Home

Terrible Judging Decisions

This is a discussion on Terrible Judging Decisions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0
Terrible Judging Decisions

We've all encountered those decisions. The times we dominate our opponents in all phases of the fight, so much so that we aren't even really paying attention to see our fighter's hand raised, since we know it's inevitable. Out of the corner of our eyes, we see something that doesn't look quite right...wait...what? Unanimous decision for...the other fighter? What gives?

Feel free to post your awful decisions here, I'll start off with this one, a title fight I ran in event mode between RDA and Alvarez. Thought I won it with ease, was constantly rocking Alvarez in the championship rounds, did whatever I wanted in the fight, but I guess all the times he slipped from side control or mount bottom to half guard really made a difference:

Dos Anjos Alvarez
Knockdowns 0 - 0
Sig Strikes 122/196 - 46/132
Sig Strike % 62% - 35%
Total Strikes 295/437 - 117/290
Total Takedowns 5/7 5/20
Total TD % 71% 25%
Sub Attempts 0 - 1
Ground Passes 11 20

Here's hoping that in a future patch that ground passes are calculated differently. There's a big difference between a sweep or a reversal that changes the momentum of the fight, from a shrimp out that merely gets someone out of a bad position to a slightly less bad one.

Ground passes are obviously favored too much in judging overall, but if there could be a difference made between significant passes and lesser ones, it would help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Notorious8's Arena

Re: Terrible Judging Decisions

Because we never had topics like this one for the past 2 years...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2016, 01:59 AM   #3
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious8
Because we never had topics like this one for the past 2 years...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I did a few searches, nothing came up. It's a real issue that should be discussed. I'm not just complaining, I have solutions.

The real point I have here is that ground passes need to be deprioritized in the judging criteria. In fact, if anything on the ground should be counted, it should be time spent in dominant positions. Ground passes from the bottom actually signify that you're not somewhere you want to be, unless we're only talking about significant passes like sweeps and reversals.

Ground priority for judging:
1. Time Spent in Dominant Position (Mount/Back Mount/Crucifix all counting the highest)
2. Sweeps/Reversals
3. Ground Passes on top
4. Ground Passes on bottom (minor position changes like half guard to full guard)

Note that I'm not mentioning subs or strikes on the ground in that list, damage and direct threats to end the fight should be in their own category.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 AM   #4
Banned

Icon4 Re: Terrible Judging Decisions

I had one where dude doubled me in landed strikes, virtually even in sig strikes, he had me two takedowns to none and held me down the entire third round...

and I won. I was like...yay.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
Rookie

I was genuinely shocked by this decision in the live event competition, usually decisions have always been good for me, however this time I thought it was ridiculous. (Maybe I'm just bias though).

http://imgur.com/a/uN05k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 04:49 AM   #6
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by connolls
I was genuinely shocked by this decision in the live event competition, usually decisions have always been good for me, however this time I thought it was ridiculous. (Maybe I'm just bias though).

http://imgur.com/a/uN05k
Wish I made it outta that 3rd round against you earlier. Would love to have seen the judges score cards.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Wish I made it outta that 3rd round against you earlier. Would love to have seen the judges score cards.
I think you were winning the fight to be honest, I knew I had to get a finish, it was a great fight.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:30 AM   #8
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by connolls
I think you were winning the fight to be honest, I knew I had to get a finish, it was a great fight.
Hell yea it was. I'm sure we'll meet again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »