Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Fighter Ratings - Top 10 Stand Up Fighters

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Fighter Ratings - Top 10 Stand Up Fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Fighter Ratings - Top 10 Stand Up Fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Agree about Weidman and Thompson but you need to rewatch Conor/Mendes. Mendes wasnt making him look ordinary on his feet. On the ground, yes but not on his feet. Conor has also KO'd 6 of the 7 fighters he's faced. Kinda hard to not give him a high rating when you are looking at results.
Right. I've been browsing this forum and the EA one for news on the game in the last few days. I really hope EA aren't listening to this forum or the EA one for advice on realism. I mean this one seems to be much better to be fair. People on the EA forum really don't know their MMA at all. Saying Bethe has elite boxing and cain's wrestling isn't actually that good anymore because of the loss to Werdum. I'm not trying to be an elitist/hipster but yeah.

Since you seem to be an insider on some level... Do you know where they get information on the sport?

The MMA subreddit is a great place for knowledgeable fans. I mean I'm not naive enough to think that EA make decisions solely based on opinions on the internet but I'm sure it has some influence.

As for these ratings, they're not awful. I understand they need to find the balance between popularity and realism. Still tho... some stats are still a little ridiculous. Could have been worse when they're doing stats for so many fighters tho.

Am gutted Yoel Romero is only an 87 tho. He's like the perfect video game fighter, yet they ****ed up his stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Right. I've been browsing this forum and the EA one for news on the game in the last few days. I really hope EA aren't listening to this forum or the EA one for advice on realism. I mean this one seems to be much better to be fair. People on the EA forum really don't know their MMA at all. Saying Bethe has elite boxing and cain's wrestling isn't actually that good anymore because of the loss to Werdum. I'm not trying to be an elitist/hipster but yeah.

Since you seem to be an insider on some level... Do you know where they get information on the sport?

The MMA subreddit is a great place for knowledgeable fans. I mean I'm not naive enough to think that EA make decisions solely based on opinions on the internet but I'm sure it has some influence.

As for these ratings, they're not awful. I understand they need to find the balance between popularity and realism. Still tho... some stats are still a little ridiculous. Could have been worse when they're doing stats for so many fighters tho.

Am gutted Yoel Romero is only an 87 tho. He's like the perfect video game fighter, yet they ****ed up his stats.
I actually don't know. I've talked to people at EA over everything accept ratings and I haven't asked who does them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-15-2016, 04:30 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is my question: What do you use to determine who is the best standup fighter in the UFC?

I tend to use KO percentage, knockdowns and the number of times an opponent is hurt as a big part of the measurement.

If you use stats: Conor has KO percentage of over 95%. On top of that he's knocked down a number of opponents in those fights.

Aldo isnt even close to those numbers. DJ isnt. Holm isnt. Rockhold isnt.

The only people that come close are Dillashaw and Lawler.
Using this criteria, you would be saying boxers like Floyd Mayweather, B Hopkins, Sweet Pea Whitaker are mediocre.

Stats are often the curse of relative comparisons. It makes EA look silly with the current stay system in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »