Home

EA UFC 2 - How's Your Universe Going

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 - How's Your Universe Going within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
EA UFC 2 - How's Your Universe Going

Release is only one week away (less than that for EA Access Subscribers). Let's use this thread to discuss what things we plan to do with our Universe's and as a place to update them in the future. Feel free to add any rules that you plan on adding, as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA UFC 2 - How's Your Universe Going

I plan on running my Universe with mostly the UFC's current roster. There will be no Bruce Lee or Mike Tyson's in my Universe. I won't use most retired legends (Hughes, Liddell, Rutten, etc.) either, but I will bring back a few mid-level or recently retired guys (Kampmann, Philippou, etc.). I will have guys like Nick Diaz and Sonnen on suspension and once I reach the date that they will be off suspension in real life, then I will bring them back.

I'm going to incorporate things like injury suspensions, as well. Like if a fighter gets KO'ed they won't be able to fight again for 6 months. If they're in a war or get TKO'ed I'll make it a 3 or 4 month suspension. I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to add a random system for training injury's, but I'm fairly sure I will eventually.

I'm starting off with real life records/title holders, etc. and am adding as many real life fights as I can. Once I get past the first few real life events I'll start making it my own. I am currently adding where each fighter is from to my spreadsheet because I like to add fighters from a certain region to a fight card that takes place there and having that info will make creating fight cards a little easier.

Here's how I pick fighters that I use:

Starting off I basically pick who I like the best. If I don't really have a preference, then I will flip a coin. If I win that fight then I try to use that fighter again in their next fight and same thing with the CPU. Sometimes matchups with throw a wrench into that plan, but I try to let streaks ride the best I can.

Here's my #1 and #2 fighters for each weight class:

WSW
Paige VanZant/Rose Namujunas

WBW
Holly Holm/Raquel Pennington

FLYW
Demetrious Johnson/Ian McCall

BW
Brad Pickett/Micheal McDonald

FW
Frankie Edgar/Chan Sung Jung

LW
Joe Lauzon/Dustin Poirier

WW
Martin Kampmann/Carlos Condit

MW
Dan Henderson/Tim Kennedy

LHW
Rashad Evans/Chael Sonnen

HW
Big Nog/Stipe Miocic

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 03-08-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I already have about 8 or 9 fight cards made, and I'm having a very tough time incorporating every fighter on the roster. It could be impossible to get everyone involved without some sort of injury/suspension system. Besides that, my UFC 1 card is stacked with guys I can't wait to use:

Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Romero
Barboza v Ferguson
Almeida v Caraway
Villante v Anderson
Maia v Lombard
Old 03-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I've almost finished loading everyone up into my spreadsheet with their Zuffa records and last 6 fights. My next step will be to go through each division and put everyone in three buckets. The A bucket will be everyone that is going to be active in my universe. The B bucket will be 'reserves' that I will call in if a guy drops out of the active list for retirement or just losing too much. The C bucket is inactive fighters. I'll play it by ear on how many active fighters I have in each class, but it'll be bare minimum 12 and more likely 15 for all and a couple more for some divisions. I'll do it based on their recent history and I'll also put a few guys in I like even if they don't have an impressive resume.

Going from the B bucket to A bucket could involve some sort of 4 man tournament or something similar, sort of like a mini-TUF, unless there's one guy that's clearly a better option.

I'll actually be holding off on starting my universe for a little while though. I want to play with career mode and UT for a while first before I start mixing my own stuff in.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I've almost finished loading everyone up into my spreadsheet with their Zuffa records and last 6 fights. My next step will be to go through each division and put everyone in three buckets. The A bucket will be everyone that is going to be active in my universe. The B bucket will be 'reserves' that I will call in if a guy drops out of the active list for retirement or just losing too much. The C bucket is inactive fighters. I'll play it by ear on how many active fighters I have in each class, but it'll be bare minimum 12 and more likely 15 for all and a couple more for some divisions. I'll do it based on their recent history and I'll also put a few guys in I like even if they don't have an impressive resume.

Going from the B bucket to A bucket could involve some sort of 4 man tournament or something similar, sort of like a mini-TUF, unless there's one guy that's clearly a better option.

I'll actually be holding off on starting my universe for a little while though. I want to play with career mode and UT for a while first before I start mixing my own stuff in.
Is there anyway you could send me the finished product I'm new to all this and want to start with the best options

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
Pro

Hey guys what kind of information are y'all adding into your spreadsheets? Right now I just have rankings obviously and previous fight information. I was looking for more ideas that anyone used that worked but did not make it too difficult to manage
Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Hey guys what kind of information are y'all adding into your spreadsheets? Right now I just have rankings obviously and previous fight information. I was looking for more ideas that anyone used that worked but did not make it too difficult to manage
I have title defenses and title reigns, as well as record, next fight and ranking. I've seen other people do awards as well.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged4eva
Is there anyway you could send me the finished product I'm new to all this and want to start with the best options

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I'll post it on here once I'm done, just have LHW and HW to go but I've got a newborn at home so I'm taking my time. Mine isn't nearly as advanced as some other people's.

edit: Holy crap is LHW a wasteland.

Last edited by fballturkey; 03-09-2016 at 01:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »