, it's bs. Try and fight a smart fight. U can't do it bc of this stamina issue. Block step out like in a real fight and watch your stamina drain. Smh
Stamina only regenerates if you are standing completely still. You need to start mixing that in with your tactics. Its actually somewhat realistic too. With the exception of guys like Cruz, Mighty Mouse and Dillashaw, you rarely see MMA fighters moving non stop. I regularly throughout a round will rest or slowly step back or forward to regain stamina.

Now I'm just talking about offline. I dont play online because it seems like with every fighting game (Fight Night/WWE/UFC) no matter what patches are made, people will find a way to cheese and thats just not fun to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #12

OVR: 34

The issue at hand is the balance of stamina between fighter vs fighter.

When a fighter continuously throws strikes or continuously attempts takedowns, he should be losing a large portion of stamina and the ability to regenerate that stamina.

The fighter on the other end of that should also lose stamina but not as much. It is the law of using weight and direction of force in fighting. That does not happen with this game. If you throw several strikes and I block or sway, then you go for a takedown and I pancake you, the energy you used in that and now my weight on you should greatly hurt your stamina.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #13
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I agree Dave. Shooting takedowns and getting stuffed should really deplete a fighter. Its exhausting in real life. I created Yoel Romero last night and gave him mediocre stamina stats jst to see what would happen. He definitely lost permanent stamina quicker.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #14

OVR: 34

My strategy online is to use quick highly rated stamina guys. I only fight heavy and light heavy. It's the only way I can get good stamina results.

I like using machida. He is a 73 stamina with quick strikes. Guys like Gus, while they have the reach and power, can be dealt with if you can get their stamina low. But if they are good at combos, it is impossible.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #15
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The issue at hand is the balance of stamina between fighter vs fighter.

When a fighter continuously throws strikes or continuously attempts takedowns, he should be losing a large portion of stamina and the ability to regenerate that stamina.

The fighter on the other end of that should also lose stamina but not as much. It is the law of using weight and direction of force in fighting. That does not happen with this game. If you throw several strikes and I block or sway, then you go for a takedown and I pancake you, the energy you used in that and now my weight on you should greatly hurt your stamina.
Exactly what I'm trying to say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #16
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Just read on Twitter they are making more gameplay adjustments. Not sure if it will help. Im sure someone will post it on here. Saw it on Jazz's Twitter feed. Up on EA boards as well. Can only throw same strike ala hook 4 times before a stamina punishment. Said missed takedowns also will carry stamina penalty with no regenerating

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »