Home

#GPDClipOfTheWeek

This is a discussion on #GPDClipOfTheWeek within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: #GPDClipOfTheWeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
As in...you might find one clip where a UFC fighter gets that pulled off on him. But as in that is like someone getting caught with their fly down. The overwhelming majority of today's modern MMA fighter will not get caught in that. Same can be said for the last move. Jones did it against Bonnar...but most fighters wouldn't think of doing that move because of the High risk of it. If you don't pop your hip and have correct momentum the guy being thrown will wrap a leg and you will end up on your back....possibly in mount

I'd argue that the first clip u reference isn't that rare. I don't care enough to go find clips of people pulling this off but it's not exactly a rare move

The jones throw is rare but it goes back to ur position on whether rare moves should be in the game or not. It also assumes that it will be easy to pull off and that there will be a ton of fighters who can pull off that move.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'd argue that the first clip u reference isn't that rare. I don't care enough to go find clips of people pulling this off but it's not exactly a rare move

The jones throw is rare but it goes back to ur position on whether rare moves should be in the game or not. It also assumes that it will be easy to pull off and that there will be a ton of fighters who can pull off that move.
To be fair, judging from their first game there won't be a whole lot of variety in movesets and any weird moves are probably going to be on a ton of fighters.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
To be fair, judging from their first game there won't be a whole lot of variety in movesets and any weird moves are probably going to be on a ton of fighters.
You shouldn't judge this game solely on the first game. Every new iteration of any game I expect there to be improvements. Even with the limited move sets of the first game not every or even the majority of fighters could pull off every special move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by aholbert32; 11-04-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #36
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You shouldn't judge this game solely on the first game. Every new iteration of any game I expect there to be improvements. Even with the limited move sets of the first game not every or even the majority of fighters could pull off every special move.
You have to remember that a lot of the movesets were changed in patches to try to make them more unique. However, that is the past and I truly do believe the dev team heard our displeasure with the movesets and plan on trying to make every fighter as unique as possible. There will be archetypes of course, but even Undisputed did that and that is because so many fighters are in the games. You can really only give so many fighters their own unique moves. There just isn't enough time to mocap every fighter's style.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
You have to remember that a lot of the movesets were changed in patches to try to make them more unique. However, that is the past and I truly do believe the dev team heard our displeasure with the movesets and plan on trying to make every fighter as unique as possible. There will be archetypes of course, but even Undisputed did that and that is because so many fighters are in the games. You can really only give so many fighters their own unique moves. There just isn't enough time to mocap every fighter's style.
Yep, I think the assumption going forward is that the dev team is going to build on the last patched version of the game and not the original version. The goal should be to make fighters as unique as possible with fight stances/movesets etc. I believe that is one of the goals the dev team has for future versions of this game.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #38
Banned

Listen the weird grappling moves won't get me that bothered only because in the end the moves is just an animation that shows how someone goes from guard to a stand up. That happens all the time...so that doesn't really bother me. The function of the move is fine...just wish the visual would not take me out of the immersion as some of these visuals might

To the point about move variety. I think the move variety in this current version in terms of striking is pretty good. I think move variety issues can be resolved by having varied move set. for example if there is move A,B,C,D,E if all fighter have move ABC or CDE that is a problem. if you have dudes with ABC,BCD, CDE, ACD etc it will give the illusion of variety of fighter without having to create so many moves. If anything...they can scale back some of the moves.

Move variety on the ground...to me the ground game is about position with animations serving as just the vehicle to get from position to position. Like I said...some animations will take me out of the immersion..but as long as everyone doesn't have the ability to go from bottom mount to top guard in an instance regardless of the animation...I am ok.

I do think the grappling in UFC 3 had some good things that should be considered (Major transition, minor transition, reversals) I think the variety should be in transitions speed, the ability to sweep in certain positions, stamina drain and recovery of transitions, and reversal window

One last thought...I feel submission game should be modified slightly so while mini game is happening...the sub animation should progress. until mini game is lost by the attacker. would also want sub switches with a stamina tax
Old 11-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I look forward to you being right on this. Hopefully they also differentiate the fight AI much more. That would increase my enjoyment more than almost anything.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #40
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »