Home

This is why back seat is broken.

This is a discussion on This is why back seat is broken. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 01:23 AM   #17
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is why back seat is broken.

Isn't that a high level transition, yet nearly everyone including Tyson has it?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:11 AM   #18
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Isn't that a high level transition, yet nearly everyone including Tyson has it?
Tyson in some ppls hands are ground killers. lol

something is off with that.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #19
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Thumbs down Re: This is why back seat is broken.

With the latency in this game and having to predict which way they will transition makes it so i won't be able to block it basically giving them a free take of my back.

Even fake transitions don't work as you can see in the video the guy blocked my fake transitions building up his GA advantage even more!

The more and more this ground game is played it becomes obvious that the offensive player has all the advantage especially if you are using a lesser fighter.

Being able to block fake transitions is flawed enough as it is but GAINING grapple advantage for blocking a transition teh Faking fighter was never fully committed to in the first place is even worse.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #20
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
With the latency in this game and having to predict which way they will transition makes it so i won't be able to block it basically giving them a free take of my back.

Even fake transitions don't work as you can see in the video the guy blocked my fake transitions building up his GA advantage even more!

The more and more this ground game is played it becomes obvious that the offensive player has all the advantage especially if you are using a lesser fighter.

Being able to block fake transitions is flawed enough as it is but GAINING grapple advantage for blocking a transition teh Faking fighter was never fully committed to in the first place is even worse.
Don't give up your back then... it takes ALOT to get into that sitting position. The way I generally do it is to get into side control and wait till my opponent goes into the sprawl. Then transition to back mount, then wait for my opponent to either stand and let him stand or wait for him to transition so I can transition as well to take his back directly into the sitting position.

It's alot of relying on your opponent to do certain things to get there. You can also do it via clinching in the standup, but it takes a fair bit of stamina and transition blocking from the over/under and double under positions, both of which are hard to read the tells for transitioning.

In other words, just dont get put into this position in the first place.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #21
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
Don't give up your back then... it takes ALOT to get into that sitting position. The way I generally do it is to get into side control and wait till my opponent goes into the sprawl. Then transition to back mount, then wait for my opponent to either stand and let him stand or wait for him to transition so I can transition as well to take his back directly into the sitting position.

It's alot of relying on your opponent to do certain things to get there. You can also do it via clinching in the standup, but it takes a fair bit of stamina and transition blocking from the over/under and double under positions, both of which are hard to read the tells for transitioning.

In other words, just dont get put into this position in the first place.
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Point is you should have more then 2 options to escape.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #22
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Point is you should have more then 2 options to escape.
No you shouldn't. In real life, you really only have one option to escape when in that position. At least in the game, there are two ways to achieve that option.

In any event, it wouldn't matter. If someone can hold you in that seating position when you have two options of escape, they can hold you there with three as well.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

If they do leave it then they need to build up GA way faster for the fighter stuck in the seated body lock. Also fix the Fake spam if your gunna get GA way faster.

That's the best idea I can give.

I like the spot the way it is now anyways, just needs a small tweak.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #24
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
No you shouldn't. In real life, you really only have one option to escape when in that position. At least in the game, there are two ways to achieve that option.

In any event, it wouldn't matter. If someone can hold you in that seating position when you have two options of escape, they can hold you there with three as well.
Ugh, no they can't. 3 positions is way harder to hold then 2. I am starting to think you use this position for cheap wins.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »