Home

Double confirmation vs Hidden fighter selection

This is a discussion on Double confirmation vs Hidden fighter selection within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want in ranked?
Double confirmation 25 92.59%
Hidden fighter selection 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2016, 04:41 AM   #1
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Double confirmation vs Hidden fighter selection

Lets do this again without trolls etc..

What do you prefer??

For those who don't know what double confirmation is, it is the screen you get when you are in a rivalries or unranked match where you can both see each others fighter selections.

Last edited by Thetruth9012; 04-21-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Double confirmation vs Hidden fighter selection

Double confirmation would be nice. I would like to explore the roster in ranked but it's tough knowing your opponent will always be the best fighter in the division. At least this way we could choose a mid level fighter and change up if they still want a top guy.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Double confirmation is much better. Even if it leads to some people quitting out when they can't come to an 'agreement' on fighters it lets you try using more fighters on the roster. DC is why I only play unranked right now. I try to pick a guy in the mid 80s then if my opponent picks someone in the same neighborhood we're good, if he picks someone at the upper end I switch to someone around the same as him. It works great 99% of the time.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

I think the same if you want to be competetive online you need to choose champs or guys 90+, so many fighters are skipped because of this.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #5
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Double confirmation would be nice but it will still be the same fighters getting picked. So instead of going into a LHW fight thinking "I'm gonna be fighting John Jones", this way I'll know for sure.

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #6
Banned

No double confirmation if it gives people any means of cherrypicking, or in any ways hurts the current fluidity of match-making.

Undisputed 3, as great as it was, had a double confirmation that almost always resulted in someone readying up with an OP fighter, then when you picked someone who would be q challenge for them, they backed out.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #7
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

I'm thinking of

After you find a opponent you can see who is he choosing and vice versa you have 1 min to pick a fighter and you cant quit.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
No double confirmation if it gives people any means of cherrypicking, or in any ways hurts the current fluidity of match-making.

Undisputed 3, as great as it was, had a double confirmation that almost always resulted in someone readying up with an OP fighter, then when you picked someone who would be q challenge for them, they backed out.
You can't back out, so the cherrypicking can't happen. I voted for double, but don't think it would change much. People will still pick top. It would be great to mirror match these guys though to tell them, "Hey, you want to use top, I'm going to as well." That would likely help solve it if they were always getting mirror matches. The best solution IMO is to just select a fighter from each division that can't be chosen by either side. This is exactly why I pretty much only play UT and quick match. Ranked got old quick. Even with the amount of divisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »