Home

COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!!

This is a discussion on COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #49
Rookie

info0's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: COMBOOOO BREAKEERRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Right Straight(stun) -> Left Hook(hit reaction) -> Right Overhand

There you. You landed a huge right overhand, and probably got a rock, or knockdown out of it.
If someone is good at double flipping the stick and LT head movement, good luck hitting that .

The game is lethargic. Shots which should be fast, are not. The Advanced shots are thrown at snail pace.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #50
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Right Straight(stun) -> Left Hook(hit reaction) -> Right Overhand

There you. You landed a huge right overhand, and probably got a rock, or knockdown out of it.
His whole point was that they are not powerful enough on their own. That huge overhand right shouldn't need 2 landed shots before it becomes powerful.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #51
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
His whole point was that they are not powerful enough on their own. That huge overhand right shouldn't need 2 landed shots before it becomes powerful.
That Overhand can rock you even when thrown by itself.

The 2 shots thrown first aren't to combo buff the Overhand, it's to set up the Overhand up so it lands.

@info0
I use that combination all the time. It works. Very effectively.

You can swap out the Overhand Right for a Head Kick, or even a Leg Kick/Body Kick, and it will still work.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
Why is this game not about picking your shots and timing your strikes?

Seems like the only way damage is registered is if you string together some bogus arcade fighting combo?

EA just doesn't get it. Lol

This game is the BIGGEST MMA JOKE of all time. Combo Multiplier is the DUMBEST thing I have ever experienced in ANY simulation based combat game. I never get rewarded for superior timing, superior head movement and superior footwork. But oh I'm constantly getting stuck in quick sand because they get you caught in a Street Fighter Mortal Kombat Combo.

That's how the game was made. You are correct.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #53
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado8118
i understand what youre saying but at the same time how are we to know if they never try at all? yea the WWE series is a arcade but when you think about it, WWE is fake, (How do you simulate something that is already staged?) you brought up darksouls, a VERY unforgiving game and yet it has a MASSIVE fan base? Same for war games like ARMA, how are we to know if they don't atleast try? I'm not asking for insane ammounts of simulation, but give us something closer then what we already have.
Whether or not WWE is staged has no impact on whether the WWE game is arcadey or simlike. You can still make a "simulation of a professional wrestling game".

There have been arcadey wrestling games, and there have been wrestling games that have been more of a simulation of what you see on TV.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:41 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
Whether or not WWE is staged has no impact on whether the WWE game is arcadey or simlike. You can still make a "simulation of a professional wrestling game".

There have been arcadey wrestling games, and there have been wrestling games that have been more of a simulation of what you see on TV.
I guess, i've been a huge fan of wrestling games since WcW Revenge and up, the last WWE game i owned was 2k14 (Hella fun) I never looked at wrestling games as being sim/arcadey i just played em and had a blast with em, because i knew "its not that serious" where as when i play a mma game i prefer the "as real as it gets" version.... Either way my statement still stands,
Old 05-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #55
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado8118
I guess, i've been a huge fan of wrestling games since WcW Revenge and up, the last WWE game i owned was 2k14 (Hella fun) I never looked at wrestling games as being sim/arcadey i just played em and had a blast with em, because i knew "its not that serious" where as when i play a mma game i prefer the "as real as it gets" version.... Either way my statement still stands,
The last WWE game I played was WWE 2K15.... and it's gotten more simlike than earlier WWE games, like the WWE In your House...

I believe in 2K15, they added Hogan's Hulking up and no selling to make it more Sim-like... with only Hogan having that ability.

But there was definite arcade elements... like people eating numerous chairshots to the head and still being ok. Not even Mick Foley could do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #56
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
The last WWE game I played was WWE 2K15.... and it's gotten more simlike than earlier WWE games, like the WWE In your House...

I believe in 2K15, they added Hogan's Hulking up and no selling to make it more Sim-like... with only Hogan having that ability.

But there was definite arcade elements... like people eating numerous chairshots to the head and still being ok. Not even Mick Foley could do that.

Not only that but you can re-enact the actual matches move-for-move and the outcome will mirror real life. If that isn't sim I don't know what is.

Last edited by drinklime; 05-08-2016 at 11:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »