Home

Love this game, especially post-patch

This is a discussion on Love this game, especially post-patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Love this game, especially post-patch

Just wanted to re-iterate how much this game has improved since UFC 1; hell, the patch 1.05 itself (plus the tuner pack) brought this whole franchise to a new level!

Sure, lots of things to work on still, but I have had some *EPIC* fights the past couple weeks against legit fighters. Against trashy, spammy fighters --- I've laid some *EPIC* Beatdowns on guys who used to beat me somewhat often with their spinning garbage / MT spam / blah blah blah --- well --- not so much anymore

My Youtube archive is building up with some awesome fights I'm loving it. Keep up the good work EA. Can't wait to see what patch 1.06 has in store ---

#PATCHSPOILERS this week??? I know I know don't get greedy Boiler!!!

:box ing:
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Love this game, especially post-patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Just wanted to re-iterate how much this game has improved since UFC 1; hell, the patch 1.05 itself (plus the tuner pack) brought this whole franchise to a new level!

Sure, lots of things to work on still, but I have had some *EPIC* fights the past couple weeks against legit fighters. Against trashy, spammy fighters --- I've laid some *EPIC* Beatdowns on guys who used to beat me somewhat often with their spinning garbage / MT spam / blah blah blah --- well --- not so much anymore

My Youtube archive is building up with some awesome fights I'm loving it. Keep up the good work EA. Can't wait to see what patch 1.06 has in store ---

#PATCHSPOILERS this week??? I know I know don't get greedy Boiler!!!

:box ing:

I've been in love as well lol...before I would get about 6 losses in about 8 hrs of playing now it went down to 1 or 0.

I always remember you from the Fight Night community so it's always good to see a fellow veteran FightNighter do good on this game.

However do you have any grappling tips for guys that lag you in order to see where you are transitioning so they can deny it over and over and end you.

This happens to me on SC and Crucifix no matter if I deny, mix up my timing, whatever I try they deny me and fakes do not seem to work.

Also on backseat position, some evil cheesers hold me down for entire rounds just hugging my back and denying, fakes do no seem to work since they are so slow and there is only two sides to go.

This is the only aspect that to me feels broken on my hands since I do not know what to do against it.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Good post Boiler. I too am a FNC veteran, and I too love this game post patch. Made a thread on the last boards saying as much! Glad you made this thread dude...the game is amazing.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

hell yea we Fight Night guys gotta stick together lol now we just gotta get Total Strike Control back into this franchise, face buttons for striking are so 20th century

re: Ground tips --- If you are in crucifix it can be a rough road...be patient...if you can time it up, you can get a 'hip bump' by flicking R Stick in the direction of the strike. That will automatically put you into side control (bypassing side saddle)

But be careful not to lose too much stamina...if you miss a transition in crucifix, try again, have it denied a second time....you're in deep **** lol

usually your best bet in crucifix is to sit there and wait til they try striking, then go for hip bump and/or transition to side saddle. Of course, best option is never to get into that position in first place hahaha

Not sure what to say with regard to lag and the ground game :/ the ground game is a lot tougher when there's lag that's for sure. Are you saying that people try to lag you out while in these positions? Like a lag switch type thing?

I've definitely had a few ppl hold me in back mount for minutes at a time. Lame. Again be patient and try to mix it up. But at some point, especially against someone with high ground stats, you might be stuck there all round. Lame I know but it is what it is. Just survive til the next round I guess lol luckily I've only had a couple lamers do this to me --- hopefully they'll add another escape option to back mount at some point?
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
hell yea we Fight Night guys gotta stick together lol now we just gotta get Total Strike Control back into this franchise, face buttons for striking are so 20th century

re: Ground tips --- If you are in crucifix it can be a rough road...be patient...if you can time it up, you can get a 'hip bump' by flicking R Stick in the direction of the strike. That will automatically put you into side control (bypassing side saddle)

But be careful not to lose too much stamina...if you miss a transition in crucifix, try again, have it denied a second time....you're in deep **** lol

usually your best bet in crucifix is to sit there and wait til they try striking, then go for hip bump and/or transition to side saddle. Of course, best option is never to get into that position in first place hahaha

Not sure what to say with regard to lag and the ground game :/ the ground game is a lot tougher when there's lag that's for sure. Are you saying that people try to lag you out while in these positions? Like a lag switch type thing?

I've definitely had a few ppl hold me in back mount for minutes at a time. Lame. Again be patient and try to mix it up. But at some point, especially against someone with high ground stats, you might be stuck there all round. Lame I know but it is what it is. Just survive til the next round I guess lol luckily I've only had a couple lamers do this to me --- hopefully they'll add another escape option to back mount at some point?
Thank you so much for the fast response and the great tips.

Hell yea you are right, my mastery of TPC got lost for some time now, but like head movement if it makes a comeback it is like riding a bycicle you just never forget and will punishing all these spamming with my beloved TPC skills.

Also what's your PSN man, would love to run some fights over the weekend so we can absorb and learn from each other.

Edit: When I mean that they lag me in a certain position, is that they noticed they can not deal with my stand up so they clinch me, while on the clinch they just stall and wait for me to throw a strike or transition even if I don't move there is a glitch that they activate their lagswitch and the fighters would quickly twitch from the lag spike using this as a fake to make you deny a certain way so then they can shoot a TD when you already missed the window.

Also for example if they are on a bottom position they would just sit there repeat the same process of a little lag spike making both stalling fighters twitch for a split second making you flick the stick as a reflexive response so they can take advantage and reverse or deny you depending on the mistake you made.

You been a great voice for this community as well, and I know you spend plenty of hours of competitive gameplay so please look into it.

Once again, I notice from a massive lag spike during the stand up what their intentions are. I confirm it by getting into the clinch and staying idle which he does as well then both fighters twitch from the lag spike.

I deny prematurely from the lag twitch so he takes the advantage to take me down. Once we're on the ground I just dont move or anything just wait to deny his transition, so again he does not move or strike just uses the lag spike to create the twitch(aka lagswitch ground fake) and finish me on the ground by either denying or seeing everything that I'm doing behind this dirty little glitch.

Last edited by FightNightKing16; 04-26-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: forgot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Boiler, just left you the details of using the lagswitch as a ground fake, on the post I edited above.

Pass all of this info to GPD or someone that can voice this concern.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

For sure hit me up on PSN and we can spar --- PSN: Boiler569

I think I know what you're talking about re: Lag but sometimes it's hard to turn words into visuals (and vice versa lol)

Do you think they are intentionally trying to lag you out (??)

I've had my suspicions against a couple people who seem to lag at the PERFECT time...but thought I was just being a conspiracy theorist lol

I honestly have no idea how to prevent this type of lag / lag switching --- even if it's intentional --- I guess I always just chalk it up to my opponent having a ****** internet connection lol

Sorry I can't help much more there :/ but we can definitely spar soon and can focus on some ground game if you want (although I bet we'd have a helluva slugfest standing haha)
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #8
Banned

Total CO-sign from me.

Even before the patch... this game was awesome man. I am so thankful for this experience.

I have been rooting for this game since I first laid hands on it. I am not blind to the fact that there are a FEW issues.... however....

THIS IS A CLASSIC (JUST LIKE FNC)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »