Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #73

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

I feel like in the presentation dept., this is another EA Sports game that relies heavily on the brand name and then drops off. Parts of the game have good presentation style, others feel dull. In between rounds, where both fighters do that tired sigh animation really wears thin. It appears to often. Even at the end of a fight, with replays and commentary, it's very bland and lifeless.

So while it's great to have the UFC brand, commentators and lifelike fighters, it would be nice if those things went deeper and added more meaning to the experience.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I feel like in the presentation dept., this is another EA Sports game that relies heavily on the brand name and then drops off. Parts of the game have good presentation style, others feel dull. In between rounds, where both fighters do that tired sigh animation really wears thin. It appears to often. Even at the end of a fight, with replays and commentary, it's very bland and lifeless.

So while it's great to have the UFC brand, commentators and lifelike fighters, it would be nice if those things went deeper and added more meaning to the experience.
Agreed, it's very underwhelming. A lot of areas in this game are.

Btw, anyone else hate the half-guard position in this game? And I don't mean gameplay wise, but just the look of it, with both hands of the top fighter resting on the bottom fighter's chest. It's just a weird position to see, esp since the ground game here is not as "active" as let's say UFC3. Even EA MMA had a better looking half-guard imo. Minor thing but it just really annoys me.

I also don't like the single-leg takedown animations. It's like they're trying to be cool with the animation, but it just gets old quickly. I'd like to see more of the simple, driving forward and down single and double leg takedowns.

I have so many annoyances with this game. For the amount of time that they worked on it and the history of MMA games that came before it, this just feels like an underwhelming product.

That said, I do enjoy playing it.

Last edited by rafaelpaolo84; 03-17-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #75
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I already hate playing randoms online. Last night had a guy playing as Max Holloway, I was Dillashaw. I was able to take him down at will and get submission attempts. But he kept calling me a ***** for not standing and trading, then when I took him down and postured up and finished him with ground and pound he quit on me before it was over. I guess I know now why I rarely play games online.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I already hate playing randoms online. Last night had a guy playing as Max Holloway, I was Dillashaw. I was able to take him down at will and get submission attempts. But he kept calling me a ***** for not standing and trading, then when I took him down and postured up and finished him with ground and pound he quit on me before it was over. I guess I know now why I rarely play games online.
I tend to just laugh at them.....don't let it work you up.

This guy was saying before the match started "I'm going to whoop your mother******* ***". so I faked a touch gloves and took him down for the win lol.
https://www.twitch.tv/phobiaos/v/54957791

This one spammed special moves and when I beat him did the same thing.....quit.
https://www.twitch.tv/phobiaos/v/54957890
Old 03-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I always mute when playing random people. If I don't, I start feeling sad for humanity.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #78
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I must say that i am really enjoying this game. I love the unknown...that KO dynamic. I like the fact that different figbters have different strengths. I also love the on-screen commands...especially for dudes like myself who is a fan but not hardcore and may not have a full understanding of what to do in certain situations. All i have played so far is ranked online and its really been enjoyable believe it or not. As a guy who was a hardcore Fight Night dude, it makes me wonder what they could do with boxing.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #79
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

EA made Daniel Cormier a submission god. Since when was he able to do chain submissions in real life ? In the game he can do them with ease. I seen him go from a rear naked choke to an arm bar.

I feel the window for take down reversals and take down counter submissions is too damn small. Seem like the CPU at times can take you down INSTANTLY with no delay. At least that is how it felt when I fought against Frankie Edgar with BJ Penn.

Leg kicks need to be taken back to how it was in the beta. Now they are too weak and feel like they are cosmetic only. I haven't seen a leg kick TKO in the retail version of the game at all, even with landing over 50 hard leg kicks with people with high powerful leg kicks in real life.

Lunges needs to be re-worked or something. Seem like the human USER is always moving slower then the CPU. The CPU back pedal speed is quicker then the human speed moving forward, even when the CPU is stunned. Almost feels like weight doesn't matter or every fighter can move at the same speed. Big fat dudes move faster then slimmer dudes around the octagon.

The score card judging at times makes no sense at all. The game is awesome but these little things annoy the hell out of me.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:35 PM   #80
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Made it to division 4 in Title chase online. With a great record. Now I win a fight maybe every 6 fights lo. Talk about humble pie. Smh I want to go back to Div 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »