Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #41
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That's a shame. I remember back to the UFC 09 days and Pappy and I (Phobia, too) would make a point to always use different fighters in all of the weight classes. Drew McFredries wound up being a fun guy to use ... until he got taken down, lol.

This post is one of the reasons I stopped online gaming several years ago.
Lol, no doubt. I play with pretty much everyone online in EA UFC as well. 250 fighters at my fingertips in the new game is a crazy number for me to wrap my head around. That alone should provide for a lot of differing matchups online. I plan on turning the Derrick Lewis's of the world into Fedor. Clay Collard will be feared online haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt it. One thing that I realized from talking to some hardcore online gamers and spending more time on the UFC forums is that the only goal is winning. People talk about wanting to use more fighters but when it comes down to it people will likely use the same top fighters because it puts the best position to win.

I'm hoping that because the game is much improved, I expect more people will buy UFC 2 and that will result in more people on OS playing online. I think a sim minded community and an improved game will be great.
What could fix this would be having you pick your fighter before you get matched up with an opponent, and having it search for plus/minus 2 OVR for the opponents fighter. I don't know why no sports games have adopted this system.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
What could fix this would be having you pick your fighter before you get matched up with an opponent, and having it search for plus/minus 2 OVR for the opponents fighter. I don't know why no sports games have adopted this system.
From the convos I've seen, some people feel like this would have the reverse effect. Remember people want to win. So if they have no idea who their opponent is facing, they will always choose top fighters like Jones.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:03 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
From the convos I've seen, some people feel like this would have the reverse effect. Remember people want to win. So if they have no idea who their opponent is facing, they will always choose top fighters like Jones.
I'm not sure I understand why people would think that. Because all it would do is guarantee if you select a 86 OVR that you WON'T be facing a Jones, or Gus, or anyone over an 88. And if you DO select one of the top guys you're guaranteed to be fighting against another top guy. You might need to widen the rating window at the top a bit but the idea should work.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'm not sure I understand why people would think that. Because all it would do is guarantee if you select a 86 OVR that you WON'T be facing a Jones, or Gus, or anyone over an 88. And if you DO select one of the top guys you're guaranteed to be fighting against another top guy. You might need to widen the rating window at the top a bit but the idea should work.
In ranked, people REALLY care about their ranking. So lets say I'm #3 in the world and I'm awesome with GSP. I believe I can beat anyone with GSP even if they use fighters near my OVR like Condit and Lawler. In order to protect my ranking, I'm never going to use anyone but GSP. Why would I risk my ranking using someone like Wonderboy Thompson when i'm more confident that I would win with GSP?

Also, who decides who picks? What if I want to play with Jones but you want use Patrick Cummins. They arent near each other in OVR so who gets to choose who they want.

Last edited by aholbert32; 01-24-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

I have the same type of thinking as aholbert on this one. People are going to use whoever they want and there is no way to stop that. It's like in NBA when people only use the Cavs, Warriors and Rockets. And I think people also just want to use the best guys in the game because they think it gives them some sort of advantage.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #47
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

It would be fun to have a good group of people on OS and create our own Universe mode by creating cards and one person acting as Dana White and the others being randomly assigned a fighter on the card. It might not work, but it would be fun to try.

That would be a fun alternative way to play online.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2016, 10:22 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
In ranked, people REALLY care about their ranking. So lets say I'm #3 in the world and I'm awesome with GSP. I believe I can beat anyone with GSP even if they use fighters near my OVR like Condit and Lawler. In order to protect my ranking, I'm never going to use anyone but GSP. Why would I risk my ranking using someone like Wonderboy Thompson when i'm more confident that I would win with GSP?

Also, who decides who picks? What if I want to play with Jones but you want use Patrick Cummins. They arent near each other in OVR so who gets to choose who they want.
Those guys are going to pick their "money" fighters and that's fine; they'll get matched up against other "money" fighters.

Guys that want to use the whole roster will get to as well. They won't see those guys using GSP very much, they'll mostly be fighting each other.

And nobody picks which ratings class (to coin a term) the fight will be in. You pick an 86 OVR fighter. Matchmaking keeps looking till it finds someone between 84 and 88.

I get what you're saying that the really competitive guys are going to pick who they feel best with, but this change wouldn't be for them and wouldn't really impact them in any way. It'd just mean that if you wanted to pick a lower rated guy you could get matched up with other people that also want to pick a lower rated guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »