Home

Throw a jab=free strike or 2 from opponent the block is to fing slow

This is a discussion on Throw a jab=free strike or 2 from opponent the block is to fing slow within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Throw a jab=free strike or 2 from opponent the block is to fing slow

is it or not ridiculous u cant land a clean jab and block

instead clean jab strike, hit block = opponent get 2 free over hands and after the "way to long animations he may get a 3rd, 4th, who knows

the delayed game play especially the block just ruins this game.

the circle filling, the long pauses , lack of control of fighter

this is just a game of chance and plan ahead 2 secs

high low block ruined the game play, clinch is a joke (10 KOs out of 20 fights average)

and the most clunky game play and the animation start up is just sloppy

anyone know what the release date of UFC 3 is??

this game is ridiculous admit it fanboys. yes it has huge potential but this crappy game play just ruins the game

and why would one jab allow me to be completely unblocked (wheres my other hand just sitting there dead?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 02:18 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Throw a jab=free strike or 2 from opponent the block is to fing slow

Also why is the parry the most used defensive tactic in the game?

How is it possible to parry a jab (quickest strike in combat), then land a HOOK before I can block? Lol

The game is Tekken featuring Grappling.

Flying cage strikes.

TKO's from beating hammerfists down on someone's spine.

TKO's from punching a shoulder.

Clinch work is slow, stationary and unresponsive.

No one strike KO's.

Headmovement doesn't setup big counters (does in real life), parrying does (in EA Sports Life). Lol
Old 05-01-2016, 03:35 AM   #3
Rookie

I have to agree with a few things, since this new patch (which i kinda like) i noticed my fighter able to get frozen up into place usually when i trade in the pocket with someone. I can sway and avoid 3 of their 4 punch combo's. Get taged by one of them and then my fighter just stops being responsive, while eating a few more strikes before i can regain control again and then add in the horrid lag that plagues 70% of matches and it just kills all fun. I like how the jab can stun and intercept now but it still needs work. There are alot of modified flashy kicks that still can't be interrupted by straights, hooks, or even jabs. There's been several times i'll be laying in a good 3 piece combo to (I'll use JBJ for reference) 's face and at the same time he can get off a jumping scissor head kick while his face is getting tagged, and still land it and rock me with as little as 20% stamina..... it just needs work overall.....
Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
How is it possible to parry a jab (quickest strike in combat), then land a HOOK before I can block?
This is entirely possible to do in real life.

Clinch is definitely too slow though.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
This is entirely possible to do in real life.

Clinch is definitely too slow though.
Parry a jab then throw a REAR HOOK quicker than I can defend it? Lol ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
He has no real life experience it seems. I dare him to try it vs even amateur pro fighters.

I can assure you, it's quite an impossible task. Yes, you can parry jabs, but the basic combo is usually jab, jab, straight, jab jab jab straight, you see, throwing hooks/underhooks DOES take time, so you can block them.

This game is not catering for realism. If it did, stupid combos which work online, shouldn't work. You would be destroyed irl .
Old 05-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Absolutely. Parry the jab, opening up the guard for your counter attack (because a good parry will knock the opponents hand downward) step out to the opponents outside (to mitigate the opponents inevitable cross from the 1-2), pivot and throw your hook while doing so (setting up your body kick). It's even easier to do if you cross parry, but more risky because you leave yourself wide open for a rear hook (assuming orthodox stances).

It's even more fun when you throw a counter lead hook from the jab parry & land it when they've already got their rear hand up to block or while throwing their cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
He has no real life experience it seems. I dare him to try it vs even amateur pro fighters
I'm a current English WRSA Kickboxing champion. I've been training & competing in Kickboxing and Muay Thai for over 6 years. I have plenty of real life experience in competitive martial arts. I don't just try it, I do it.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 05-01-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Absolutely. Parry the jab, opening up the guard for your counter attack (because a good parry will knock the opponents hand downward) step out to the opponents outside (to mitigate the opponents inevitable cross from the 1-2), pivot and throw your hook while doing so (setting up your body kick). It's even easier to do if you cross parry, but more risky because you leave yourself wide open for a rear hook (assuming orthodox stances).

It's even more fun when you throw a counter lead hook from the jab parry & land it when they've already got their rear hand up to block or while throwing their cross.

I'm a current English WRSA Kickboxing champion. I've been training & competing in Kickboxing and Muay Thai for over 6 years. I have plenty of real life experience in competitive martial arts. I don't just try it, I do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »