Home

Question about UFC on PS4...

This is a discussion on Question about UFC on PS4... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about UFC on PS4...

I have searched everywhere online and can't seem to find a straight answer... Can I do career mode with a real ufc fighter for example, can I use Ronda Rousey in any type of career mode? I haven't picked up the game yet but I'm thinking about it. Any answers will be great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Question about UFC on PS4...

No you cannot. Although for some reason I think you can use Bruce Lee.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
No you cannot. Although for some reason I think you can use Bruce Lee.
That's bull****... So are there any other modes that's similar to career that I can use a real fighter? Thanks for any info.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

The game is worth how much you can buy it for, a lot of the negative press it received for gameplay was eventually fixed through patches. However I will not lie, the career mode runs stale after about 20 fights and outside of challenging yourself with harder difficulty against the computer the game has zero depth. I'd say go online but make sure you vet out some kind of a group to play with as the online community is littered with spammers and button smashers and not guys that fight technical or realistic which makes it no fun.

EA's effort on the first pass was around mechanics and within reason you could call that end a success. The game looks and feels realistic, the frustration of the game is that it plays like an arcade game as you really can't do much other than pick to fighters and go to war. The nerd community (myself included) yearns to customize fighters, create fighters, create cards, mess with sliders and then brag about it on this site.

UFC 2 will be the true test of EA's dedication to the game, optimistically I'd like to think there will be a premium put on modes and customization and all of the smarks rejoice for a week and then go back to EA bashing.

Rant over, buy the game, it's 10 bucks
Old 08-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorai56
The game is worth how much you can buy it for, a lot of the negative press it received for gameplay was eventually fixed through patches. However I will not lie, the career mode runs stale after about 20 fights and outside of challenging yourself with harder difficulty against the computer the game has zero depth. I'd say go online but make sure you vet out some kind of a group to play with as the online community is littered with spammers and button smashers and not guys that fight technical or realistic which makes it no fun.

EA's effort on the first pass was around mechanics and within reason you could call that end a success. The game looks and feels realistic, the frustration of the game is that it plays like an arcade game as you really can't do much other than pick to fighters and go to war. The nerd community (myself included) yearns to customize fighters, create fighters, create cards, mess with sliders and then brag about it on this site.

UFC 2 will be the true test of EA's dedication to the game, optimistically I'd like to think there will be a premium put on modes and customization and all of the smarks rejoice for a week and then go back to EA bashing.

Rant over, buy the game, it's 10 bucks
The game on the ps4 store is 30 bucks... Where is it 10 bucks? If it was I would buy it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsworth
The game on the ps4 store is 30 bucks... Where is it 10 bucks? If it was I would buy it now.
A few weeks back it was $10 dollars. My first digital purchase. Not anymore unfortunately.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

You can get it for $20 on Amazon right now.

It's a very good game in terms of game play. It's extremely fun and it's pretty much the only sports game (along with the old UFC games) that I'll sit down and play 'meaningless' exhibition matches just because they're fun. I'd never do that in The Show, or Madden, or NBA.

In terms of career type modes it is extremely lacking. The career mode itself isn't that great, and there is nothing else like a 'universe' mode or even an event mode. I do my own with excel spreadsheets which helps keep things interesting, but if a good franchise/career type mode is necessary for you to enjoy the game and you don't want to do the work on your own with spreadsheets then the game will probably disappoint you.

The online ladder type game mode is really good if you're into that. Not sure how active it is anymore.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
You can get it for $20 on Amazon right now.

It's a very good game in terms of game play. It's extremely fun and it's pretty much the only sports game (along with the old UFC games) that I'll sit down and play 'meaningless' exhibition matches just because they're fun. I'd never do that in The Show, or Madden, or NBA.

In terms of career type modes it is extremely lacking. The career mode itself isn't that great, and there is nothing else like a 'universe' mode or even an event mode. I do my own with excel spreadsheets which helps keep things interesting, but if a good franchise/career type mode is necessary for you to enjoy the game and you don't want to do the work on your own with spreadsheets then the game will probably disappoint you.

The online ladder type game mode is really good if you're into that. Not sure how active it is anymore.
I ended up trading in some old games and after the credit I only had to pay $10.60 for it. I wish it was more in depth. Seems like it was a disappointment to some of you. I have yet to play it but I will try it out tonight. I wish you could make your own ppv card and adjust sliders and things of that nature. Seems like EA once again half assed a sports franchise. Wish they would stay away from sports titles all together. I was hoping for a realistic ufc title but from what most of you guys are saying its more arcade like.I hope UFC 2 is a step forward in a bigger direction. I'm also hoping that they add a female create a fighter. I would love to create my wife and let her kick some *** lol ... Thanks you for all your replies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »