Home

CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes?

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes?

Hey so I ran an event earlier and just watched all the fights play out (except 1). It was a 7-fight card, with the match-ups as follows:

1. Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones (championship)
2. Fabricio Werdum vs Ben Rothwell (championship)
3. Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar (championship)
4. Chris Weidman vs Jacare Souza (3 rds)
5. Joanna J. vs Ronda Rousey (3 ds)
6. Aljamain Sterling vs Thomas Almeida (3 rds)
7. Kazushi Sakuraba vs Lyoto Machida (3 rds)

Pro difficulty
Accelerated clock

I played Conor vs Frankie and knocked Frankie out in round 3. The rest were CPU vs CPU, which all went to the decision. I was a bit concerned by this. Do you often see finishes in CPU vs CPU?

The closest I saw was Werdum vs Rothwell. Rothwell rocked Werdum a number of times during the fight, but didn't seem to have the killer instinct to go after him. Werdum eventually recovered every time, and even ended up winning the fight.

It's my first time watching the CPU vs CPU so it's a very small sample size. I'll run another event tonight, but I was just wondering if you're seeing finishes with CPU vs CPU?

Btw, the Sterling vs Almeida fight was a blast to watch, definitely my favorite out of the card. Almeida threw some sick combos, and Sterling almost won with an armbar in rd 2 and a rear-naked choke in rd 3. Almeida won via split.

Joanna, however, kept trying to take down Rousey. Yikes.

Last edited by rafaelpaolo84; 03-18-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes?

I've ran 3 11 fight cards so far, and there's usually 3-4 finishes per. This is on pro difficulty as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I made a 7 fight card on pro,cpu vs cpu and all fights finished in a decision.

I have played about 20 fights vs cpu and the only KO i got was from GnP.

Not sure if any of the controls have changed but i am having trouble parrying and dodging to set up the big hits like i could in the first game,but it has been awhile since i have played so maybe just more practice.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmx21
I've ran 3 11 fight cards so far, and there's usually 3-4 finishes per. This is on pro difficulty as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Ah thanks, good to know that it's happening at least. Maybe it's the match-ups as well.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

In the 2nd fight of an 8-fight card, and I finally see my first CPU vs CPU finish - CM Punk with a gnp tko over Nate Diaz lol

Watching VanZant vs Waterson now, awesome fight so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I do a my Universe using Jeremy's spreadsheet, which I love. And I like to RP the role of dana white and be match maker and make decisions. Anyways, I do not want any human influence in the actual fight, so I use CPU vs CPU.

Using my excel spreadsheet which tracks finishes, through 24 fights, so so far all cpu vs cpu, here is my stats.

5 decisions
5 KOs (I only count standing KOS, not GNP)
12 TKO all gnp
2 Submissions.

So that should hopefully help you out.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I do a my Universe using Jeremy's spreadsheet, which I love. And I like to RP the role of dana white and be match maker and make decisions. Anyways, I do not want any human influence in the actual fight, so I use CPU vs CPU.

Using my excel spreadsheet which tracks finishes, through 24 fights, so so far all cpu vs cpu, here is my stats.

5 decisions
5 KOs (I only count standing KOS, not GNP)
12 TKO all gnp
2 Submissions.

So that should hopefully help you out.
That's great Slyone14! May I ask what difficulty and clock setting this is on?

My event just ended, had 2 more finishes on top of the CM Punk one. So I think we can put this to rest. I'm noticing a lack of aggression by the CPU in the mount though. Sometimes they land 2-3 damaging strikes and just when you know that the other fighter is about to get finished, they just stop punching. They stay postured up for a couple of seconds not doing anything at all. What's worse is that sometimes (a lot of times actually) they even transition to side control.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
That's great Slyone14! May I ask what difficulty and clock setting this is on?

My event just ended, had 2 more finishes on top of the CM Punk one. So I think we can put this to rest. I'm noticing a lack of aggression by the CPU in the mount though. Sometimes they land 2-3 damaging strikes and just when you know that the other fighter is about to get finished, they just stop punching. They stay postured up for a couple of seconds not doing anything at all. What's worse is that sometimes (a lot of times actually) they even transition to side control.

Sure, not a problem at all. I play on Pro and normal clock time. Don't like accelerated and I think the hardest level is probably the best, and ive had the most success.

What you said is true, but whats funny is most of my finishes are actually from GNP, so I think it really depends on the fighter. I always think its far better results than any human interference, IMHO

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »