Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #57
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
We had something like that for UFC 1 and had a good amount of people participate. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ne-league.html It didn't last very long, but it was pretty fun. Honestly, until EA finally gives us a CFM/Universe type mode I don't see anything like that going very long. It's just a lot for one person to keep up with creating fights, making sure guys are getting their fights in, updating spreadsheets, etc. If the game tracked everything then that would make everything much easier.

For me I only like playing in a league setting. I mean, I can have fun fighting friends a couple of times, but I could careless about playing ranked. Online records just don't mean anything to me because I'd much rather see the league evolve as a whole. It's like back in the PS2 days when Madden and NCAA online first became available I loved it.... for about a year anyway, then it just became playing games over and over again for no reason other than to improve your ranking. The better your ranking the more cheese you encountered. It just got old after awhile. After that I wanted more and once online leagues came out I never played a single game against a random since. It's all league games or league warm up games against people I know.

Unfortunately, it seems that the people who are the most vocal in the EA UFC community are the people prefer online ranked. Knowing that fact and with all of the manhours and money that EA would have to invest to add an online league then I don't know if a couple of threads on message boards throughout the internet will ever be enough to move the needle. I hope I'm wrong though.
I feel like running a league for a game like this is just super tough. It could be a lot of fun if done right but like you said it is a lot of work.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #58
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I was really hoping for some sort of built in league mode in the game. Maybe it's not as wanted a feature by the community as it is for me, though. Guess I'll stick to unranked games. Hopefully the Ultimate Team mode is cool too.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #59
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I feel like running a league for a game like this is just super tough. It could be a lot of fun if done right but like you said it is a lot of work.
It can be done, but in my opinion it would only work with a small dedicated group who's schedules meshed well together. One of my co-workers and I had a two person league together in that we started with THQ UFC 2010 and it was a blast.

We started with a draft where we each selected four fighters per weight class. We would use the entire roster, but we "owned" our drafted fighters and would only let the other guy control them if it came down to a championship or #1 contenders type match. We would use the rest of the fighters and if you had a win with a fighter, you had the option to continue controlling that fighter in their next fight. Although, this wouldn't always be the case if it made sense for them to fight one of your drafted fighters.

The roster was fairly deep, especially since it was easy to share CAF's in the THQ games. When we started we based everything off of real life and ran with it from there. We kept up with records, belts, rankings, win/loss steaks, awards like Fight of the Night/Year, Knockout of the Night/Year, etc. We had PPV's, Fight Nights and once a year we even had a Pride card. Then at the end of each calendar year we had the option of swapping one of our drafted fighters, but we could only change if we had a current winning streak with that fighter at the end of the year.

At the time the company that we worked for was small, so my co-worker and I shared an office. We would spend a decent amount of time at work creating cards and figuring out what would be the next best match-up for each fighter, etc. It really was awesome to see how each fighter fared as the league progressed and who would rise up or fall off.

Unfortunately, my co-worker went and had two kids since then and he's never upgraded to XB1 or PS4 so now I have to fill my UFC league void my playing against the CPU. Which I had an okay time against the CPU with UFC 1 and if the AI improves I'm sure I can more than made due with UFC 2. I'd love to see a online mode like that one day because I'm sure it would push online to another level.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #60
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Do you think a league for a game like this with a moderate user base (12-24 people) would be best using a set advance schedule, ala Madden/NCAA? I feel like some people could play the game more than others, some people could get multiple fights in every night but others couldn't, so as far as official "league fights" keep it on a set schedule?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Do you think a league for a game like this with a moderate user base (12-24 people) would be best using a set advance schedule, ala Madden/NCAA? I feel like some people could play the game more than others, some people could get multiple fights in every night but others couldn't, so as far as official "league fights" keep it on a set schedule?
I think it's possible.
And I think you could manage schedules as well. Just like in real-life, if someone doesn't fight enough, they get stripped of the title, or they're dropped in the rankings.

Maybe have weekly rankings published and if you are stagnant that week you drop?

I'd be interested in joining a league. I'd be the Tomato Can of the bunch, but I'd have fun playing my role.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think we should start a new thread for it asap. Sounds like a boatload of fun. Will also fill our ufc universe void

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

The long time guys here will know this, but I've run a UFC league with every release of UFC (starting 2009 I believe). That ended with UFC 1, I wanted no more part of it after so many attempts that peter out.

It has never been from lack of "maintaining" the league, that I was always able to cover. It normally ends up coming down to 1) People lose interest as new games come out 2) People schedule not working.

Now like last year, I'll gladly take part but all I wanna do is fight

So if you want to take a quick journey of what it's like running a league, check out the threads below.

UFC 2009
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rage-cage.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...est-draft.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

UFC 2010
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ck-league.html

Rebooting for UFC 2010
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ck-reboot.html

UFC 3
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...c-xbox360.html

UFC Tourny
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-sign-ups.html

Last edited by Phobia; 01-25-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #64
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The number of entrants needs to be kept manageable and we need set advance days. It would also help if we are limited to a couple of weight classes at most. Having everyone have like five fighters got to be too much. The beauty of this game is how quickly fights can be knocked out. It's the perfect game for a league setup.

If we do this again and run lightweight, I'm claiming Bobby Green right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »