Home

Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

This is a discussion on Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Arcade Grappling Fill-Em Up Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
To all saying you can disable Grappling HUD, yes, you can do it, but the game mechanics doesn't change underneath it. You still have to wait for transition to finish loading. It's just that you don't see those fill up bars...
But isnt that realistic?

In real grappling, you have to work to transition in most cases. Its not instant. All the grappling bars are giving you is a visual representation of how long it takes for someone to transition to the next position. Maybe there is a better way to show that (through animations showing the struggle) but the principle is still the same.

UFC3 wasnt realistic in that sense because there was no real build up to transition from move to move.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #34
Rookie

info0's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
But isnt that realistic?

In real grappling, you have to work to transition in most cases. Its not instant. All the grappling bars are giving you is a visual representation of how long it takes for someone to transition to the next position. Maybe there is a better way to show that (through animations showing the struggle) but the principle is still the same.

UFC3 wasnt realistic in that sense because there was no real build up to transition from move to move.
Different outcomes can be achieved. Ground game can take short time or v. long time. Depending on experience, body weight, height, arms reach, etc. It's definitely a struggle, but good one, speaking out of experience.

Yes, adding animations of struggle for position would solve quite a bit of issues imo. I just hate to see power bar filling up and my player doing nothing in that time...
Old 05-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #35
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

With lag and latency online, it makes the ground game sometimes not even work or respond to the input givin by the controller.

Even with lag in UFC 1 the ground game responded so much better.

Also trying to fake on the ground with lag is almost impossible and will lead to a lot of sweeps.

I'm going crazy with this issue!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #36
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
I've got YEARS of sparring under my belt and blocking strikes doesn't tire me out. If you're getting tired from blocking strikes....Lol
Apparently you dont spar with any heavy hitters. Getting your head jarred around, bracing yourself for impact, and moving your arms to block strikes accordingly can be fatiguing.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Apparently you dont spar with any heavy hitters. Getting your head jarred around, bracing yourself for impact, and moving your arms to block strikes accordingly can be fatiguing.
Plenty of heavy hitters at Wanderlei Silva's gym here in Las Vegas. Like I said, blocking a strike doesn't tire you out, what tires you out is the footwork, the grappling, defending yourself in the clinch, defending yourself from submissions and trying to transition and trying to submit someone is what causes fatigue, not blocking a few strikes.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #38
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
With lag and latency online, it makes the ground game sometimes not even work or respond to the input givin by the controller.

Even with lag in UFC 1 the ground game responded so much better.

Also trying to fake on the ground with lag is almost impossible and will lead to a lot of sweeps.

I'm going crazy with this issue!!!
Are you on PS4 perhaps? It seems Playstation 4 has this input latency issue, but Xbox One does not. It's driving me crazy that sometimes on ground I have to control reset and then it's too late as opponent transition ended or block registers some time later after you hit button. I also see this issue when striking, where it's not possible to break animation. For example click 2 times on jab fast, the fighter will do 1st jab, BUT you see that opponent gruard is up, you want to change input after 1st jab to do body hit, you cannot. The game registered 2 jabs first.

I can record what I mean with explanation as it's hard to do writing about it.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #39
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
Are you on PS4 perhaps? It seems Playstation 4 has this input latency issue, but Xbox One does not. It's driving me crazy that sometimes on ground I have to control reset and then it's too late as opponent transition ended or block registers some time later after you hit button. I also see this issue when striking, where it's not possible to break animation. For example click 2 times on jab fast, the fighter will do 1st jab, BUT you see that opponent gruard is up, you want to change input after 1st jab to do body hit, you cannot. The game registered 2 jabs first.

I can record what I mean with explanation as it's hard to do writing about it.
ya i play on ps4.

I played on X1 and it feels a lil better but for the most part it is all the user on this and how crappy there internet is.

Mine is top notch so I know it's not me.

298.7 is my speed today. FAST!!!

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-01-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
Plenty of heavy hitters at Wanderlei Silva's gym here in Las Vegas. Like I said, blocking a strike doesn't tire you out, what tires you out is the footwork, the grappling, defending yourself in the clinch, defending yourself from submissions and trying to transition and trying to submit someone is what causes fatigue, not blocking a few strikes.

Who said block A strike tires you out or even a "few" for that matter? That doesnt happen in game either. Your stamina just doesnt regen when getting your block struck. That is not the same thing as becoming dead tired from "blocking a few strikes" and that isn't even what I said so dont try twisting what I said. Im simply saying that blocking barrages of strikes can be fatiguing.

Fatiguing - weaken by repeated variations of stress.

I guess Im not seeing your problem here, you dont lose stamina for blocking strikes in game to my knowledge, you take arm damage and you just dont regen stamina when blocking. That is not the same as A strike making you tired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »