Home

Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

This is a discussion on Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #25
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
Why is it that on EA UFC 2 there's no struggling when shooting for a takedown?
So we shoukd have to break our controllers spinning a stick around to emulate "struggling for a takedown"?

It's just deny. OR. Complete the takedown.

You can't stuff a takedown then choose to uppercut or go to sprawl or anything of the sort. Wasnt this feature only included in the 3rd installation?

Also why can't you shoot a takedown near the cage then drive your opponent backwards into the cage? This one too?

Where's the seated position against the cage? [Color="red] Also this one?Im starting to see a pattern here. UFC UD 3 had some of these details but they also had much more development time. If UFC3 doesnt include many of these things then you have room to talk, then again EA UFC2 has many things that UD series didnt have so...[/color]

Why can't you move around while in the guard or mount? [Color="red] This is something Id like to see but low priority when compared to the rest of grappling system being reworked for UFC2, so this ommision is understandable.[/color]

How about pushing and pulling while striking in the clinch? Do you remember how choppy the clinch movement looked? It looked REALLY bad. My guess is that they didnt mocap knees and other strikes in clinch while moving in all different directions. Instead they just allowed the strikes to happen and interupt the movements, which resulted in making the clinch look choppy.

Oh wait on EA UFC 2 you have to stop moving, strike, then begin moving again with the slowest clinch work I've ever seen. Lol

How come checking kicks doesn't mean nothing? Check enough kicks in Undisputed and you can injure the opponent.[color="red] Checking leg kicks does do counter damage in UFC2[/color]

Also, leg kicks mean jack on EA UFC 2. Leg kicks were very powerful in the beta, but people complained so they were toned down

Why do jumping side kicks to the body stretch across the whole octagon? Good question.

Why can't you block in side control? BIG LOL. There are serveral tactics fighters use from top side control to stop an opponent from blocking elbows. Such as trapping their arm in between the armpit and thigh.

So you're telling me that I can't get my hands to my face to block baby strikes in side control in real life? Ha [color="red"] try blocking JBJs elbows and SC and let me know how that goes.

Also why does my stamina take forever to regenerate when I'm postured up in MOUNT? Posture down to regen stamina faster.

Who's bright idea was it to make your stamina not regenrate because you blocked a couple strikes? Have you ever sparred or fought before? Blocking strikes isnt a walk in the park and it can be rather fatiguing.

I can go on....and on....and on....
I could make a large list of everything unrealistic about Undisputed series as well.

The fact is that UFC2 is a MUCH better game than UFC2010, which is both companies 2nd try at a UFC game.

When/If EA UFC 3 comes out, compare freely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 07:44 AM   #26
Rookie

I actually don't like the bar either. I thought it would grow on me but it hasn't. It doesn't feel natural.

I feel like I spend half my time looking at that bar. That being said i'm not willing to write it off yet. Does anyone have it turned off during online matches?

It's an assist so maybe I need to turn it off and just drill quick matches until everything becomes natural.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #27
MVP

IMO, The new grappling system with Fills up Bar has more merits over the only quarter-circle transition system. I know that why some ppl hated it because it feels unnatural that always show up on the screen. but This is a just game, not real. We want realistic gameplay but it never ever can be real. There are a lot of the ground animations in this game compare with before, How to make diversity of the ground game using only quarter-circle transition system? It's very limited. So, The grapple HUD system is indispensable and is very far ahead in this sense, even if It feels fun or not.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:32 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
IMO, The new grappling system with Fills up Bar has more merits over the only quarter-circle transition system. I know that why some ppl hated it because it feels unnatural that always show up on the screen. but This is a just game, not real. We want realistic gameplay but it never ever can be real. There are a lot of the ground animations in this game compare with before, How to make diversity of the ground game using only quarter-circle transition system? It's very limited. So, The grapple HUD system is indispensable and is very far ahead in this sense, even if It feels fun or not.
Good post. I'm sure they'll improve it as time goes on.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
I could make a large list of everything unrealistic about Undisputed series as well.

The fact is that UFC2 is a MUCH better game than UFC2010, which is both companies 2nd try at a UFC game.

When/If EA UFC 3 comes out, compare freely.
I've got YEARS of sparring under my belt and blocking strikes doesn't tire me out. If you're getting tired from blocking strikes....Lol
Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm done with this topic.

Just gotta settle with the fact that this is EA Sports, a company KNOWN for gimmicky sports games. They don't try to emulate sports gaming to represent their real life counterparts.

Had this been a game developed by Visual Concepts or the folks who make MLB the Show, then I wouldn't have to worry about the arcadey aspects that EA Sports UFC 2 has.

Oh and before someone says anything about Don King's: Prizefighter boxing game, that game was trash and it was developed by Venom Games and only PUBLISHED by 2K Sports, so Visual Concepts had nothing to do with the development of that poor excuse of a boxing game.

Last edited by Ant from HellCounty; 05-01-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #31
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalboa
bro admit this game is clunky non responsive and just plain random

at least the old game responded to your inputs. and FNC well i have to say no more about fight night it spoke for itself.

actually fight night is what makes this game look so bad. that was perfection. this is like 50 steps backwards
He plays on XB1. The game feels different there. My transitions work fine almost every time on XB1. The only reason I play it more on PS4 is the larger player base means less time waiting in Ultimate Team. They have got to figure out why the transitions are so slow to even pop up in certain areas like full guard, and the meter not filling and you having to reset the joystick.

The ground game and system they came up with is far superior to any we have had so far. The best ground game I've played. (Other than the transitions not starting a lot of times on PS4.) UFC Undisputed you could sit on block. Made the ground game a transition fest just to move since you had to transition 3 times quickly to be able to break that block you could hold. Hard to see how people think that was better. That basically gave you 3 times to get a reversal. Don't even get me started on the reversals for that game. You could flick over and over again to get one. If you timed it right, you didn't even lose stamina.

Undisputed 4 would have been nothing like its predecessors. They got rid of Yukes and were going to make it on their own. So we have no clue how it would have been since they were basically going to have to start over because the engine was Yukes'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #32
Rookie

info0's Arena

To all saying you can disable Grappling HUD, yes, you can do it, but the game mechanics doesn't change underneath it. You still have to wait for transition to finish loading. It's just that you don't see those fill up bars...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »