Home

Why do I not gain any advantage from my strike landing first?

This is a discussion on Why do I not gain any advantage from my strike landing first? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 02:53 AM   #17
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do I not gain any advantage from my strike landing first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK-OS
OK, but getting clinched or gassing out isn't what I'm referring to.

As for your clip, WarMMA, there are things that make sense. The first exchange, with the inputs pressed at virtually the same time, McG is inputting a stupid elbow from a stupid distance while Barboza inputs a push kick from a good distance. We do see a tiny stun, which makes sense as the kick should PUNISH your opponent's stupidity. Now, what I want to know is whether you have enough time to follow it up with more strikes. Even if you do, can McG still just spam buttons and hit you anyway? That's what it feels like this game is doing. In this instance, my logic would assess that since Barboza has the stamina advantage + stun, you should have enough time to follow that kick up for a combo if you're react to the stun in time... but right now that seems completely random.
That hit stun on Barbosa's teep kick in the vid doesn't happen consistently. Think it was just cuz his body was kinda damaged. But majority of the time you throw that teep keep you will get blown up by spam. I was just trying to show the type of hit stun that is needed on some of the lighter strikes so they can actually be useful by themselves and so the opponent won't just be able to spam you after you've landed a clean strike.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-18-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #18
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do I not gain any advantage from my strike landing first?

I've been having the same issue and i keep noticing more and more lately.

But i believe i know what is causing it.

Remember when the devs said that a patch made the game so that "if player A throws the jab first,then player B throws a jab after having eaten a jab,it will make player B's jab cause less damage" ???

Well here is the problem.

There is another mechanic in the game,where if you interupt an opponent's strike,it also causes more damage/stun.

So what should be happening in reality is this:

1 Exchange:Player A throws Strike,Player B gets hit(which should make Player B's next strike,weaker and not cause a stun). Player B throws the 2nd strike of the exchange(which is weaker than the strike of Player A,since Player A hit him first) then Player A,throws the 3rd strike of the exchange which should stun and cause damage at Player B as a combo.

However what the game sees is this:

1st Exchange:Player A closes the distance and throws 1st Strike,Player B gets hit.

For some reason the game thinks that the exchange is over,so the strike Player B is starting to throw after he gets hit, doesn't get a damage reduce as it should.

So what we see is the game startin a new exchange.

2nd Exchange:Player B throws 1st strike,while player A is trying to throw the 2nd strike,which causes Player A to get stunned as his strike gets interrupted by Player B's 1st strike.

The way it should work,Player A's 2nd strike,should be the 3rd strike of the exchange.But for some reason(propably because it starts 2 different exchanges,when there is only 1) the game counts it as the 2nd strike of the exchange,that gets thrown after the 1st strike of Player B's,which is the reason Player A,despite being first,gets stunned.It considers player B first.

And then of course there are other things in play,like Stiff Jabs causing some sort of stun and setting up a combo,because of their nature of being stiff.

At least in EA UFC 1, weak jab had longer range as it did an automatic lunge torward the opponent.However in EA UFC 2,the only difference between weak jab and stiff jab,seems to be that stiff jab causes more damage,while the weak jab is pretty much useless against it.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-19-2016 at 12:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »