Home

Must Fixes for UFC 2

This is a discussion on Must Fixes for UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Must Fixes for UFC 2

1. Removal of weak block, it is an unneeded mechanic and has ruined the clinch game, and hurts to overall striking game.

2. A true countering system not dependent on game mechanics. Right now to land a real counter shot and get increased chances of rocking and flash KO's you need to land off of one of the mechanics, such as a sidestep, Parry or sway. However, the most devastating of counters, the early counter is not rewarded in the game. there is no reward for just beating someone to the punch by timing it better. There is no added reward other than landing an unblocked shot for hitting some bad player whiffing well out of range and following up before they can reset their hands. The counter window should be open anytime from the time is thrown until it lands, and open again if a strike whiffs, up until the point that the player "recovers from the missed strike. being hit in either of these to positions should lead to a counter and not be dependent on a parry, sway or sidestep mechanic in order to land more punishing damage. this will truly make counter striking and calculated pressure fighting effective and lead to the better, smarter fighter winning the majority of fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Must Fixes for UFC 2

remove fights where 1 fighter gets rocked 20 times despite beating the other ones ***
Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
remove fights where 1 fighter gets rocked 20 times despite beating the other ones ***
I'd rather clean effective striking be more valued than just a volume of strikes thrown. If you are landing clean, and guys are throwing caution to the wind, fights shouldn't last very long. If you are landing clean counters against a guy who is just throwing a lot but not a lot of effective landing, the guy throwing smarter, as opposed to more should be rewarded with rocking or stunning a guy or a flash ko
Old 02-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

i am talking of fights where even when you block you get rocked. its wierd but occasionally it happens where 1 fight just seems to get rocked a ton
Old 02-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
i am talking of fights where even when you block you get rocked. its wierd but occasionally it happens where 1 fight just seems to get rocked a ton
Gotcha, just seen too many people complain about kicking someones *** when they were the example I gave, but I hear you there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Well in my opinion those "absurd" rocks or KO's are really a result of those players who spam away. Doesn't matter if they connect on 18% of their strikes if they keep throwing eventually one of them is going to rock you.

So there in lies the one major issue I see with this installment. There needs to be a significant drop in the chances of a KO or even effective strikes after so many attempts. A bigger hit to stamina(especially long-term stamina) and a hit to the actual damage you can cause.

If you're in the second round and you've spammed away 230 strikes you should be dead in the water. Not still swinging away waiting for that one lucky shot to land.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 02-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
1. Removal of weak block, it is an unneeded mechanic and has ruined the clinch game, and hurts to overall striking game.
I think the game would be fine with this still in it, but it needs to be just that, weak. Shots should penetrate easier. When you try to make it more complicated to block, you encourage more spam. I guarantee you would hate this game without the weak block in.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:00 AM   #8
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I think the game would be fine with this still in it, but it needs to be just that, weak. Shots should penetrate easier. When you try to make it more complicated to block, you encourage more spam. I guarantee you would hate this game without the weak block in.
I never use weak block, And there is nothing complicated about using it my way. block is R2 and punch, or to the body R2 and Kick. Parries should be a perfectly timed block instead of just holding which side. Simplify the system and make it more deep. And Spam would drop heavily because of the counter system I reintroduced. You throw like a maniac, and you will likely be KO'd due to leaving so many openings to be caught.

And complicated was the absolute worst word to use here because EA's CEO wants to make everything simpler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »