Home

Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

This is a discussion on Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #73
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
The feedback I want to give can't be fixed with a patch. It's gonna take a new game.
That is fine though. They need that feedback too. They will start making the new game soon. They probably are already in the planning stages. They need this kind of feedback early. It is never too early to start giving feedback for the next game.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #74
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
I've been around for ALL of the MMA games.

And I'm just fine getting "GSP'd" as long as it's realistic. I don't have a problem if someone beats me in a video game. Lol

I only have issues if the loss isn't legitimate.

And it's not about "transitions taking time", I know what grappling is like, do it all the time, it's when there's exploits taking place that people can do with ease that's what I don't like.

It's not realistic if someone stuffs my takedown and I have to watch my fighter play out a slow animation where the character on screen is slowly about to land in Sprawl bottom position and I can literally put my controller down as the animation plays out and my stamina drops to nearly nothing after ONE stuffed takedown.

Another thing, it's not realistic when I go to flick in one direction to fake a transition but my bar begins to fill about a quarter of the way even though I didn't even hold the direction, I did a flick to fake it but I get swept? Also the fact that there's only TWO options in the seatbelt defensive position. When in real life there's actually more ways to escape from that position. Hence when someone gets you there they only have to worry about blocking two directions and can literally hold you there for an entire round.

Also why does my temporary stamina drain when someone is landing baby taps to my head in closed guard, closed half guard and closed mount?

Why can I not stall a transition, THEN chose to finish the transition or fake and go the other direction.

On EA UFC 2 it's flick to fake or hold it to transition, but if I hold it then let go mid bar fill up I can still get reversed and swept? How? I only put my hand on your hip, but the game makes me get swept even when I didn't wanna complete the animation.

Also people complain about UFC U3 and "stick hugging". Well actually that's REALISTIC it's called Lay n Pray. I don't lay n pray on the games but it is realistic compared to real grappling.

UFC Undisputed 3: You want to Lay n Pray with Clay Guida? Simple. Hold the stick in one direction.

[;]Real Life: Clay Guida just HOLDS onto you with a tight gable grip or S-Grip.

EA UFC 2: You have to roll a dice and "guess" the direction of the transition if you want to hold someone down.

Honestly that's not how grappling works. If you're in my guard all I have to do to keep you there is lock my legs. My legs are very strong but if I'm tired or you're a better grappler then you'll be able to pass my guard. Undisputed series made more sense in THAT ASPECT.

In real life I don't have to guess the direction you're trying to transition in order to block it. I can close my eyes while I'm rolling with someone. [/b]

I find myself paying more attention the the Fill Em Up Bar than I do the actual grappling animations and before someone says "turn them off", tried that, you NEED the bars on to be effective while grappling and that's not realistic.

My ideal MMA game is there shouldn't be ANY on screen indicators for ANYTHING.

I can play Fight Night Champion without the hud and I can play UFC U3 without the hud because both of those games had better visual cues/tells of how hurt someone is or how gassed someone is.

This is why EA Sports UFC 2 is arcadey because you have to rely on a crutch with on screen cues and visuals to play the game.

Again, you dont just simply hold someone. Dont know how far along you are with grappling but in order to shut down an opponent from doing a move, you need to know what to do to counter it. Simply "holding" and elite grapplers will not work in most cases. This is why multiple direction denials > stick hug.

The reversal happens off of a fake because you did not perfect swoop(because you faked). The perfect swoop simulates being calm and efficient when rolling as opposed to spazzing out on the stick.

The consequence of this is that any transition that is not a perfect swoop can be reversed, including fakes. And since fakes have the exact same tell as an actual transition with a much smaller denial window, they need to be punishable. There are already unpunishable fakes in game right now. The sprawk fake from side control makes SC pretty useless at the moment. Do you want every position to play out like that?
Old 05-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
You are painting us with too broad of a brush. Personally I have not complained about any of those things yet you are labelling me as if i had. This is exactly the problem with this community in particular. We are told not to be negative, then we are told that GameChangers were not writing glowing reviews of the game. Instead, they too were being negative yet received feedback from the devs. We want the same thing yet it feels like just because we came from the EA Forums, we are some kind of outcasts that have to "prove" we belong here. The fact is we are paying customers and have the right to express our opinions whether they are popular or not. It just seems like EA doesn't want to hear it. The GameChangers were their way of shutting most people up.
First of all no one said you can't be negative. Its called CONSTRUCTIVE posts, Let me show you a couple which I have written on EA products. I absolutely hate when the louder than normal people think just because you don't scream the sky is falling that you must be paid off by EA. Its absurd and lacks maturity to look at everything objectively and discuss it like an adult. I say that because I was a gamechanger(that wasn't the title at the time) and they didn't care for my review to much of Fight Night Champion, which I highlighted the sliders were broken before release day. So I wasn't "paid" to write a glowing review. Get your head out of that.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...real-life.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-respect.html

You can call it a broad stroke but its a simple fact which has happened here after the merge. Last thing I want to touch on is the "we are paying customers". I completely agree BUT that doesn't mean an entire forum needs to be clogged with nothing but the same 6 to 8 people just bitching nonstop. You can express your unhappiness and move on, but its does not need to be a day in and day out thing which clearly happens with the anti-ea fans.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-02-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
The feedback I want to give can't be fixed with a patch. It's gonna take a new game.
I think, you have to leave this franchise because of they won't be removed the new grapple HUD system as Fills up Bar in the next game. Do you think about they removed the HUD fills up bar in the next game? Why? just only you don't like it? They make it in almost 2 years. adapt it or leave.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #77
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, you have to leave this franchise because of they won't be removed the new grapple HUD system as Fills up Bar in the next game. Do you think about they removed the HUD fills up bar in the next game? Why? just only you don't like it? They make it in almost 2 years. adapt it or leave.

What!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
What!
sorry. i only meant about the HUD fill up bar.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #79
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
You are painting us with too broad of a brush. Personally I have not complained about any of those things yet you are labelling me as if i had. This is exactly the problem with this community in particular. We are told not to be negative, then we are told that GameChangers were not writing glowing reviews of the game. Instead, they too were being negative yet received feedback from the devs. We want the same thing yet it feels like just because we came from the EA Forums, we are some kind of outcasts that have to "prove" we belong here. The fact is we are paying customers and have the right to express our opinions whether they are popular or not. It just seems like EA doesn't want to hear it. The GameChangers were their way of shutting most people up.
It strange because most of the people that came over from the EA Forums arent having this problem. Ace, Fishing, Morgan, Find The Door, Gorgios are all names that I remember from the old forum and none of them are having a problem with that.

Also the fact that you paid 60 bucks doesnt give you the right to spout constant negative comments without any of it being constructive. At least not at OS.

You also have this thing where you only hear what you want to hear. No one said you cant be negative. You just have to be constructive when you are negative.

There is an example right in this thread. Ant just posted a long post about his issues with the game. It was well written and easy to undertand. I agree with most of it. It was negative in tone but it was constructive criticism.

Now his original posts and a few from a few days ago was the opposite of that. Just EA and EA UFC bashing without a well thought out argument. We dont want that here.

Actually now that I think about it....you do have to prove like you belong here. You have to be able to state your argument like an adult. At the old forums, you could post "EA Sucks...WTF is wrong with the devs" as much as you wanted with no ramifications.

At OS, you cant do that. If you think EA sucks and want to say it, you need to state why the suck and be prepared to defend your statement. If thats too much for you, there are plenty of other places to discuss the game (Facebook, Reddit).
Old 05-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #80
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
The meter is just a visual cue. They could leave it out, and it still be under the hood and no one would know the difference. The speed of your transitions are based on stats and stamina. Sure, a guy with lower stamina could likely still transition, but it will still be slower if they are gassed. I think the meter is basically only for letting you know when the right time to end your swoop is. Also a good tool for gauging your speed when gassed or lower on stamina. The transition timing is just different. Which was needed for independent grappling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »