Home

Guide to blocking ground transitions

This is a discussion on Guide to blocking ground transitions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:33 PM   #33
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Guide to blocking ground transitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Sorry, not yet. Was busy with...well you can probably guess.

Should get started on it soon though.
Cool man i understand appretiate your hard work and thanks for the reply well done on the game by the way awsome job am loving it
Old 05-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #34
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: Guide to blocking ground transitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If you are are just using standard video capture built into the consoles what about using the community for help to knock it out quick and have videos on YouTube?
It's way less work for me to do it, because I can automate the playback of all the transitions. Just a bit more work than I expected on that end, but still way easier for me to code it up than to do it brute force.

I'll release it without any editing or anything, just raw transition footage showing everything in a logical kind of order.

The community can then take that raw video footage and spice it up however they like maybe?

I'm getting close to being done. Hopefully today or Monday.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #35
Rookie

I have a hard time reading animations in over under and double under as well as the clinch in general in the cage so if those animations are included, that would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
The hardest thing so far has been getting the single collar transition defense into my head. I went into practice mode and tried to figure out the logic for almost and hour, and I still have no rubric that makes sense to me.

It's sort of like dribbling and post moves in NBA 2K that change with the reference point and its based on the controls being "Absolute" to the rim or "Relative" to the player. This game seems to do both at the same time...in different situations.

I went into practice mode and tried...
"Press back if they move towards you, press forward if they move away, like you would do on the ground..." that doesn't work.

"If the 'front' hand moves do one thing, if the back hand moves do another"...nope.

"Thai clinch is always right, over-under always left"....nope.

In the end I think I settled on Thai clinch always being the right hand transition, and over-under always being left hand....? but not even sure if that's right... because everything seems to switch when you are in over-under.... Basing the cue for a twitch reaction on figuring out what hand the other person is using at that exact second also seems impossible.

In the end I'll probably have to just memorize what the animation is and just hard lock in my brain how to stop it, instead of trying to figure out how the system works...which shouldn't be the case.
I think I read something about checking which of your feet is the lead one. And that can tell u which side to transition to in the clinch

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #37
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

The issue with grappling,is even the best(those who know every move and how to counter it and also know what direction their opponent is about to transition and also know how the momentum advantage works)can't get to properly time every transition block properly.

Reason being(at least for me) that the matchmaking of this game is terrible,4/10 games have a noticable,unpredictable lag/delay,combine that with the no more pre-emptive blocking and what you get is the ground game and parrying become broken half the time.

Don't get me wrong,pre-emptive blocking was an issue,but this thing where you have to time it,is not the solution.It's a good couch idea,that the developers tried out,but it seems as if they never went through the testing phase of actually trying it out with some sort of delay.They propably tested it out on their lan matches with one another and said,yep,i guess it works and went ahead and released it.

That's one of the reasons a lot of people are complaining about a bunch of stuff on this game.It's not just the wonky movement/animation and the requirement of combos to have stopping power.It's the fact that this game is too much concentrated on time-based decisions and it's not working with that terrible matchmaking system they have.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #38
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Here's the first batch. All SUB transitions that are denied to the LEFT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPE...ature=youtu.be

Useful?

It's a bit more manual than I wanted, so it will take a bit of time to do the rest.

Open to feedback at this point before I finish it off, and I will only go through them once.

Was thinking a different video for each direction, and each of DOM/SUB.

Sound good?

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #39
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

Quote:

Useful?

It's a bit more manual than I wanted, so it will take a bit of time to do the rest.

Open to feedback at this point before I finish it off, and I will only go through them once.

Sound good?

Thanks.
I never knew a few of those cage based transitions existed.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #40
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Icon14 Re: Guide to blocking ground transitions

Quote:

Useful?

Sound good?

Thanks.
hell yeah sounds awsome thanks for the help hey GPD any word on getting the rest of these done i know you are probably busy but would love if we could get the rest of these i think most of us would please thanks again

Last edited by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA; 06-14-2016 at 07:19 PM. Reason: still no response

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »