Home

Who are the Game changers?

This is a discussion on Who are the Game changers? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Who are the Game changers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Uneducated opinions get us riled up. The fact that you think assumed/guessed that the other GCers worked on the standup is a blind assumption. You have no idea what we did during those visits. So instead of guessing, you could just ask "what did the other gamechangers do?"

The Gcers also didnt "work" on the game (My apologies if I used that term). I'd describe it more as consulting. We gave input on every part of the game. From AI to striking to grappling to modes to UT.

We have no control over whether the devs listen to anything we suggest. We have no control over how animations look. We have no control over game mechanics.

Thankfully the devs did listen to many of our suggestions and I believe those made the game better. But there were a bunch of suggestions that the devs didnt do and they had legitimate reasons why they didnt.

If you have no hope that the game will improve and cant provide constructive criticism than I have no problem with you keeping your opinion to yourself. Hopefully, the next game will make you happy.
Well I remember reading a post on the old ea forums stating which parts of the game each GC's were helping or "consulted" with more on, more as in more than others(not saying you all didn't have input on everything), and I've been on the forums for a while and followed the GC's posts during the GC program, so I think I somewhat have an idea what I'm talking about and what u guys did there, and in my eyes u give yourselves too much credit. You guys make it seem like the game would be a broken mess if not for ur input. I'm sure EA would have have made the same game with or without the GC's input, or maybe even a better one.

I'd also like to know your definition of constructive criticism, I stated my issues with the game as well as the improvements I did see, and I thought I was polite about it, but it seems if ur not a GC or hug EA's nuts, ur just bashing or hating and our complaints get ignored, when really we just want an enjoyable experience, which it's not right now.

I would like to see EA's next game with no GC input, which is what my opinion was originally, and is why I think u guys are getting worked up over is because u want to be in the next GC program and I'm questioning that and how much the GC input really effected the finished product or if it actually effected it negatively.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeekliss
Well I remember reading a post on the old ea forums stating which parts of the game each GC's were helping or "consulted" with more on, more as in more than others(not saying you all didn't have input on everything), and I've been on the forums for a while and followed the GC's posts during the GC program, so I think I somewhat have an idea what I'm talking about and what u guys did there, and in my eyes u give yourselves too much credit. You guys make it seem like the game would be a broken mess if not for ur input. I'm sure EA would have have made the same game with or without the GC's input, or maybe even a better one.

I'd also like to know your definition of constructive criticism, I stated my issues with the game as well as the improvements I did see, and I thought I was polite about it, but it seems if ur not a GC or hug EA's nuts, ur just bashing or hating and our complaints get ignored, when really we just want an enjoyable experience, which it's not right now.

I would like to see EA's next game with no GC input, which is what my opinion was originally, and is why I think u guys are getting worked up over is because u want to be in the next GC program and I'm questioning that and how much the GC input really effected the finished product or if it actually effected it negatively.
The problem is your understanding is incorrect. LOL.

Can you tell me what Ipod King Carter worked on?

What about Kid Showtime?

MMAGame?

Can you tell me what anybody worked on other than the people who posted in this forum? You cant because you have no idea.

I dont think anybody said the game would be a broken mess without the gamechangers. Thats just you exaggerating to try to make a point. What I do know is I've seen multiple posts from GPD, Skynet and other devs who have thanked the GCers for what they did add and have stated clearly that their input was valuable.

As for constructive criticsm, I'll help you out. Lets take this thread. Here is your take on the game:

I've already shelved this game, the ridiculous combos and stupid way ppl have to play to be competitive is extremely frustrating.

I'm guessing the rest of the GC's were working on the stand up portion, which is the worst part of the game, I mean every punch thrown looks like it's dislocating the fighters shoulder, and the KO's look like over exaggerated shotgun blast to the chest

Now constructive criticism would be "I hate the combo modifier and how the punch animations look. I also hate how the KO's are exaggerated." Then you would follow up those statements with potential fixes like "lets remove the modifier and add a vulnerability system like EA MMA or a damage system like UFC 3. Also I hope EA mocaps some new punch animations"

Instead you use the words "hug EA's nuts" to describe anyone who doenst agree with you. Thats not constructive.

On another note, its strange to me is in one post you state that you played UFC 1 forever (and apparantly liked it)....even though it has the exact same punch animations and the combo modifier. The KO's are the only difference in your complaints and most people like the KO animations instead of the canned ones in UFC 1.

Finally, dont make assumptions about why I'm responding to your posts. I responded to them because they were wrong and not based in facts. You were just pulling info out of your *** in order to make your point.

I'm not concerned about my GC position AT ALL. I have recieved no indication from that EA plans to replace any of us if there is a future game. In fact, I wasnt 100% sure that I was going to do it again if asked anyway. As much as I love doing it, going cross country 3 times in 7 mos and taking time from my family is tough.

My final point is if you are going to question the GCers role in the game....have some facts.

For example, if you think the strike intercept made the game worse, you can blame the GCers for that.

If you liked the amount of damage and rocks that leg kicks produced in the beta and are mad that it changed (I actually liked the beta damage from an offline perspective), you can blame the GCers for that.

If you like body rocks and think the game needs more, you can blame us.

You cant blame us for animations, we had nothing to do with those. Or the combo modifier. Or the KO animations. We had nothing to do with those.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #35
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeekliss

You weren't questioning, you were making blind assumptions when in reality you have very little to no idea how the gamechangers impacted the game. That is why some of us GCers are getting "worked" up.

If you dont mind me asking, what specific things do you just dislike about the game that you believe the gamechangers contributed to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Wow.

I'm going to treat this like its a legitimate question even though it isnt.

There are 9 GameChangers. 5 were elected by the community on the old EA UFC forums (Zombie Rommel, ZHunter, Tweedy, Muay Thai Striker, Solid_Altair). I was chosen by EA because of my participation on OS. Three others were chosen becaise of their participation on Reddit an Youtube.

The old forum had a bunch of posts from guys like ZHunter, Zombie, MTS and Solid discussing the game and putting forth ideas about the game.

They also did plenty to help out the game. Strike intercept wouldnt be in the game without them. They helped squash a ton of bugs and exploits before the game was released. They helped GPD with a ton of additions to the grappling system (including the momentum feature). They are a big reason that strikes like jabs and straights are more powerful.

They arent mysterious people. They are easily identified given that below their names the words "EA Game Changers" appear on this forum.

Just because you didnt get a feature or change that you wanted in the game doenst mean that they didnt present the idea or suggest it to the dev team.
First of all, it was a legit question, drop the attitude and ego. Not everybody devoted their entire life to this particular forum. That wasn't exactly "Constructive" and more of an attack on me trying to peg me as a "Troll" or something, i don't know. What was the point of your response here anyways?

As for the GC's, I have never heard of those people. This is probably a sign that they aren't exactly keeping up with the communication aspect of the job since i have been pretty active on forums since this game was released.

"The old forum had..." Well, that isn't this forum and the old forum is dead. This isn't helpful at all, to anyone.

Easily identifiable, If they happen to actually post, and in a topic i am actually reading. Should probably be a sticky at top of the forum about the GC's and how to communicate with them. If they exist it shouldn't be information i have to seek out, hunting through random topics and looking to the left of my screen to make sure i don't miss an "EA Game Changer".

OH, so these awesome GC's are the reason we have 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 Over and over again for KO's?...

And great of you to assume I'm some disgruntled player who didn't get my way although it's not even close to the case at hand. I'm new to the forums, never been to them before the game was released.

Again, check the Ego, friend. You're creating narratives in your head about me that don't exist as to make yourself feel more in control and as if you know more.

Sorry to ask questions. I'll probably refrain from doing so in the future if this is how one of the official GC's respond.

But, it all makes sense now. Looking at your communication skills on display here i can see that even if we gave you great ideas you wouldn't be able to correctly communicate them to EA Dev's.

GC's should be level headed individuals who can think clearly. Your first response to me was a "Stick my nose in the air and come down from the heavens to appease the mortals" type attitude.

Forums are for asking questions. If you're going to answer, do it respectfully. Otherwise, stay up on your cloud until you learn how to properly converse with people in a constructive manner, friend.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
You weren't questioning, you were making blind assumptions when in reality you have very little to no idea how the gamechangers impacted the game. That is why some of us GCers are getting "worked" up.

If you dont mind me asking, what specific things do you just dislike about the game that you believe the gamechangers contributed to?
Well let's see, it takes about 300 leg kicks for a TKO, there was a patch recently that made it impossible to slug it out with ur opponent, maybe because of the strike intercept wasn't done right, the parries were great to discourage ppl from spamming especially to the body now it's damn near impossible to do without getting lit up, and according to aholberts post above, body shot damage was toned down so there wouldn't be so many rocks, when it was probably fine there just needs to be a way to block while rocked to the body, its impossible to get into the clinch against a guy that knows how to block it just because it's so slow, I agree with increasing the straight and jab damage, but the amount of ko's I get from the jab is stupid. And yea I found the first game to be far more fluid and enjoyable, I'd actually watch the ko replays most of the time, now it's just so bad and unrealistic looking that I quit right after I win to skip all that crap.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #38
Banned

drinklime's Arena

I say, stop blaming the GameChangers. This was not their fault. They are between a rock and a hard place. They were handed a broken game; it's too much for them to fix. Meanwhile they have to balance their relationship with EA, while taking credit for the changes they made but not the overall quality of the game. My suggestion would be to wait and see how this next patch turns out. But even if it is poor, do not blame the GameChangers, they were only trying to help.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Ok i started this thread to get some useful information. Apparently that doesn't work form both ends, Forum members and GC's.

Why do you people have to fight all the time?

Making me sad to have even created an account for this forum now.

I can see nothing is going to change for the better since we now have a GC's vs players breakdown.

GC's and players are supposed to work together.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #40
Rookie

Thank you to ZombieRommel for responding. Just got to your post. Very helpful. Good information. Much appreciated.

Q. If possible, where can i find information on the backgrounds of the GC's?
Not personal information, haha. But i mean their experience with MMA and video games, how/why they were chosen, links to their YouTube's, etc, etc?

Do we have a sticky for this I'm overlooking?

EDIT: L U L Z is a banned word? Wow, really strict with the censorship round these parts, haha.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »