Home

EA Sports UFC 2 GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: GameChanger Event 2 - Things I Should Look For

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Yep. I feel like sometimes I get penalized for trying to defend shots. Guys will throw out 5, 6 strike combinations where a lot miss, get parried or blocked, but their bar will regenerate a lot faster than mine. So while I'm trying to regain enough stamina to throw a decent strike with power, they can keep swinging away. They're beatable, but it can be tough.
I find this to be much more a problem with the guys who have the ability to regen stamina faster based on their movement. I believe Nick Diaz is one who has it. As long as you constantly stay moving you can throw light strikes nonstop and keep the opponents stamina from ever regen-ing faster than yours. I've seen this abused online many times.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I find this to be much more a problem with the guys who have the ability to regen stamina faster based on their movement. I believe Nick Diaz is one who has it. As long as you constantly stay moving you can throw light strikes nonstop and keep the opponents stamina from ever regen-ing faster than yours. I've seen this abused online many times.
Yep. When I fight a Nick Diaz I already know what I'm in for lol.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

When I say penalty I don't just mean stamina though. Throwing a superman punch from way out of range should put you in a terrible position that the other fighter can take advantage of if they act quickly. I'm not saying every whiffed jab should open you up to an easy KO but the striking is just too forgiving.

The parry system sort of works for this but it has more to do with the defender than the striker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 12:14 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
When I say penalty I don't just mean stamina though. Throwing a superman punch from way out of range should put you in a terrible position that the other fighter can take advantage of if they act quickly. I'm not saying every whiffed jab should open you up to an easy KO but the striking is just too forgiving.

The parry system sort of works for this but it has more to do with the defender than the striker.
God i hate parries... It seems like every EA fight game requires mastering of them for elite defense when in reality they're not needed at all to be great defensively. All the while timing of strikes is infinitely more important and is trivialized.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Accuracy

Do you notice a difference in accuracy in punches by those who are better at striking, and will accuracy and crispness of strikes decrease as fatigue drop?

Stopping Power

I never really felt the power of strikes because there didnt seem to be any resounding reactions to the blow or quality punch off-setting unless i was going into a 'health state'. A stiff straight or kick to the body should be rewarded by disrupting an opponents attack and movement. Is that represented?

Stamina

Can you still throw hundreds of strikes with very little consequence, and does my fighter fatigue at relatively the same rate as my opponent even tho im throwing less and making them miss?
I wish I could answer these in more detail. With that said, stopping power and stamina have been ongoing discussion points between the devs and the GCs and I'm happy with many of the changes that have resulted because of these discussions.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
God i hate parries... It seems like every EA fight game requires mastering of them for elite defense when in reality they're not needed at all to be great defensively. All the while timing of strikes is infinitely more important and is trivialized.
This. Just got back into playing this the past few weeks. Much more toned down than when the game was released but the AI's parrying skills are still uncanny. In addition, parrying by a player still takes very little skill.

Weak block also needs to go or at least make it a true weak block where strikes get through here and there. Right now, it only seems to be a true weak block when you're low on stamina.

But this is something that everyone has said before so I can't wait until EA goes over the "Ultimate Defense" changes.

So I've started playing this again and I do think that given their AI lead was gone for most of the patches, the EA UFC 1 AI is not too shabby. Now that they have Skynet building on top of this decent foundation, I have high optimism for EA UFC 2.

Last edited by pdandy; 12-21-2015 at 01:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »