Home

Fight scheduling and rankings spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Fight scheduling and rankings spreadsheet within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 PM   #17
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Fight scheudling and rankings spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmx21
Can I get a mod to edit this thread title please? That "scheudling" is driving me crazy.
Just bumping this.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Updated spreadsheet. Points now added for knockouts, tko's, submissions, and fight bonus awards. The file attached is my current fight records. Just go to "Schedule" and delete the ppv's and start your own. I can delete all this stuff tomorrow after work, and upload a blank sheet. Hope you guys that keep records enjoy this. Let me know what I can do to make it better.
Attachment 96875
this is great. I'll start adding them once I get a clean sheet.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #19
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
this is great. I'll start adding them once I get a clean sheet.
Here's your clean sheet man. Adding caf's may be a little more difficult this time around with the added formulas. If you want to copy them over existing fighters that you won't use, that would be much more simple. If not, I'm sure we can work it out. Let me know what you think and how we can improve.

Fight rankings test.zip
Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fight scheduling and rankings spreadsheet

You did a great job with this, thank you for sharing.
I have an idea/suggestion if you dont mind, instead of total fights how about a win/loss streak?

In the rankings tab do you have to manually change the champs and #1 contenders?
I set up a championship fight in schedule and notice it didnt change so i wanted to be sure about it.

One more question, for fighters on the sheet but fight in multiple weight classes and i wanted to add them to those other weight classes, should i copy&paste or add them as new? How will it affect the sheet?

Last edited by bigO12677; 05-04-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Here's your clean sheet man. Adding caf's may be a little more difficult this time around with the added formulas. If you want to copy them over existing fighters that you won't use, that would be much more simple. If not, I'm sure we can work it out. Let me know what you think and how we can improve.

Attachment 97001
The only issue I'm running into is that for CAFs the bonuses are not showing up on their records. For example, I had a fight between a CAF and a roster fighter that was fight of the night. The roster fighter record showed the FON and the FON was calculated into his points. That wasnt the case for the CAF.

Everything else is working fine and i havent had any issues adding CAFs except for this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #22
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigO12677
You did a great job with this, thank you for sharing.
I have an idea/suggestion if you dont mind, instead of total fights how about a win/loss streak?

In the rankings tab do you have to manually change the champs and #1 contenders?
I set up a championship fight in schedule and notice it didnt change so i wanted to be sure about it.

One more question, for fighters on the sheet but fight in multiple weight classes and i wanted to add them to those other weight classes, should i copy&paste or add them as new? How will it affect the sheet?
Love the suggestion on the win/loss streaks, but I haven't really dove into it yet. As far as number one contenders and champions go, you have to manually give the champion 10 points. That's how I do it to ensure he's the top guy in the weight class. The number one contender is always the second ranked fighter in the weight class. Changing the fight to a title fight or number one contender fight in the schedule has no affect on the rankings. If there's a way to do this please help me figure out how lol. As far as same weight classes go, it should be as simple as copying the entire formula from the fighters ranking. I'll experiment when I get home to make sure. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by dpmx21; 05-09-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #23
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The only issue I'm running into is that for CAFs the bonuses are not showing up on their records. For example, I had a fight between a CAF and a roster fighter that was fight of the night. The roster fighter record showed the FON and the FON was calculated into his points. That wasnt the case for the CAF.

Everything else is working fine and i havent had any issues adding CAFs except for this issue.
This is strictly in the formula. It's a tedious process, but like before we'll get through it. As soon as I get home I'll try to write up some instructions.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #24
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Ok. For every CAF you make, you must change the formula in (KO, TKO, SUB, FOTN, KOTN, and SOTN). For example, I just created a fighter in the heavyweight division. Prior to creating the fighter there were 15 fighters in that division, on the spreadsheet it is A2:A16. After adding your caf, just copy everything from the cell above and drag it down. In my case, I will copy B16:N16 and drag it down. Now you'll have to delete the 1 that it has in Draw, because it auto adds. Now go to KO. You'll see this formula =COUNTIFS(Schedule!D,A$2:A$16,Schedule!F:F,G$1). Note the A$16. This HAS to be changed to A$17 in order for your caf to receive the bonuses. You must do this for all six, KO, SUB, TKO, FOTN, KOTN, and SOTN. Just make sure the last fighters cell location matches the number in the formula. If you add 5 cafs to the heavyweight division the formula will look like this =COUNTIFS(Schedule!D,A$2:A$21,Schedule!F:F,G$1)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »