Home

We NEED Sliders!

This is a discussion on We NEED Sliders! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
We NEED Sliders!

We seriously need sliders for the offline portion of the game. I'm getting really sick and tired of winning all of my fights via ground and pound.

Normal difficulty, hard difficulty, it doesn't matter. The CPU does not defend the ground and pound and I shouldn't have to take it out of my arsenal because the CPU isn't smart enough to defend it, or because it's just too overpowered on the users end.

It's getting ridiculous and REALLY taking the enjoyment out of the offline portion of the game. They either need to give us sliders, or this issue needs to be patched. I just played 3 fights in a row on hard difficulty, and won all 3 of them by ground and pound in the first round. It's not fun, it's not strategic, and it shouldn't be this easy.

Edit: 4 in a row now. Pathetic

Last edited by Gosens6; 03-19-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: We NEED Sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
We seriously need sliders for the offline portion of the game. I'm getting really sick and tired of winning all of my fights via ground and pound.

Normal difficulty, hard difficulty, it doesn't matter. The CPU does not defend the ground and pound and I shouldn't have to take it out of my arsenal because the CPU isn't smart enough to defend it, or because it's just too overpowered on the users end.

It's getting ridiculous and REALLY taking the enjoyment out of the offline portion of the game. They either need to give us sliders, or this issue needs to be patched. I just played 3 fights in a row on hard difficulty, and won all 3 of them by ground and pound in the first round. It's not fun, it's not strategic, and it shouldn't be this easy.

Edit: 4 in a row now. Pathetic
Who are you using and who are you fighting?
Old 03-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

House rules man, house rules. I haven't started my career yet and I'm already plotting and scheming on what I'm going to have to do in order to balance the game out. After reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was along the lines of this......

Once I get em on the ground I'm only allowed two punches before I switch positions, if I switch positions more than two times I might just get up (using my imagination to act like the A.I. pushed me off). Ya gotta be creative man, come on you know that by now!!
Old 03-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
House rules man, house rules. I haven't started my career yet and I'm already plotting and scheming on what I'm going to have to do in order to balance the game out. After reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was along the lines of this......

Once I get em on the ground I'm only allowed two punches before I switch positions, if I switch positions more than two times I might just get up (using my imagination to act like the A.I. pushed me off). Ya gotta be creative man, come on you know that by now!!
The only overpowered position I'm seeing against the CPU is back side and I use a house rule for that. If the AI blocks once, I will switch positions.

Even on full mount, I find that AI is decent at defending depending on who they are using.

I agree there should be sliders but I dont agree that the ground and pound is OP.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The only overpowered position I'm seeing against the CPU is back side and I use a house rule for that. If the AI blocks once, I will switch positions.

Even on full mount, I find that AI is decent at defending depending on who they are using.

I agree there should be sliders but I dont agree that the ground and pound is OP.
I wish I could agree with you, man. I really do. Cause I LOVE this game, but the way I can just win in the ground and pound is killing me.

My last 5 fights I ended with easy GNP. Granted, I'm using very powerful strikers, but it's not like I'm doing this to scrubs..

I beat Uriah Hall with GSP in 1:12 with GNP

Beat Anderson Silva with Jacre in 3:38 with GNP

Beat Holly Holm with Ronda Rousey in 2:29 with GNP

Beat Daniel Cormier with Jon Jones in 45 seconds with GNP

I can't recall my 5th fight, but that was won with GNP very early. I don't even make it out of the 1st round in my fights.

Its literally takedown, posture up, mash the square button. The CPU just doesn't defend or move. I hate to use house rules, but I'm probably going to have to at this point because it's taking away from an incredibly fun game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I wish I could agree with you, man. I really do. Cause I LOVE this game, but the way I can just win in the ground and pound is killing me.

My last 5 fights I ended with easy GNP. Granted, I'm using very powerful strikers, but it's not like I'm doing this to scrubs..

I beat Uriah Hall with GSP in 1:12 with GNP

Beat Anderson Silva with Jacre in 3:38 with GNP

Beat Holly Holm with Ronda Rousey in 2:29 with GNP

Beat Daniel Cormier with Jon Jones in 45 seconds with GNP

I can't recall my 5th fight, but that was won with GNP very early. I don't even make it out of the 1st round in my fights.

Its literally takedown, posture up, mash the square button. The CPU just doesn't defend or move. I hate to use house rules, but I'm probably going to have to at this point because it's taking away from an incredibly fun game.
Two things: You are using 4 of the top 10 grapplers in the game and 2 of the ppl you beat have no ground game (Hall and Holm). That should lead to some dominance on the ground.

I'm not seeing that that type of dominance from full guard on Hard or Pro because when I posture up, I'm lucky to get one strike in before they attempt to hip out or hold me so i cant posture up.

You just may be better than most at the ground because I'm not hearing alot of people say they are dominating the CPU on the ground. Most of the complaints are about the stand up (which is the problem)
Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Two things: You are using 4 of the top 10 grapplers in the game and 2 of the ppl you beat have no ground game (Hall and Holm). That should lead to some dominance on the ground.

I'm not seeing that that type of dominance from full guard on Hard or Pro because when I posture up, I'm lucky to get one strike in before they attempt to hip out or hold me so i cant posture up.

You just may be better than most at the ground because I'm not hearing alot of people say they are dominating the CPU on the ground. Most of the complaints are about the stand up (which is the problem)
I have no idea then, man. I'm not asking to be perfectly defended when I'm using people with a good ground game, I'm just asking for some sort of defense against me.

When I posture up, I throw a few strikes, the AI throws there hands to the side and I just rain down punches until the fight is stopped. I hate to be one to say I'm too good at something, but I'm shocked to see I'm the only one with this problem.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I have no idea then, man. I'm not asking to be perfectly defended when I'm using people with a good ground game, I'm just asking for some sort of defense against me.

When I posture up, I throw a few strikes, the AI throws there hands to the side and I just rain down punches until the fight is stopped. I hate to be one to say I'm too good at something, but I'm shocked to see I'm the only one with this problem.
Can you show a video of this? Try Hard or Pro. I'm interested to see what is happening. I played 10 fights last night and only one ended with a GNP KO from mount and that was in the second round against a CAF that I likely didnt give enough Ground attributes to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »