Home

COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!!

This is a discussion on COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostHighway
I'm not a fan of ComboX, BUT i do believe it has potential and shouldn't be completely dropped.

I don't believe it should chain together damage. I do believe however there should be a ComboX for a rocked state when taking multiple blows to the head and body in some cases.

I see what you mean but thats why people are talking about buffing the damage of the single strikes. If people were rewarded for well placed strikes there would be no reason to have the combo multiplier. And if you manage your stamina well the single strikes should be even more devastating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #42
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage8_8
I see what you mean but thats why people are talking about buffing the damage of the single strikes. If people were rewarded for well placed strikes there would be no reason to have the combo multiplier. And if you manage your stamina well the single strikes should be even more devastating

All this makes too much sense so it's not likely to happen.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Stand and Bang is not MMA simulation. That's why the majority love that silly mode so much. Not because it is simulation and realistic but because it is action packed and fast.

A well-planned out MMA sim would be the equivalent of a Dark Souls style MMA game. It would be super unforgiving and all the people throwing 10 strike combos for max damage now would be going to sleep non-stop in a true MMA sim.

The majority of people buying this game would NOT buy that.
i understand what youre saying but at the same time how are we to know if they never try at all? yea the WWE series is a arcade but when you think about it, WWE is fake, (How do you simulate something that is already staged?) you brought up darksouls, a VERY unforgiving game and yet it has a MASSIVE fan base? Same for war games like ARMA, how are we to know if they don't atleast try? I'm not asking for insane ammounts of simulation, but give us something closer then what we already have.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado8118
i understand what youre saying but at the same time how are we to know if they never try at all? yea the WWE series is a arcade but when you think about it, WWE is fake, (How do you simulate something that is already staged?) you brought up darksouls, a VERY unforgiving game and yet it has a MASSIVE fan base? Same for war games like ARMA, how are we to know if they don't atleast try? I'm not asking for insane ammounts of simulation, but give us something closer then what we already have.

Good post. Way too many people defending the overly arcade nature of the game don't seem to understand that the people who want a more sim game want exactly that: a more sim, not a complete one. An attempt at a total sim game would most likely not be fun, but neither is the current, overly arcade one either.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:10 AM   #45
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
The best part is when you run into a guy online who throws these unrealistic hit stun combos. Then of course he messages you telling you his standup is awesome. I try to explain what a realistic combo is and ultimately just give up. Sigh....
See, a lot of the chain combos I use, that link together hit stuns/reactions are realistic combinations.

Right Straight, Left Hook, Right High Kick.

Right Straight, Left Uppercut, Right Straight.

Left Jab, Right Straight, Left Body Kick.

Etc, Etc..

I'm not talking about Killer Instinct combos here, just high percentage, efficient, effective combinations.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 03:07 AM   #46
Rookie

I love this game, it has potential to be one of the best fighting games ever, ultimate team with it s RPG elements, I just love it
BUT!!!
-online delay, it s really hard to fight somebody who got 1-2 sec advantage on standup, and impossible to fight him on ground and sub
-I don't know why people even buy and play this game if all they can do is spam some nonsense, body kicks, leg kicks, spinning nonsense etc.
I mean it s called UFC and fights looks like nothing like UFC
combo multiplier is really bad idea and it either needs to be removed or adjusted for every strike, turns jab into machine gun
Old 05-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #47
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Yup the strike multiplier is another thing that killed this game for me. Can't catch my opponents while they're coming in.

Also this system makes slower heavier stamina taxing shots useless, especially the overhand right, because you hit it on itself and it's weaker than a jab mid combo

Many many stupid decisions by the devs, I wish they'd actually spar or watch MMA as hardcore fans instead of the casuals they are ):
Old 05-07-2016, 01:39 PM   #48
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
Yup the strike multiplier is another thing that killed this game for me. Can't catch my opponents while they're coming in.

Also this system makes slower heavier stamina taxing shots useless, especially the overhand right, because you hit it on itself and it's weaker than a jab mid combo

Many many stupid decisions by the devs, I wish they'd actually spar or watch MMA as hardcore fans instead of the casuals they are ):
Right Straight(stun) -> Left Hook(hit reaction) -> Right Overhand

There you go. You landed a huge right overhand, and probably got a rock, or knockdown out of it.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 05-07-2016 at 03:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »