Home

Introducing our lead AI Engineer with an AI feedback thread!

This is a discussion on Introducing our lead AI Engineer with an AI feedback thread! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Introducing our lead AI Engineer with an AI feedback thread!

Just to add my two cents among these great ideas:

I think the computer should do a better job of fighting on their terms. Basically showing strategy even when its not necessarily showing aggression. What i mean by this is the cpu should intelligently keep distance (step and dash backwards, circling away, feint etc) if it has the reach advantage, stall on the ground if it is an advantageous position etc.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

These are all great ideas so far. Another thing I'd like to see changed is the stat range of fighters. Without looking, I believe almost every fighter in the game is at LEAST an 85 overall, with the highest being a 96. The stat range goes from 1-100, theres no reason why theres only an 11 point difference between the best and the worst fighter.

I know if you rated some of the poorer fighters in the low 70s or high 60s then you might get some outrage from certain fan groups though, so being able to edit fighter stats should definitely be included at the very least.

I'm also a big advocate for sliders. If the game comes out and it has something about it that keeps it from being a sim experience, sliders may be able to help until there is a patch or something like that. On top of that, sliders provide us with a chance to play to our exact skill level, making the game a lot more fun in the long run.

I think I have a lot more ideas. but I'm supposed to be getting ready to leave for work so thats all for now. I'll be back in here tomorrow though for sure lol.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #11
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkersthepig
I know if you rated some of the poorer fighters in the low 70s or high 60s then you might get some outrage from certain fan groups though, so being able to edit fighter stats should definitely be included at the very least.
The only problem with that is getting the UFC/Zuffa to sign off on it. Even THQ had to have the stats approved. They even had to have them approved for stat updates they did. The UFC/Zuffa is very particular about how their fighters are represented. They wouldn't even let you change their shorts when we were finally able to take roster fighters through career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I would break down the kicks and punches sliders into more precise categories though. For example:

Head kicks
Body kicks
Leg kicks

Punches to the head
Punches to the body
Throws combo

Since you do have head hunters type of strikers and then you have those who like to attack the body and legs a lot. To this day I have yet to see a MMA game recreate a fighter who favors leg kicks and I've been playing MMA games ever since the UFC Tapout and UFC Sudden Impact games on the Xbox and PS2.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would break down the kicks and punches sliders into more precise categories though. For example:

Head kicks
Body kicks
Leg kicks

Punches to the head
Punches to the body
Throws combo

Since you do have head hunters type of strikers and then you have those who like to attack the body and legs a lot. To this day I have yet to see a MMA game recreate a fighter who favors leg kicks and I've been playing MMA games ever since the UFC Tapout and UFC Sudden Impact games on the Xbox and PS2.
Cant remember the game game...might have been Pride on ps2 but Ernesto Hoost would chop you down like Paul Bunyun.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #14
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:

Head kicks
Body kicks
Leg kicks

Punches to the head
Punches to the body
Throws combo

I think you could add a single slider to remedy that. Low/High. The further up towards high it goes, the more it head hunts. If it stays in the middle it will mix it up well. If it is low, they will strike more towards the body/legs looking to wear you down. The combos should come from aggression. As an aggressive fighter usually throws combos. There are many more sliders though that could be added to help influence this as well.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
The combos should come from aggression. As an aggressive fighter usually throws combos. There are many more sliders though that could be added to help influence this as well.
Not all the time though. Because there have been some fighters who were aggressive but they didn't throw combos at all, they just threw haymakers all fight long head hunting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 11:35 PM   #16
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Not all the time though. Because there have been some fighters who were aggressive but they didn't throw combos at all, they just threw haymakers all fight long head hunting.
Which is why we would need many aspects to the sliders. An aggressive power shot fighter would be coming forward a lot looking to land bombs. An aggressive technical striker would be using more combos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »