Home

So is it worth it

This is a discussion on So is it worth it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
So is it worth it

How is the career mode not really big into MMA as far as watching it live but wouldn't mind purchasing the game I do enjoy Martial Arts.

What does the game offer can u create your own character and how does that process go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: So is it worth it

Career mode is bare bones but does offer progression. There is very limited customization of your fighter. There is Gameface but I have only been able to get it to work (it's EAs website not UFC the game's problem) once.

Still though, for $14 right now it's a steal, if you see yourself getting into online (the online modes are well thought out and really good) or playing versus the CPU.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I feel this game really goes under the radar at this point.

I'm not the biggest MMA guy, I love Boxing, I'll trade this franchise for EA to go back to Fight Night in a heart-beat (don't want to start a riot MMA guys so let me finish haha). But I jumped on this on release, I had some fun with it, particularly playing multiplayer with friends. I thought it showed great potential, it looked really pretty, but it certainly had some blemishes.

Then they started patching it, and rather than sit back and say well we'll make a EA UFC 2 and fix all the complaints, they said we're hearing what y'all are saying and we're going to turn this into one hell of a game, and they have.

I think if reviews were redone with the game with the state it is in now, that it would be received much more glowingly. In this world of 2K, FIFA, Madden etc, I really don't think this gets the credit or attention it deserves. Obviously those are monster franchises, and I'm not necessarily saying it's better than those games, but it gets overlooked in the sports game world because of those other titles that dominate the sport genre.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this game might have the best gameplay out of any sports game possibly.

The game modes are pretty weak though, but if you're into quick game and online, then this game is definitely worth $15 (it's worth full price too).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »