Home

PS4 20 CAF limit workaround for EA SPORTS UFC 2

This is a discussion on PS4 20 CAF limit workaround for EA SPORTS UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: PS4 20 CAF limit workaround for EA SPORTS UFC 2

That doesn't make any sense. I can create as many Fallout 4 (or madden or whatever) saves as I want and their data usage is tracked separately between the application and saved data. Have they actually said that's the reason?
Old 02-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
That doesn't make any sense. I can create as many Fallout 4 (or madden or whatever) saves as I want and their data usage is tracked separately between the application and saved data. Have they actually said that's the reason?

That was the answer I got for UFC 1 when I was complaining about only 10 cafs. There is a difference with ea UFC and games like WWE and Fallout. Those games typically know how much DLC they are going to release at launch so they know their max size.

I've never confirmed this but I don't think that ea UFCs dlc and patch plans are pre planned that far out. I'm not making an excuse for them. I think 20 is entirely too small but this is less of a big deal for most people considering the workaround and the huge roster.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

I don't see what DLC has to do with anything. The created fighters should be separate save files. That's got nothing to do with total application file size or DLC.

There's no limits to how many franchises I can start in Madden, right? Or rosters I can create?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I don't see what DLC has to do with anything. The created fighters should be separate save files. That's got nothing to do with total application file size or DLC.

There's no limits to how many franchises I can start in Madden, right? Or rosters I can create?
Look, I'm just telling you the reason they gave us for the limited CAFs in UFC1.
Normally I would be suspect of that excuse but they have no reason to lie about it. They dont benefit in anyway by limiting the CAFs. The DLC is always free so its not like they are trying to limit CAFs to force people to buy DLC. If it was easy to increase the amount of CAFs, I'm sure EA would just do it.

One other thing is a ton of CAFs doesnt appear to be a high priority for most of the community. For most people 20 CAFs is enough (not for me though I need at least 50) especially with 250 roster fighters (more coming by DLC). For the small minority that likes to create their own leagues, it definitely sucks.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
MVP

Sorry if I came off as attacking, I know you're just telling me what they told you, and like you said they don't have a reason to lie. The CAF save system must be different somehow from other game saves. I don't know why they did it that way (except that it could be some recycled FN code or something) but hopefully in 3 they rework it so that it's similar to how saves work in other sports games, or even in UFC with careers and stuff.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #14
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Depends on how they do it. Career CAFs are added separately than insta CAFs in UFC 1. All the insta are lumped together. All the career are separate. So the file sizes are different. No clue why it is so low, but there has to be a reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »