Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #49
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration

So much idiocy in this thread. It's not about 'pissing off Christians' or any other ridiculous statement like that.

Think if it was you who this happened to. You would be the first ones to complain.

Khabib also has the right to complain.

Stop the Muslim-bashing, stop the narrow-mindedness and have a bit of respect for others and their cultures.

Well done to EA for seeing to this promptly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #50
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
So much idiocy in this thread. It's not about 'pissing off Christians' or any other ridiculous statement like that.

Think if it was you who this happened to. You would be the first ones to complain.

Khabib also has the right to complain.

Stop the Muslim-bashing, stop the narrow-mindedness and have a bit of respect for others and their cultures.

Well done to EA for seeing to this promptly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I've gotten pretty used to the "EA sucks" kind of reaction to pretty much anything we do, but reading the negativity towards this fix is truly depressing.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #51
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
All of you who care not to see religious symbolism...you may not wanna play with or against Jon Jones lol. Bet you won't stop playing with him tho lol. I'm thinking EA and 2k need not put Steph Curry's UA shoes in the game either. May offend people to see that...smh! We could sit here all day long and talk about the different "symbolism" in this and other EA games. If everybody complained you would have to strip the entire game down. So, if a Christian MMA fighter(if there are any) complains that EA took out the Christian celebration, will they put it back in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #52
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
All of you who care not to see religious symbolism...you may not wanna play with or against Jon Jones lol. Bet you won't stop playing with him tho lol. I'm thinking EA and 2k need not put Steph Curry's UA shoes in the game either. May offend people to see that...smh! We could sit here all day long and talk about the different "symbolism" in this and other EA games. If everybody complained you would have to strip the entire game down. So, if a Christian MMA fighter(if there are any) complains that EA took out the Christian celebration, will they put it back in?

I didn't know Steph Curry's shoes were a symbol of religion.

If a Christian complained not they wouldn't put it back in so that non Christians could randomly get the celebration. If a Christian asked to assign that celebration to them, EA would add it in.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 0

There's like 3 or 4 different animations you can put on your fighter where they make the cross anyway, removing one that wasn't even that great is NOT an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »