Home

Will EA UFC 3 be 30fps or 60fps ?

This is a discussion on Will EA UFC 3 be 30fps or 60fps ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you prefer 60fps or 30fps with Motion Blur?
I prefer 60fps. The more the merrier. 56 98.25%
I prefer 30fps with motion blur. 60fps doesnt look as crisp. 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #41
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will EA UFC 3 be 30fps or 60fps ?

what if UFC3 has less detail fighter models. yes im saying like nerf the graphics so it plays better/smoother. something id be willing to sacrifice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #42
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Will EA UFC 3 be 30fps or 60fps ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
what if UFC3 has less detail fighter models. yes im saying like nerf the graphics so it plays better/smoother. something id be willing to sacrifice
I almost want to recommend scrapping multiplayer, and just having a 60 fps single player / local multiplayer only game.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:03 AM   #43
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

No EA sports game runs at 60FPS.

They all are capped at 30FPS and have been that way for awhile, so I doubt we will ever see 60 on these consoles. Maybe Next-Gen PS5 or XBOX 2.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:46 AM   #44
Rookie

JTDSleeper's Arena

I have to go with 60fps
Old 05-12-2016, 03:55 AM   #45
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_1873
Uncharted 4 hardly runs at a stable 30 fps. So how should ufc "easily run 60 fps with no limitations"?

Doesn't make much sense. I would be willing to bet £100 they can't make ufc3 1080l 60fps on ps4.

Proof: https://youtu.be/L9UmD13aarg
Look at the graphics of uncharted 4 looks sick.

The multiplayer runs at 60 fps. That is most important

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-12-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #46
Rookie

I want 60 fps but Brian Hayes will probably make some excuse.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #47
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
I want 60 fps but Brian Hayes will probably make some excuse.
Brian Hayes had the same explanation for EA UFC 1, but that time he used Fight Night Champion as the example. He also said it would run at 1080p when it actually ran at 900p. So I'm not sure why he is making inaccurate statements. Does EA UFC 2 run at 1080p?

Quote:
"UFC is running at 1080p,” said Hayes. “The game sim is running at 60FPS, but rendering at 30FPS with motion blur.”

Hayes explains that, after working on Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion (which rendered at 60FPS and 30FPS respectively) the team discovered that 60FPS didn’t have a hugely beneficial impact on gameplay, but motion blur had an “enormous impact on visual quality.”

“In fact, when we focus tested the two, the majority of people preferred the 30FPS experience with motion blur,” said Hayes. “So, as opposed to arbitrarily jumping back to 60FPS for little discernible benefit, we decided to put those resources towards improving the visual presentation of the game in other ways.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/ea-sports-ufc-is-1080p-and-30fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Now I am totally confused. Geoff Harrower said the game engine runs at 30Hz for the latency benefits but Brian Hayes says that the game engine runs in 60Hz so which is it??
Old 05-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #48
Rookie

info0's Arena

And no such problems on PC whatsoever. I can play ANY game stable @60/120 or 144 fps.

FIFA is gorgeous played like that and it's EA Sports title (duh! ) .

Playing @30fps is like going back to stone age -.-. I mean come on, next-gen consoles and they CAN'T even do what my old 5 years old PC can do? (because NO console stands a chance against my new PC for few years).

Yes, I do agree with Sony/MS at this point. Consoles are ARCHAIC. No wonder some of the "exclusive" companies before, move their games to PCs now...

And UFC games @60fps would in my opinion make game look more fluid and offline, the feeling of input lag, would be gone. Multiplayer doesn't interest me in the slightest as input lag KILLS it anyway (even @30fps with motion blur, input lag is TERRIFYING - not fit for 2016 title!).

This game is technically not on par with SF V (and it's hugely competitive game which allows CROSS-PLATFORM play between PC and PS4 users on Multiplayer - BUTTER smooth I must say ). And yep it runs @60FPS. Stable.

You will say: "But Street Fighter is not as visually demanding game as UFC." True. It's not, but it still LOOKS great, but most important factor for me is this:

Zero lag between screen result and button/stick movement. When I press button I see immediate result on screen. I can't say that about UFC where there seems to be some sort of "memory or chaining." Press 3 strikes fast and 2 heavy strikes afterwards and you may end up in an animation wanting to finish before starting new one (and that of course CANNOT be broken, so you end up cursing). I noticed that a lot on UFC2. Maybe I input my actions too fast for UFC game to handle? Dunno (I admit, I am more of old style-arcade fighter [grown up playing SF/MK/Tekken/DOA/Last Samurai/Garou/KOF etc.].

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »