Home

Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

This is a discussion on Official UFC 2 Career Discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

So, I'm 13 fights into my career and here are a few things that I've seen in the mode that have me shaking my head.

First of all, apparently the UFC will decide that PPVs aren't profitable at all. I've fought 13 times and yet my next fight offer is for either UFC 205 or 206

Speaking of my next fight offer, I have a choice of fighting at UFC 205 on regular notice or UFC 206 on short notice. No, I didn't type that incorrectly. The later event is my short notice offer with only 1 training option instead of 3. Although, maybe the explanation for both this and the above is that in the future the UFC will hold events out of order. Maybe in a desperate attempt for sales, they decided to hold UFC 300 shortly after 200 and now they're just filling in the events in between out of order...

Talk about fighters going downhill. EAS UFC 2 predicts quite the fall for Jon Jones, going 7-10 over his next 17 fights. I can only imagine they believe that instead of conquering his drug problems that he is instead only going to get very good at hiding them.

Meanwhile, apparently Daniel Cormier will stay champion even while suffering from severe injury issues. While Jon Jones struggles with his drug problems going 7-10 over 17 fights, Daniel Cormier will only fight 2 times (both wins).

I think I've seen this complaint a few times other places, but I'll go ahead and mention it. I'm 13-0 to start my career, ranked number 4, just beat Frankie Edgar. My next fight offer? Either the #11 guy Hacran Dias on short notice or the #13 guy, Yair Rodriguez, who I just beat via KO in the fight before my last...

I have 13 straight KO's to start my career. How many fight awards have I received? That's right, none...

I'd tell you how old my character is, if I could find it. Apparently the only place to find out how old you are is to look at the tale of the tape just before one of your fights (unless I'm really missing something). I can, however, look in the "News" section to discover what the current date is during my career. Apparently, it's only 2019. So, I've fought 13 times in 3 years (none of them short notice fights), including a stint on TUF where I fought exhibition fights that didn't count toward my record. No wonder I've taken so much damage at the young age of 21...

Wait, it's 2019, so Jon Jones has fought 17 times and lost 10 times in 3 years? Somebody stop this guy...

Apparently, in 3 years both Nogueira's will continue to be fighting, while Chris Weidman will disappear off the face of the earth. Yup, can't find him anywhere in any of the rankings, not in MW, WW, or LHW...

Last edited by YogiYahooeys; 03-19-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: UFC 2: Odd Career experiences

Yes it is quite obvious to me that EA did not spend a majority of its resources on this mode.

Ill use this thread as a place to vent my frustration with this mode, so bear with me. For me, Ronda Rousey is 19-8-0 now. So she went 7-7 since the start of career mode, thats horrendous. Jose Aldo is now 27-7. So he went 2-5 over his last 7 fights, thats terrible. TJ Dillashaw is now 16-10, so he has gone 4-7 over his last 11. You find a word to describe this.

A big problem also, is that 12 fights in, Dan Henderson is still fighting (rank 5).... Anderson Silva is still fighting(rank 1)......, but Jon Jones, Meisha Tate, nor Holly Holm are still in the top 50. I don't even know if they are still fighting at all. But guess it doesn't matter since you can't view cards outside the one your in.

And thats the main problem with this mode, and why I prefer my own fake universe mode. You don't feel like a part of a big picture, you don't have any teammates, coaches are not a part of your life, neither are rivalries. You don't even get a chance to watch other fights. Its just fight, train, fight, train, fight, train. So repetitive it hurts.

How about sitting in the front row to watch the number 1 contenders match when you're champion, how about calling out other fighters, or giving us the chance to talk trash or be respectful. I mean there's nothing extra in this mode, just barebones career mode.

Last edited by Don Jon; 03-19-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

They really didn't touch much under the hood in career mode. Some people fight way too much and some people never fight this was a problem in the first game. It seems that performance bonuses are broken I've never won one and I've seen a few posts where people are saying they're 22-1 or something with 21 finishes and have won zero bonuses.

The news tells you who won fights but it doesn't tell you if anyone won a title or anything so you have to goto your rankings screens but my problem is it's 2018 and all my champions are the same outside of the division I'm in and pretty much none of the champions have fought.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

I agree with you guys they really need to do something about career mode it gets boring really fast with hardly any excitement going on, i also prefer my own fantasy universe mode over that it makes it more interesting.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
I agree with you guys they really need to do something about career mode it gets boring really fast with hardly any excitement going on, i also prefer my own fantasy universe mode over that it makes it more interesting.
Yeah they somehow made it more boring and I think they realized that and they try and get you through the mode as quickly as possible. It feels like that's why if you knock a guy out in 30 seconds and only take a punch or two your career damage meter will still go up even though you really didn't take any damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
Rookie

I've been playing some more, so I'll add some more odd things. As I was watching the intro to a fight, I read the "highlights" for my fighter. It stated that I had 12 KO's in a row. In fact, I have 18 KO's in a row. I have no idea why the game couldn't recognize that...

Two camps in a row now I've had the same exact debuff on my clinch training. I don't mind the odd occurrence here and there, but getting the same debuff two times in a row or getting hit by multiple debuffs in the same camp is getting a bit much.

The balance between good and bad debuffs seems off as well. I've definitely been hit by many, many more bad buffs than good buffs. Honestly, I can only remember maybe 2 good camp buffs in total so far.

Something else strange that I forgot to mention about the post fight award bonuses. EA UFC 2 is still treating it like the old system where there has to be a Fight of the Night, KO, and Sub bonus. While the Performance of the Night awards are now no longer specifically required to be 1 KO and 1 Sub. More often than not, IRL the POTN bonuses are both KOs. In EA UFC 2, it seems when there is no sub on a card, there are only 2 bonuses (KO and FOTN). So that could definitely use some tweaking...

Last edited by YogiYahooeys; 03-19-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

Thanks for stickying this thread, I hope EA reads the displeasure with their lack of career mode focus. I'd honestly rather them scrap it and focus more on event mode/universe, if this is what they envision as a finished career mode.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

I'm curious to how much interest a career mode draws from the general population of fans that play these games. I haven't really touched career mode since THQ's career mode because I just have no interest. Quick fights (online and off), tournament modes, PRIDE mode, and Event Mode have kept me fulfilled and interested. I'd much prefer a universe mode over a career mode. I wonder if the developers sensed the same thing as far as career mode not being in huge demand.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »