Home

Opponents in Career Mode

This is a discussion on Opponents in Career Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Opponents in Career Mode

Has anyone played through career mode long enough to notice if you keep fighting the same opponents over and over again once you've won the belt?

The last game just kept recycling the same fighters and I would end up having a title fight against the same guys repeatedly because they had the best ratings.

Has anyone noticed if any high level generated fighters show up to challenge you for the belt to keep things more interesting?

I thought this was a big drawback, not having the computer automatically generate high rated fighters with different styles that would climb the ranks quickly to challenge for the belt instead of throwing the same guys at you.

Last edited by SlackJawedYokel; 03-16-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #2

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Opponents in Career Mode

I only had 3 or 4 title fights, but each one was different and there was a CAF in there.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I did end up fighting the same fighter on two separate occasions. Although I would not say it was a bad thing as the first time was a well deserved rubber match with Robbie Lawler (he beat me once and then I took the belt from him afterwards). The second rematch was against Rockhold but again it felt well earned because I took his title in a close Split Decision.

The other opponents ranged from current top contenders to random fighters generated by the CPU in the top 5 (although these fighters always seemed to be 100 overall with all maxed out stats...)
Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I only had 3 or 4 title fights, but each one was different and there was a CAF in there.
My first title defense at 170 after beating Lawler (who had 9 title defenses...) was against a 100-100-100 rated CAF. Lucked out on that fight and then got to pound on Ben Saunders for my 2nd defense.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lost on an attempted 4th title defense at LHW to a guy named Matthias Decker. Knocked me out in 14 seconds. I beat Manuwa and a random to get back to the title. Won a rematch against Decker, then took him on again in my next fight to hold the belt. Personally I was fine with it. I had two matches with Manuwa and three with Decker and I felt they were both perfectly called for.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »