Home

Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

This is a discussion on Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

1. Lag. Even when I have a smooth connection it seems like nearly any of my transition denials work even when I time them perfectly even with equal or better stamina. Same for takedowns. And this is when the connection is good, when it's bad the game is almost unplayable.

2. Clinch and ground damage compared to stand up. I hardly even try to clinch or grapple, so I understand I'm bad in these positions, but it makes zero sense to land so many hard unblocked shots standing to be put away by 2 or 3 ground or clinch shots. Very unbalanced.

3. Frozen in place from weak strikes. Why do weak leg kicks glue you to the floor? I had a fight earlier where I was the aggressor and my opponent just retreated and threw jab then leg kicks sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row and for some reason I'm just stuck in place, my only option is to time my low high blocks until my feet are unglued from the floor.

4. Head movement. Well I guess there are too many inputs to expect everything, but this game's head movement seems so far behind the Fight Night series it's ridiculous. You can't pull back counter straight seamlessly because you have to wait until your body is back to center and stationary.

That's my biggest gripes with the game, hopefully these will be addressed for the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Re: Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiormetroid
1. Lag. Even when I have a smooth connection it seems like nearly any of my transition denials work even when I time them perfectly even with equal or better stamina. Same for takedowns. And this is when the connection is good, when it's bad the game is almost unplayable.

2. Clinch and ground damage compared to stand up. I hardly even try to clinch or grapple, so I understand I'm bad in these positions, but it makes zero sense to land so many hard unblocked shots standing to be put away by 2 or 3 ground or clinch shots. Very unbalanced.

3. Frozen in place from weak strikes. Why do weak leg kicks glue you to the floor? I had a fight earlier where I was the aggressor and my opponent just retreated and threw jab then leg kicks sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row and for some reason I'm just stuck in place, my only option is to time my low high blocks until my feet are unglued from the floor.

4. Head movement. Well I guess there are too many inputs to expect everything, but this game's head movement seems so far behind the Fight Night series it's ridiculous. You can't pull back counter straight seamlessly because you have to wait until your body is back to center and stationary.

That's my biggest gripes with the game, hopefully these will be addressed for the next game.
Exactly. You would never be able to perform this drill in EA UFC 2:

Old 05-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

The biggest annoyance for me would be a simple 3 letter reply.

Lag.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

AI. Push/front kicks not drawing a hit reaction which makes them useless. Lag making the ground unplayable at times. Creating an African American caf and having ppl.go on the mic and say mean racist things to me thinking I'm African American.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Just had a fight against an Aldo, I was using Edgar. He landed one knee in MT clinch to knock me down in the last round while I had next to zero head damage. The difference in damage between stand up and clinch/ground has to be the most unbalanced aspect in a combat game I've ever seen lol. If they can't make the stand up striking do more damage, at least they could tone down the clinch/ground damage. That alone would make this game much more enjoyable for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Stand up striking is by far the hardest way to finish a fight

Clinch

No weak block, the blocking is op as all get.

The new penalties for spinning strikes and what not doesn't effect the champs that much. Lots of fighters don't have the option of a standard roundhouse. This stamina penalties really effect mid tier fighters I like to use. Most people use champs that can still spin and spin.

Repeated Supermans chained together.

The lunge backwards

The high level transitions nearly everyone has, including Tyson. With lag it's crazy easy for opponent to get from a bad submissive position to a awesome dominant position with one transition

Bruce Lee, the highest rated striker in BW. Crazy stupid. These dumb fake mma fighters are way OP. The fact they are usable in ranked is a slap in the face to the real fighters

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-15-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Stand up striking is by far the hardest way to finish a fight

Clinch

No weak block, the blocking is op as all get.

The new penalties for spinning strikes and what not doesn't effect the champs that much. Lots of fighters don't have the option of a standard roundhouse. This stamina penalties really effect mid tier fighters I like to use. Most people use champs that can still spin and spin.

Repeated Supermans chained together.

The lunge backwards

The high level transitions nearly everyone has, including Tyson. With lag it's crazy easy for opponent to get from a bad submissive position to a awesome dominant position with one transition

Bruce Lee, the highest rated striker in BW. Crazy stupid. These dumb fake mma fighters are way OP. The fact they are usable in ranked is a slap in the face to the real fighters
at least they made them one dimensional, tyson you just have to avoid the body spam straight combos, he doesnt have a takedown and ground game isnt the best. Bruce lee is full of spinning moves so fight smart against him and let him burn his stamina.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
at least they made them one dimensional, tyson you just have to avoid the body spam straight combos, he doesnt have a takedown and ground game isnt the best. Bruce lee is full of spinning moves so fight smart against him and let him burn his stamina.
Hate to burst your bubble but you can pull of a 2 peice with Bruce Lee and be so affective and win.

Bruce Lee in the hands of good fighter is so OP and has the 2 cheapest moves you can get in the game for strikes and kicks. ughhhhhh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »