Home

Footwork/movement = running?

This is a discussion on Footwork/movement = running? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #25
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Footwork/movement = running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Well there's nothing wrong with mixing things up if you're clearly losing in one aspect
Exactly. My standup game is average at best. If I'm getting destroyed why wouldn't I try and stay out of range and get the fight to the ground by any means available?

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is a big difference between footwork and running. I have a lot of people run to the point I can stand still in the center of the cage and they will just circle against the fence for like a full minute without even trying to strike. Then taunt me when they realize I'm not going to chase them. I move in and out a lot and stay on the outside of striking range but I'm always setting up exchanges not just trying to run and slide kick the whole fight.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:22 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Exactly. My standup game is average at best. If I'm getting destroyed why wouldn't I try and stay out of range and get the fight to the ground by any means available?

i had a guy cuss me out for 20 minutes last night lol. he immediately tries the mt clinch...over....and over and over

so i take him down from the clinch everytime. and he says im exploiting side control lol.

yet his whole strategy was to win in the mt clinch. after a few rounds he realizes clinching is just hurting him. we stand...i get the better of him there and he's still cussing lol.

after i win i check his record 35-5...well 6 after me....

to win so much and get that mad at a single loss is crazy. esp when it's about to start happening alot for this guy bc obviously all his wins are from ppl who don't know how to defend the clinch.

ppl will always complain when they lose
Old 05-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #28
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
There is a big difference between footwork and running. I have a lot of people run to the point I can stand still in the center of the cage and they will just circle against the fence for like a full minute without even trying to strike. Then taunt me when they realize I'm not going to chase them. I move in and out a lot and stay on the outside of striking range but I'm always setting up exchanges not just trying to run and slide kick the whole fight.
Yeah, I just don't get the people wanting to stand and trade only. This is a MMA game. Fighters use movement like this in real life. This is probably the very best aspect of the stand up. You can actually use the octagon and movement pretty realistically.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #29
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the root problem is the casual gamer looks at this as a "fighting game" not a sports game. MMA is a combat sport. So when the fight goes to the ground it's no longer fun because that's not fighting in the traditional gaming world.

And you can't throw fireballs or grappling hooks at a guy you can't catch in a sports game.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hmega
I agree, they should remove it. It is nonsense.

I would like to see a video of OP fighting. My guess is that he never engages.

I was playing last night and ran into at least three people that I could not pay to engage me. I literally stood in the center and taunted and they remained at max range, circling. Since I mainly play quick fight, I just leave those matches. Same with the people that never try to press action or finish the fight. People that land a takedown and just hold you in guard the entire round, not attempting one pass. Super pathetic.
Never engages? I rush to the centre of the cage, see what they do, then start with the jabs and leg kicks, picking combos and moving around. I'm always moving, not going to sit there while people spam 1-2s or the head or body or spinning stuff. I'll find a video or post one of my fight next time I play
Old 05-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Yeah, I just don't get the people wanting to stand and trade only. This is a MMA game. Fighters use movement like this in real life. This is probably the very best aspect of the stand up. You can actually use the octagon and movement pretty realistically.
Yeah I like the movement. I am getting to where I can pick people apart pretty well just moving in and out and keeping them close to the cage cutting off their movement. When you play someone who moves well the strategy is very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 PM   #32
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Glad I'm not the only one who wants to see the back dash removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »