Home

What will be the next changes made in the striking?

This is a discussion on What will be the next changes made in the striking? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Rookie

honorandgrit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What will be the next changes made in the striking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcherx
Wat?

The parry is perfect right now.
Nah.
Parry should not be still a effective counter.
It should be simply be used to get deflect strikes and if you get a counter then Yay.
Head Movement and footwork should be the best counter.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #18
Banned

Ecliptiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yeah, the build the GC's got to play was an early implementation of the strike intercept stuff.

As for what's coming next, that's the subject of the next round of patch spoilers, which I'm not ready to start talking about quite yet.

As for what's after that? TBD based on feedback and internal priorities.

I will say the next round of changes are not as dramatic as the last.
When will you guys be able to work on the AI because I'm kind of ashamed to admit it....but I sometimes find myself going back to EA UFC 1 because the AI was challenging. I wasn't able to finish off the AI Whenever I wanted to like I can do in EA UFC 2.

I know its not realistic, but you guys should up the amount of shots the AI can take. It makes it Alot more better and challenging....and you can make it feel like a real fight unlike EA UFC 2 where just a 1-2 and uppercut combo wobbles them or that I could easily land a 1-2 and a kick to the head and finish them with a couple of punches or elbows....

Please consider this

oorrr

You could keep the AI's chin the way it is and make the AI way more aggresive while managing its stamina.

Please consider this GPD.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #19
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptiz
When will you guys be able to work on the AI because I'm kind of ashamed to admit it....but I sometimes find myself going back to EA UFC 1 because the AI was challenging. I wasn't able to finish off the AI Whenever I wanted to like I can do in EA UFC 2.

I know its not realistic, but you guys should up the amount of shots the AI can take. It makes it Alot more better and challenging....and you can make it feel like a real fight unlike EA UFC 2 where just a 1-2 and uppercut combo wobbles them or that I could easily land a 1-2 and a kick to the head and finish them with a couple of punches or elbows....

Please consider this

oorrr

You could keep the AI's chin the way it is and make the AI way more aggresive while managing its stamina.

Please consider this GPD.
Last year vs ai was a spam fest nobody wants that.Devs needs to improve cpu stamina managing, defense and power.

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

Last edited by Thetruth9012; 04-21-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Last year vs ai was a spam fest nobody wants that.Devs needs to improve cpu stamina managing, defense and power.
At this point I would take last year's spamfest AI. At least it could win sometimes.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #21
Rookie

I hope they do something about the "run away and throw nothing but straight-bodykick" combos the whole time this seems to be a new thing for "good" players to abuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 02:22 AM   #22
Banned

The game is broke. I'll dominate for 3 rounds on the feet then get subbed or TKO'd in 2 seconds on the ground. I'm not bad at defending myself either its just too easy. Clinch and Ground game are OP compared to stand up, and stand up is inconsistent, I can rock a guy 15 times one match and have him recover, and then "finish the fight" first time I rock another guy.

Ive seen plenty of phantom strikes land and even stun or KO. All anyone does anymore is try to spam jabs/straights. No one fights like its a real fight, and when they start losing, they go for prayer flying sub attemps, clinch, TD, and usually win the fight because they're on top.

Arm traps don't work as intended. All around this game is just a battle of cheese. Who can run away when they're hurt. Who can clinch or TD first. Who can sub just by obviously going for one randomly with no real set up.

Spamming subs is easy with perks. Everything is just spam and cheese and exploiting a broken game mechanic. There's no real fights and even when there is the moment someone starts losing they go straight for the cheese and get it almost every time. Its a sad excuse for a simulation, a game.

And sadly I bought XBOX ONE specifically for this game.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

There needs to be a few changes, and the main one for me has to be stamina tax on spinning stuff, and fighters throwing so many punches and not losing stamina at all.

Also the jab needs a buff to me and combos to the body
(1-2) need to stop lunging you foward and being so powerfull.

One last thing with striking, I really would like to see some of the hit stuns toned down a lot, more so the body kicks that send you into a hit stun loop over and over.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:15 AM   #24
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

I like Boiler's points 2, 3, 4 and 5. Stand up damage should increase and combo multiplier toned down to just compensate for stamina loss on each strike in a combo.
Otherwise it would introduce a penalty for throwing combos, and that would be super silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »