Home

There needs to be a lower OVR cap on UT

This is a discussion on There needs to be a lower OVR cap on UT within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #25
Rookie

Notorious8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: There needs to be a lower OVR cap on UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
99 Standup and 98 OVR are two COMPLETELY different things.

I am sure the guy with the 98 OVR spent a LOT of money and deleted a character MANY times before that loophole was corrected.

Oh well, he wins at UFC 2 UT, he can put that on his resume.
I didn't notice a 98 OVR on that picture posted here? i only see 100 STU. I know the diffrence between stand up and a overall rating. No need to be the wiseguy here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 06:58 PM   #26
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Is there any OVR cap? I don't think there is. The ca is on Fighter Level, which considers only the move cards. So, as long as you get enough attribute cards, you can get to 100 OVR.

I think this design was flawed. In a low level, it's not much of a problem, but with intense farming, made esier by the deletion exploit; or by simply paying real money, the lack of an actual cap in OVR was really really bad. I hope at least they're cashing in lots of money from players who are insisting in buying many caps to get the attribute cards. Such money should help making a better UT, if there is a next game.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #27
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Is there any OVR cap? I don't think there is. The ca is on Fighter Level, which considers only the move cards. So, as long as you get enough attribute cards, you can get to 100 OVR.

I think this design was flawed. In a low level, it's not much of a problem, but with intense farming, made esier by the deletion exploit; or by simply paying real money, the lack of an actual cap in OVR was really really bad. I hope at least they're cashing in lots of money from players who are insisting in buying many caps to get the attribute cards. Such money should help making a better UT, if there is a next game.
If ppl are spending $180 in UT, then you know they are cashing in. UT is just a cash grab in all ea games.

Everytime I think about someone spending $180 on Fake trading cards I just shake my head...
Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
If ppl are spending $180 in UT, then you know they are cashing in. UT is just a cash grab in all ea games.

Everytime I think about someone spending $180 on Fake trading cards I just shake my head...
I agree with you ... I'd never spend money on the micro transactions cause of the feeling it would give me ...

but lets play devils advocate here....

I've spent literal days playing these matches ( and having lots of fun!) . However €180 would be about what like 5 or 6 hours work ?
If you've got the money and want to compete with the big boys who've grinded the cards then let them. Like I'd easily spend 180 on a night out and have no memory or lasting thing from it . If i spent it on UT I'd at least be able to enjoy my gaming time more by having a more complete character
Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
I agree with you ... I'd never spend money on the micro transactions cause of the feeling it would give me ...

but lets play devils advocate here....

I've spent literal days playing these matches ( and having lots of fun!) . However €180 would be about what like 5 or 6 hours work ?
If you've got the money and want to compete with the big boys who've grinded the cards then let them. Like I'd easily spend 180 on a night out and have no memory or lasting thing from it . If i spent it on UT I'd at least be able to enjoy my gaming time more by having a more complete character
Really disagree. I hear that lame "I spend X Money drinking... its better invested in micro transition at X game" excuse all the time.

Let me be the devils advocate: You should not compare spending money on bad things to spending money on worse things. You can't even compare it to having an expensive dinner Which may be eaten in one hour. In reality, if you spend that 180 bucks for drinking, you'll do it, no matter how much you invested in micro payments.
But if you want to compare things, lets compare 180$ to the joy of buying another 3 AAA titles. How does it compare?
Maybe its just me, but I couldn't even enjoy winning, if I would spend money to win. By the way, whats 180 bucks? Last week I watched a UFC2 UT stream on Twitch out of boredom. As I saw the player had over 3500 cards i asked him, how much he spend. The answer was, he's not shure, but more than 1000$

The only good thing is, that you can at least keep the cards. You don't have to lend a (random color here) Messi for 10 Games for 100 bucks. And I agree, just let them pump up EA with their money. They don't seem to need it, and it will shurely help, to make the next UFC more great (not saying it isn't already post patch).

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 04-26-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
But if you want to compare things, lets compare 180$ to the joy of buying another 3 AAA titles. How does it compare?
Very good points , this one particularly hit home because I'd much rather buy the likes of witcher 3 for 60 quid than every spend money on micro stuff.\\

And yeah I know it's pretty and childish but when I win it's because i put the time in and developed my character , it gives me a naive sense of pride
Old 04-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
Very good points , this one particularly hit home because I'd much rather buy the likes of witcher 3 for 60 quid than every spend money on micro stuff.\\

And yeah I know it's pretty and childish but when I win it's because i put the time in and developed my character , it gives me a naive sense of pride
I think its not childish to feel pride in beeing good at a video game, if it is competitive. Only meant its lame to buy your wins. I feel best in this game, if I had a very close match, which I finally won due to more skill. Submitting people who know how to defend properly by draining their stamina is also satisfing

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 04-26-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »