Home

Fix the submission latency already! UNACCEPTABLE IN 2016!

This is a discussion on Fix the submission latency already! UNACCEPTABLE IN 2016! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fix the submission latency already! UNACCEPTABLE IN 2016!

I'll just get straight to it.

I have maxed out submissions, offensive and defensive, and maxed out Toughness and Stamina.

Someone from EA, not some internet troll, but someone from EA explain to me how my sub gates always go at a snails pace whether I'm applying or defending and my opponents always go so fast it's all but impossible to keep up with them.

I just got tapped by a guy with 52 choke skill... a maxed out submission fighter got choked by someone with literally half the skill, but not because of my own doing, but because of the system at play where my fighter who has more stamina left than my opponent seemingly reverts to a white belt whenever the submission game comes into play.

Seriously, what am i missing if I'm doing something wrong, because I'm pretty positive that my gates are moving so slowly my opponent doesn't even have to defend. It's completely ridiculous.

I also have the sub perk that's supposed to make my gates go faster. I'm wondering if they F'd up on this perk and it actually does the opposite, maybe? Something isn't right with the submission system when playing online. It's just so broken.

EDIT: Instead of making another thread I'll also do my post patch complaining here. ... F me, everybody just clinches after the patch. You take so much damage from knees/elbows in Thai Clinch even when blocking that all it takes is 3-4 clinches and you're done. It's crazy online now, just Clinch, Clinch, Clinch, Clinch, Clinch.

I totally understand that in reality the Thai Clinch is that nasty, but also in reality we have way more options to get, defend, and avoid even being put in that situation. In video games we don't so, there needs to be a balance between realism and, well, the fun factor IMHO.

Clinch is really that dangerous, but it's not realistic that 10/10 fights i had earlier were against people just trying to clinch over and over, you hardly see a clinch in MMA these days. There is something unbalanced now and the word is out there for people to take advantage.

Probably some YT guy made a video being like "All you have to do is Clinch over and over, it's so easy to win" and now everybody does it. But, still it's super frustrating that i can't actually play a fighting game in a fighting mentality. I have to play it in an "Avoid spam and cheese" type of way where all i do is get better at avoiding spin kicks and flying knees instead of actually getting better at the fight game.

Gripe number 3 - HEAT SEEKING STRIKES. Can we get rid of this already, please? Completely negates another game mechanic, dodging because even if i play right the game is like "Nope, opponent has training wheels applied". Losing so many online fights because i timed a sidestep perfectly and my opponent just adjusts his handstand Capoeira kick in mid spin 90 degrees and drops me.

Gripe number 4 - Blocking body while leaning back. Seems everybody is doing this now. All you do is Parry the low attacks because not even a flying knee can hit your head when leaning back, and just shove off any clinch/td attempt. pretty OP IMHO.

Gripe number 5 - Strong strikes take precedent over weak strikes. Sorry, but my combos shouldn't be getting beat on speed by a Rampage hook. throwing my fastest strikes available i still get stopped dead in my combo's by my opponents constantly somehow. My fighter just freezes up and i get hit with a series of strikes all of a sudden. Opponents constantly throwing precision strikes while taking a jab or cross, or even a shin to the head. This has to stop.

I implore EA to work on the core mechanics of the game before adding any more fancy and flashy maneuvers/techniques that in the end leave a bad taste in potential customers mouths because they were obviously rushed in as an after thought. At least, I'm hoping that was the case because to allow these flashy maneuvers to be invincible so as to play towards the casual gamers is irresponsible at best.

I know money talks and BS walk, but i don't see how anyone can actually feel proud about this release. Sure, it has potential and i would be excited about the future, but the Dev's have to realize what a mess they created in this version.

Better luck next year, guys. Hopefully you stop, take a breath, and think about it before implementing anymore game changing ideas.

Last edited by TheLostHighway; 05-13-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fix the submission latency already! UNACCEPTABLE IN 2016!

I agree. My gates go slow while my opponents go fast. I just try to enjoy the game the best I can, but for some reason the gates go slow even with the max internet I can have from Brighthouse.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostHighway
I'll just get straight to it.

I have maxed out submissions, offensive and defensive, and maxed out Toughness and Stamina.

Someone from EA, not some internet troll, but someone from EA explain to me how my sub gates always go at a snails pace whether I'm applying or defending and my opponents always go so fast it's all but impossible to keep up with them.

I just got tapped by a guy with 52 choke skill... a maxed out submission fighter got choked by someone with literally half the skill, but not because of my own doing, but because of the system at play where my fighter who has more stamina left than my opponent seemingly reverts to a white belt whenever the submission game comes into play.

Seriously, what am i missing if I'm doing something wrong, because I'm pretty positive that my gates are moving so slowly my opponent doesn't even have to defend. It's completely ridiculous.

I also have the sub perk that's supposed to make my gates go faster. I'm wondering if they F'd up on this perk and it actually does the opposite, maybe? Something isn't right with the submission system when playing online. It's just so broken.
I think something else is going on because I have way more sub finishes and a much easier time pulling them off with my boxer than my wrestler. The boxer has literally half the ground stats as my wrestler but my wresler gets subbed by by guys with no ground stats way too often.

Like you said, when I try to sub a guy his defense gates move soo fast I assume he's using a CAF with the same maxed out ground stats as my fighter. After the match I check and the sub and sub defense stats are half of what mine are. And they're able to do this while at a stamina disadvantage.

I don't see how it can be latency because strikes happen when a button is pressed (no delay). WTF?

Don't feel crazy, you're not the only one.

PS4- zappaforever

Last edited by norml; 05-13-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #4
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I think something else is going on because I have way more sub finishes and a much easier time pulling them off with my boxer than my wrestler. The boxer has literally half the ground stats as my wrestler but my wresler gets subbed by by guys with no ground stats way too often.

Like you said, when I try to sub a guy his defense gates move soo fast I assume he's using a CAF with the same maxed out ground stats as my fighter. After the match I check and the sub and sub defense stats are half of what mine are. And they're able to do this while at a stamina disadvantage.

I don't see how it can be latency because strikes happen when a button is pressed (no delay). WTF?

Don't feel crazy, you're not the only one.
I have the same problems but in ranked.

I got subbed 28 times and i sub 18 times but i miss so many opportunities. My opponents subs me on max stamina with 5 gates because my speed is slow hmmm.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

IS normal, in UFC 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah it's getting ridulous in UT with the amount of 2 gate flash subs and subs from every position. Like damn, I don't even know which direction to defend half of these.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Notorious8's Arena

I am not impressed by your performance!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

SUBS ARE FINE!

It's your internet because subs for me to get and defend are easy and also get out of, if there's no lag, and there's nothing you can do about lag.

It's a No Win when it comes to lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »