Home

EA UFC 2 Event - Questions and Wishlist

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 Event - Questions and Wishlist within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #17
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 2 Event - Questions and Wishlist

Maybe integrate EA's new initiative around Draft Champions where you draft a certain number of fighters to a UFC intellectual property (Strikeforce, Pride, etc) and you have to go up against another brand on a co-promoted card.

The connected promotion mode would be huge for me. I only play offline so mode depth is big. There are a lot of angles and intricacies that they could add in that could be fun.

If I'm trying to fit everything into EA's established model you could easily do 3 different "Connected Promotion" modes, Fighter, Coach, Promoter.

Fighter would be obvious, build one guy up (created or existing) through the ranks of MMA, have 5 or 6 promotions worldwide that guys bounce around and take your fighter through including, purses, superfights, injuries, camps, etc.

Coach would be running your own gym where you control "x" amount of fighters, training new fighters/fighters leaving you, building out a gym, negotiating contracts, etc.

Promoter you start your own brand to compete with the UFC, you could start with nobodies, put on events, build up fighters, control financing, sign/fire fighters, deal with last second injuries, sky is really the limit with how nerdy you want to make it. But I think online and offline a mode that directly correlates to Madden's connected franchise could be a huge selling point.

There are tons of mechanical enhancements that could be made, letting me import my own music for entrances, sliders, edit ability over fighters CAF or regular, progressive leg kick damage, doctor stoppages, etc, but where the game was really hurt this last year was the huge lack of depth. My hope is that the first effort was one to get the mechanics right and then dive into the replay value.

My other thought would be live rosters with maybe an every 2 or 3 week update to stats and records. You could integrate fighter packs ala WWE2k16 does with themed releases, Legends, Euros, TUF, PowerPunchers, just a couple ideas.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Definitely looking forward to getting you guys into the studio for feedback and play testing and whatnot. I'm sure there are plenty of ideas floating around in your heads, so hopefully we can make some of them come to fruition.

Will also be nice to be able to show the community how things work behind the scenes
This is awesome to hear that you guys even care. The only other sports game that seems to care like this is MLB The Show and it shows in the results. I hope this game reaches those heights. The raw material is there.

A few more suggestions -

More clinch - Clinch strikes on release from the clinch. Press a guy on the cage and throw an elbow on release...spinning elbow or straight elbow.

Striking - I would like to see sways, bobs and weaves being able to be incorporated into a combo like any other strike to allow for fluid striking movement.

Ground Strikes - Power knees on the ground. Yes they were over done in UFC 3 but I think having them balanced in side control and back side control would be useful. Speaking of back side control. You should be able to TKO or KO someone in that position. Currently that doesn't seem possible.

Ground positions...add sprawl position. I think having it after a power takedown would be cool. With the ability for the man on bottom to go for another takedown if they are a strong wrestler...if there jits is high they can pull guard. Speaking of pulling guard...a few guys should be able to do it. (Maia, Jacre, Mir, Big Nog, etc)
Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #19
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
More clinch - Clinch strikes on release from the clinch. Press a guy on the cage and throw an elbow on release...spinning elbow or straight elbow.
This would be really cool as like a special move. Throwing the strike means you will let off the clinch. Definitely needs to have a counter though. Also needs to give a bigger window to deny the re-clinch so it wouldn't be abused.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
This would be really cool as like a special move. Throwing the strike means you will let off the clinch. Definitely needs to have a counter though. Also needs to give a bigger window to deny the re-clinch so it wouldn't be abused.
The counter would be just like in real life...parry big strike, or weave with a check hook

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »