Home

Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

This is a discussion on Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by noternocular
I'm so sick and tired of the guys using the 1-2-leg-kick-combo spamming that I'm literally on the verge of giving up on this game. Somehow i can never find the range against these guys (yeah, all of them using Barboza lol). What the hell am i supposed to do? They literally throw 300 leg kicks per fight
This may not solve all your problems. But what I try to do. Is RT low gaurd Y does low parry. And,,, this is important,, keep at a mid distance and be ever ready to LT and flick your head back when they go for your face. I still have a tendency of getting knocked out, but that's just because I suck at judging and spacing the distance. But when done right, I get some nice counter shots.

Last edited by ThisOneRich; 04-23-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneRich
This may not solve all your problems. But what I try to do. Is RT low gaurd Y does low parry. And,,, this is important,, keep at a mid distance and be ever ready to LT and flick your head back when they go for your face. I still have a tendency of getting knocked out, but that's just because I suck at judging and spacing the distance. But when done right, I get some nice counter shots.
Also have this problem in UT: was fighting against a fighter who had a 5 Star "Lowline Legkick" and kicking speed faster than light. To make it even more devastating, he got 2 Perks helping to power up his legkicks. Even though he was only spamming them I was not able to find a defence/counter strategy: Takedowns were getting stopped by them, jabs didn't reach him. I was trying body spinning kicks, which hit him sometimes, but I had to eat 3-4 legkicks for it. Blocking low just hurts my legs a bit less and his ones, too, but nowhere near regions to damage his legs by checking them (which should happen IMO), the parry throws me back too much. I was getting knocked down a lot, but he never jumped on me. Just spammed more legkicks against me on the ground. I felt a bit like a kicking pad to earn him coins. like getting a serios beating in real life
What am I supposed to do against these kind of legkick spammers?

I would suppose to actually change the parry/block animations on legkicks, so a parry will check legkicks and hurt the opponent.

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 04-24-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #67
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Spam backdash every time he kicks, it's annoying as all get.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Spam backdash every time he kicks, it's annoying as all get.
You are talking about pressing L1 and flick left stick away from opponent? How am I supposed to beat him with it?
Old 04-24-2016, 10:49 PM   #69
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Nah, just flick left stick. I don't know if fighter movement stats come into play but someone that hits backdash as soon as you start the strike can be very hard to hit. There are a few dudes online that do it and it's difficult to hit them, seems impossible at times.

I hate this tactic by the way, but it works against me.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #70
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

remember it does use his stamina to do those kicks. I have run into a few people and it isn't that hard to beat, it just depends on your ground and grappling skill.

sit back enough that you can just walk back to avoid the kicks in time. the spacing is key. keep baiting them into throwing those kicks then dash forward when his stamina is halfway or lower. if you take a kick the power won't hurt you. from here clinch him and take him to the ground. even if your guy isn't good on the ground, do it anyways to keep his stamina down. when he gets up, walk him down and clinch again.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #71
Just started!

Is there a way to block submission attempts? It sucks when you spend half the round fighting weak submissions while your opponent wins the round for "control".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartcake
Is there a way to block submission attempts? It sucks when you spend half the round fighting weak submissions while your opponent wins the round for "control".
Yes. You deny (R2 + direction on right Stick) submissions in the same direction they are attempted. luckily, a lot of them are having the same telling animations than equivalent transition in that direction. You have to learn the other directions, submissions are attempted. There is always a tell in the animation, but can get tricky at times though

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »