Home

More punishment for empty stamina

This is a discussion on More punishment for empty stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More punishment for empty stamina

I played it about 4 years ago , hard to remember aspects of the game..

His arms are about 3 inches lower than he held them for the majority of those rounds. But are a damn site closer than the blocking animation.

Look at 2:15 to 2:05 in the Silva vs bisping fight. it shows how his hands are near in the normal default position except when he senses a threat and raises them... then when silva does rush him around the 2:09 time he raises his hands to simulate the block that the game shows..

Imagine that blocking when there's a threat instead of pre-emptively holding your hands up against your head the whole time except when you fire off a quick one two at the same speed as someone in the "cocked" position.

And please stop saying I didn't read your post , I did and i disagreed since the default position is hands up in a fighting stance .... blocking is not a fighting ready stance by any means
Old 05-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #18
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
I played it about 4 years ago , hard to remember aspects of the game..

His arms are about 3 inches lower than he held them for the majority of those rounds. But are a damn site closer than the blocking animation.

Look at 2:15 to 2:05 in the Silva vs bisping fight. it shows how his hands are near in the normal default position except when he senses a threat and raises them... then when silva does rush him around the 2:09 time he raises his hands to simulate the block that the game shows..

Imagine that blocking when there's a threat instead of pre-emptively holding your hands up against your head the whole time except when you fire off a quick one two at the same speed as someone in the "cocked" position.

And please stop saying I didn't read your post , I did and i disagreed since the default position is hands up in a fighting stance .... blocking is not a fighting ready stance by any means
No you didn't because if you did you would know I don't like the blocking head but its the only option.

The piciture you show me his hands are low. That is not hands up. If you pressure like this in the game you get ktfo.

But keep running and try to abuse your side stepping tactic. You run, wait for the strike hold block + side step and then over under clinch or single collar. Thats all you did for 10 minutes in our 2nd fight.

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-11-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
No you didn't because if you did you would know I don't like the blocking head but its the only option.

The piciture you show me his hands are low. That is not hands up. If you pressure like this in the game you get ktfo.
So funny enough ... using the fighter you mentioned I picked 5 random points in the fight (genuinely just clicked them randomly ,actually had to do it 7 times cause 2 of them where mid round corner pics)

http://imgur.com/7ai5JmX

Now in all those photos except maybe #4 his hands are near identical to the default position.
He is not pre-emptively blocking imaginary strikes ... he only blocks when he senses danger.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
Yep totally agree with this.

I also have a real peeve for how powerful the block is both offensively ( no i mean it ) and defensively.
Offensively : There is no fear of boxers getting into the pocket because they can just absord so much damage by holding block as they move in. There needs to be a slowing aspect to block so that if you're holding it you shouldn't have the same mobility as someone not blocking

Defensively : Use all your stamina ? no problem back away while blocking while your stamina recovers

Also it looks so stupid , even fighters with a high guard don't walk around holding their hands that close to their faces. There needs to be some penalty for people holding block
I previously suggested
if you hold high block
  • Movement penalty
  • Massive grapple disadvantage to takedowns
  • grapple advantage to denying thai , under over , single collar clinch ( I feel double under shouldn't get any advantage)
if you hold low block
  • Movement penalty
  • grapple advantage to denying takedowns
  • Massive grapple disadvantage to denying thai , single collar and over under clinch
Yeah forgot about that, I'm guilty of that too. It's like a Dark Souls kite shield
Old 05-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #21
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

More punishment for empty stamina, YES PLEASE!

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 11:53 PM   #22
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

After reading all these, I just can't understand GUCCI's viewpoint at all..

The High Block in this game is an infinite force field with zero draw back. It's so incredibly annoying and unrealistic.

I also agree 100% with more punishment for empty stamina. I come across guys throwing 10 strike combos until they're gassed all the time, and there's very little effect once they have such low stamina. As long as they aren't back against the cage, they can EASILY throw the high block up, and back away. 2-3 seconds later, and their stamina is full again.

If your stamina is that low, there needs to be some sort of movement penalty.

The infinite force field high block compounds this problem, but there at least needs to be some sort of movement penalty when you blow your stamina.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 AM   #23
Banned

Haz is pretty on point. If you burn your stamina right now you can just run away no probelm and bam stamina is back. There needs to be a movement penalty that is fairly significant and that change alone would fix the issue imo
Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #24
Banned

If there is one fix that i think needs to be done it is this. And for them to fix team leaderboard on UT already

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »