Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #73
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
They just need to implement smarter matchmaking in UT.
The stats of your fighter should, to some degree, determine the division you are in so that there aren't hugely mismatched fights. Also, lowering the stat caps in UT would be another option if they can't implement smarter matchmaking.
Hate to tell you, but they aren't going to change Ultimate Team too much. People having higher OVRs is a good way to get people to buy packs. Or you can grind it out. I played a guy with a 96 OVR CAF. He had close to 2000 matches though, but could barely beat even a quarter of them. He could win in the lower divisions when people had weaker CAFs though. I can see them tweaking this somewhat, but not much. I'm fine with that. I just combine my cards to make the fighter I am using able to compete. I've spent maybe $30 between the two consoles on packs. Nothing enormous, but enough to help build up my team quicker. The main concern needs to be making the boxer's athleticism stats more in line with the rest of the disciplines. Not really much reason to select another style than a boxer.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #74
Rookie

All of you guys want realism? How about playing the game as close to sim as possible?

Eveybody loves complaining about the game not being sim but refuse to play the game in a sim way smh.

This game allows you to fight realistically its the gamers that ruin your experience.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #75
Rookie

info0's Arena

We would, if game warrantied realistic outcomes. It does not warrant anything if you play it in realistic manner.

Stand Up game needs massive kick in the ***. Striking needs work (I wonder why did they take out 1 strike KO from the game, when it was there in UFC1). Clinch needs to be made more dynamic. Ground game COULD use a lot of new animations so when you transition it will show what your character is doing, etc.

The game also flows too slow compared to real life fighting.

Here is video on STU. I find it amusing how could professional company like EA still not patch that? There is absolutely NO point in Stand Up striking game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
We would, if game warrantied realistic outcomes. It does not warrant anything if you play it in realistic manner.

Stand Up game needs massive kick in the ***. Striking needs work (I wonder why did they take out 1 strike KO from the game, when it was there in UFC1). Clinch needs to be made more dynamic. Ground game COULD use a lot of new animations so when you transition it will show what your character is doing, etc.

Here is video on STU. I find it amusing how could professional company like EA still not patch that? There is absolutely NO point in Stand Up striking game.
Wow i dont know what to say about your video from what i can tell you just want every single spinning kick to be a 1 hit KO? Your not setting anything up in a real manner and not playing the game in a realistic manner.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #77
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spc Garza
All of you guys want realism? How about playing the game as close to sim as possible?

Eveybody loves complaining about the game not being sim but refuse to play the game in a sim way smh.

This game allows you to fight realistically its the gamers that ruin your experience.
In practice not words how exactly we can to play realistically in stand up striking with current striking mechanic w/o hit stuns and stopping power?
Old 05-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #78
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:

Old 05-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #79
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Wow i dont know what to say about your video from what i can tell you just want every single spinning kick to be a 1 hit KO? Your not setting anything up in a real manner and not playing the game in a realistic manner.
You don't get it now do you. I wanted to show the problem with game mechanics. Yes, I want CLEAN hit to head be a KO or a stun. Care to take FULL force capoeira kick to the head and still stand up? Be my guest.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #80
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0

Devs take note of this video. This guy clearly knows what he is talking about. I'm voting for him to be gamechanger for ea ufc 3.

6:00 best part of the video.

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-03-2016 at 12:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »