Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Gameplay Video - KO Physics, Submissions, Grappling, Defense

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Gameplay Video - KO Physics, Submissions, Grappling, Defense within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Gameplay Video - KO Physics, Submissions, Grappling, Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Like it but dont love it. Striking is much improved but it hasnt taken the huge leap that grappling has. Here are the pros:

- 360 Head Movement and less effective parrying.
- Stamina improvements related to defense and throwing strikes.
- Strikes now have levels. For example, the hook that Dan Henderson throws is much stronger than someone like Pat Cummins.
- Stopping power is significantly better. Fighters can be KOd or knocked down from basic strikes like straights.

Here are the cons:

- No individual moves. I would love to see a fighter like GSP have his own jab or Aldo having his own leg kick.

The stopping power stuff seems pretty awesome though. And certain strikes from fighters will be significantly better than others. That's dope. Since the turn based grappling is gone, is it just a first come first serve kind of deal with transitioning?
Old 01-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #34
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Gameplay Video - KO Physics, Submissions, Grappling, Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadSlotta12
The stopping power stuff seems pretty awesome though. And certain strikes from fighters will be significantly better than others. That's dope. Since the turn based grappling is gone, is it just a first come first serve kind of deal with transitioning?
I can't comment with the same type of confidence as aholbert, but in the new gameplay trailer, it looked like there were meters that were being filled. This was when they showcased the assistance feature. So what I'm guessing is, the better fighters on the ground, their meters will fill faster or something to that extent. Again, complete speculation, and I could have interpreted the clip in the video incorrectly.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadSlotta12
A big blog is coming from EA that goes into extreme detail about the grappling system very soon. You will get all the info you need then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #36
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish I wasn't banned on the EA board. GPD seems to be more active there which makes sense with more traffic. My biggest fear is even with the inclusion of KO Mode the basement dwelling trolls will be out in force the 1st week of release. Pissed off they can't throw 6-7 machine gun jabs with Nate Diaz with no consequences.
I recall when UFC 3 was out these little mutants went as far as creating like 20 accounts each to complain about the standup until it was changed back to a spammers wet dream.
I really hope the Devs stand by their game this time and don't give in on realistic stamina drain and management.
AHolbert I've read much of the thread on EA breaking down the ground game. Dumb question. Is denying transitions still the same or no?
Old 01-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #37
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I wish I wasn't banned on the EA board. GPD seems to be more active there which makes sense with more traffic. My biggest fear is even with the inclusion of KO Mode the basement dwelling trolls will be out in force the 1st week of release. Pissed off they can't throw 6-7 machine gun jabs with Nate Diaz with no consequences.
I recall when UFC 3 was out these little mutants went as far as creating like 20 accounts each to complain about the standup until it was changed back to a spammers wet dream.
I really hope the Devs stand by their game this time and don't give in on realistic stamina drain and management.
AHolbert I've read much of the thread on EA breaking down the ground game. Dumb question. Is denying transitions still the same or no?
As long as online has realistic stamina I'll be happy. UFC 3 is a brilliant game with simulation mode on

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I think it will have the opposite effect. KO Mode will being the casual fans in for sure. But if they are unhappy with how realistic the other modes are....they can always play KO mode.

I dont remember there being a patch for UFC 3 so I dont remember them changing the striking at all related to complaints. If it was a spam fest, it was a spam fest at release. Are you thinking of UFC 2010?

Denying transitions is different but I'll let the blog explain that. I dont want to risk screwing it up.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #39
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think it will have the opposite effect. KO Mode will being the casual fans in for sure. But if they are unhappy with how realistic the other modes are....they can always play KO mode.

I dont remember there being a patch for UFC 3 so I dont remember them changing the striking at all related to complaints. If it was a spam fest, it was a spam fest at release. Are you thinking of UFC 2010?

Denying transitions is different but I'll let the blog explain that. I dont want to risk screwing it up.
Is KO mode both an offline and online game mode?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Is KO mode both an offline and online game mode?
Offline only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »