Home

EA Sports UFC 2 GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
represented?
Stamina

Can you still throw hundreds of strikes with very little consequence, and does my fighter fatigue at relatively the same rate as my opponent even tho im throwing less and making them miss?
I'm sure this is a tough thing to balance, but hopefully it's improved a bit.

I won this fight by decision, but it felt like McGregor was the Terminator. Guy just kept throwing with little consequence to his fatigue it seemed. I was surprised he didn't break 600 strikes in those three rounds. He landed a lot, but not much of it was effective. I assume that's why I won. I know he wasn't happy lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 05:59 AM   #26
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Pertaining to the KO Mode...is this gonna be like Streetfighter/Mortal Combat or a little more simulation i.e.Fight Night? Thanks
Old 12-09-2015, 06:19 AM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Pertaining to the KO Mode...is this gonna be like Streetfighter/Mortal Combat or a little more simulation i.e.Fight Night? Thanks

It's hard to describe because it's a mix. They have simulation elements like stamina but in some ways it's similar to an arcade fighter like SF
Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #28
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'll one-up you and ask if you can manually trigger a touch-gloves moment and then screw your opponent over by clocking them.

Event Mode and Career Mode are my main interests.

Thanks!
For those who have watched the various trailers and dev diaries, our fearless voice-over leader and creative director on the game is notorious for doing this, to the point that most people don't bother trying to touch gloves with him anymore...
Old 12-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
For those who have watched the various trailers and dev diaries, our fearless voice-over leader and creative director on the game is notorious for doing this, to the point that most people don't bother trying to touch gloves with him anymore...
Old 12-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm sure this is a tough thing to balance, but hopefully it's improved a bit.

I won this fight by decision, but it felt like McGregor was the Terminator. Guy just kept throwing with little consequence to his fatigue it seemed. I was surprised he didn't break 600 strikes in those three rounds. He landed a lot, but not much of it was effective. I assume that's why I won. I know he wasn't happy lol.

lmfao. this is ****ing terrible.

Ufc was the best looking and animating EA game i'd played in a while and this is why i couldnt get into it. People could chain together fast combos relentlessly for three rounds and timed punches, kicks, nor fatigue could slow them down.

Not to say they cant be beaten, but I know a superhuman when I see one lol. I understand a bit of leeway for a video game, but at what point does it spit in the face of strategy/simulation?
Old 12-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah, the big hole in the stand up was how many strikes were thrown. But it wasn't a stamina problem so much as a "there isn't enough of a penalty for throwing a stupid strike" problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #32
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Yeah, the big hole in the stand up was how many strikes were thrown. But it wasn't a stamina problem so much as a "there isn't enough of a penalty for throwing a stupid strike" problem.
Yep. I feel like sometimes I get penalized for trying to defend shots. Guys will throw out 5, 6 strike combinations where a lot miss, get parried or blocked, but their bar will regenerate a lot faster than mine. So while I'm trying to regain enough stamina to throw a decent strike with power, they can keep swinging away. They're beatable, but it can be tough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »