Home

EA Sports UFC's Four Newest Fighters (A Breakdown)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC's Four Newest Fighters (A Breakdown) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports UFC's Four Newest Fighters (A Breakdown)

The Legends in EA Sports UFC have been padded out a bit, as Royce Gracie, Chuck Liddell and Bruce Lee (well, he’s just a legend altogether) have been joined by Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Brock Lesnar. These four follow the trend of previous DLC in that they are a free add-on for owners of the game. All four of these guys are heavy-handed grapplers/strikers who usually had a habit of making their opponents go to sleep or quit, and it’s fun to see how they stack up, in the virtual sense, against today’s crop of UFC fighters.

Read More - EA Sports UFC's Four Newest Fighters (A Breakdown)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Of course, when I wrote this, Rampage had not "re-signed" with the UFC. Maybe that now explains his presence in the game.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Brock didn't beat Herring via strikes. It was by decision. He also beat Frank Mir and Randy Couture via tko. Check your facts next time.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
Brock didn't beat Herring via strikes. It was by decision. He also beat Frank Mir and Randy Couture via tko. Check your facts next time.
I misspoke when I said Herring was the only win via strikes. What I meant was that it was his main win where he actually devastated somebody with strikes (breaking Herring's orbital bone). He beat Mir via ground and pound, which isn't strikes in terms of stand up, and he knocked down and grounded out an older Randy Couture.

Overall, I take your point, but he also was smashed by Velasquez and embarrassed by Overeem. The main argument I'm making is that his striking (stand-up) rating shouldn't be anywhere near guys like Overeem or Velasquez. Based on his power alone, he should have a 90, but that's about it.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC's Four Newest Fighters (A Breakdown)

I feel in general there needs to be more range in terms of the ratings. No way should brocks striking be that high. In the game there need to be ratings in the 70's for some guys. Brock should have decent power yes, but his striking should be pretty low. Much lower than guys like Dos Santos, Overeem and Hunt.

The striking gap seems to only occur due to the lack of variety in their strikes. I can stand toe to toe as Brock against Junior and land a lot more shots than I should be able to, and since his power is pretty good(as it probably should) I will be able to rock and/or KO Junior. In reality Brock wouldn't want to stand with good strikers like them and would use his wrestling to try and win.

To me thats the biggest issue with the game as it doesnt seem to matter who you are fighting with as you can always go toe to toe against a good striker with a poor striker and do fairly well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

I think EA was trying to go wide with their audience and make this game similar to an arcade game where you're picking your favorite fighter rather than strategizing. I'm hoping to see a focus in UFC 2 with an emphasis on strategy and more of a simulation focus rather than a game that can resemble Teken at times.

Its understandable from a marketing and business standpoint for the game but theres virtually no difference between a fighter with an 86 overall and a fighter rated 92 overall.

Like there is a difference between Tom Brady and Johnny Maziel throwing a football in Madden there should be a difference between Mark Hunt and Brock Lesnar throwing a left hook but it feels and lands virtually the same.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
Rookie

tbayjordan's Arena

This is the best fighting game I have played since knockout kings on the PS2. EA shouldn't put too much "stratagizing" as far as 1 on 1 or online vs. Save that for career modes. This game is just pure fun to play as is. If you get too technical with it, it becomes less and less fun and accessable to everybody. I never watch UFC or any MMA for that matter, but I freaking love this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »