Home

Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

This is a discussion on Official UFC 2 Career Discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

Am I the only one who gets plagued with constant injuries, short sessions, and training lockouts right when I break into the top 10 in my division?

I have finished two career modes. The first one I really underestimated training and and ended up being outclassed once I got into contender territory. My second career I did a much better job training but always went into title fights with the above problem. It is completely annoying.

Then there is the career damage bs. My career significant strike defense is around 45% and I take few hits as i GNP win early in fights during the climb to the title just so i can save time.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #18
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
Am I the only one who gets plagued with constant injuries, short sessions, and training lockouts right when I break into the top 10 in my division?

I have finished two career modes. The first one I really underestimated training and and ended up being outclassed once I got into contender territory. My second career I did a much better job training but always went into title fights with the above problem. It is completely annoying.

Then there is the career damage bs. My career significant strike defense is around 45% and I take few hits as i GNP win early in fights during the climb to the title just so i can save time.
I started running into those short sessions regularly when I was ranked in the 30s. Every other week. Sometimes back to back weeks.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:21 AM   #19
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

I just finished my first career mode playthrough. I still have barely any idea how to actually play the game, so I put it on easy mode. Thanks to my overpowered spinning kicks and ground/pound attacks and perks, I never lost a fight.

Having gone 34-0, including a 48 second fluke knockout of McGregor when I changed weight classes (in the rematch, it nearly went the distance), and being forced into retirement, I have a few minor thoughts:

The "events" that mess with your training come up way too often, and so many times it is for something stupid that I refuse a real UFC fighter has to deal with (I missed a training day because I have an appointment with the cable guy? You mean to tell me that I don't have a single friend, manager, or acquaintance who can watch over the event while I'm training for a huge fight in the main event of a UFC fight card?)

Training was almost impossible at times, because I simply kept having stupid stuff come up like that that prevented me from reaching my 100% potential. I can understand a few roadblocks, but it felt like nothing but roadblocks.

Spin-kicks are over-powered, at least against the computer on my difficulty. A few to the back of the head seems to put anyone down, except for this one fight I had against some no name CAF. I seriously hit him in the head 87 times (I counted!) over the course of four rounds, with my level 5 spin kick+Level 5 Head KO perk, and he kept on trucking on like it was nothing. I ended up winning thanks to decision, but there are some cases where it feels like the game actively wants you to lose, in spite of your best efforts.

I had a laugh. In the beginning when you get put on a TUF team, Anderson Silva basically thought I was total garbage.

Ended up winning the Lightweight and Featherweight belts, going undefeated, and having a fastest KO of 20 seconds.

I would have liked the experience to be a little deeper, but I do appreciate that it is possible to actually FINISH a career mode in this game, in a fulfilling way.

My biggest complaint was that the simulated results were not what I expected.

Ronda Rousey basically gave up on life or something, because she disappeared without fighting in another match, apparently. Alistair Overeem managed to win back his title despite being about 6,000 years old. Joanna lost her title to some scrub CAF, and lost basically every match for the rest of her career.

But all of this pales in comparison to Connor McGregor. As much as I loathe him, I know he's a talented fighter. After losing to me (twice), he started an embarassing string of losses, and not just to CAFs. He ended up retiring a year or two after I beat him the second time.

I'm theorizing the reason so many of these big names lose and we're stuck fighting CAFs is because the CPU overpowers the CAFs. Torward the end of my career, I was in four straight fights with guys with either maxed out stats (100 in every stat) or nearly maxed out ones (97+ overall). All of them were CAFs, and one of them was 38 years old.

There should be a decline period, but there should be limits on just how good CAFs can get, with the exception of a once in a generation talent appearing.

I don't know. I loved the career mode, I thought it was a plus in a game full of plusses, but I do feel like there's a lot to be improved for the next game.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:25 AM   #20
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys
Actually, yes, I finally did. I got the POTN - KO bonus for the aforementioned 8 second KO, but that was the only one.
I hate to double post, but in my own career (mentioned in post above) I only got one award too, a POTN - KO bonus for my 20 second knockout.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:06 AM   #21
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

So I had to retire as champion. What happens now? I don't see my guy in the roster list. Can I not fight with him anymore? Last yr you could fight exhibition matches after you retired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

That's interesting. Anyone have an answer?
Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

So I'm ranked #6 and I beat #2 Rory McDonald and after the fight I get a notice that my popularity is waning and that I really need to make a statement in my next fight. I'm now ranked #3 and do I get a shot at the title? Nope. I get a fighter challenge from #9 Carlos Condit. It's like they make you do these fighter challenges just because they've made the montages.

I had one maybe 3 or 4 fights ago from Robbie Lawler when I was ranked in the top ten and he was #17. Doesn't really make any sense to me.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:30 AM   #24
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0

Some of the matchmaking in my career mode is nonsense. I made a womens bantamweight boxer and I noticed Holly Holm basically rarely ever fought before I finally faced her in the championship. On the other hand, Ronda Rousey was constantly fighting, and despite being the #1 or #2 contender never once got a title shot. So by the time I won the belt, I was 12-0 I think, Holly Holm was only 13-1 including her loss to me and meanwhile Rousey was like 30-10. After 8 or 9 title defenses, Ive fought Miesha Tate, Holly Holm again, Jessica Eye twice, Marion Reneau, Bethe Correia, and despite some of them terrible win-loss ratios, they were still ranked top 10. Yet, there still hasnt been a Rousey fight, 22 fights in, and shes 42-17 right now which is absolutely absurd. Its as if Rousey is the only one constantly fighting yet has not once contended for the title. Its completely absurd but a similar thing happened to me last year with Jon Jones in the LW division. Completely ridiculous matchmaking. On another note I completely underestimated the training and even though I maxed out my stand up early on, I didnt work enough to round out my ground game and my attributes are really outclassed by all the 90 lvl fighters.

Edit: After 13 straight title defenses and currently 25-0, (Ive gotten lucky against Holm and Tate) Ronda Rousey is 53-20 and Ive yet to fight her in my career. Makes no sense.

Last edited by Slooty2k; 03-24-2016 at 01:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »