Home

5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO.

This is a discussion on 5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I don't think so. If strikes clinch can't interrupt transitions, Dirty boxing and clinch stuff would be useless in this game. This game is NOT Boxing. Also.. you can transition without interrupt of punches and elbows in MT clinch. I think it's enough.
Strikes interrupting transitions is silly. In real MMA when people are striking is the best time to transition. I don't think making it so everyone doesn't clinch spam the whole fight makes it boxing. MT clinch is super rare and never held for long in reality. It would be much more like real MMA with less MT clinch.

Or with no changes to the clinch I would be happy with a clinch deny that lands a high damage strike. Like the old intercept knee on EA mma and undisputed. At least that way if they clinch spam and I deny it they will be punished. This will also stop the spam attempts because they can't just keep eating the strike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #26
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

This is the clinch in ea ufc 2.

Dave_S posted this gif already one time about the clinch of ea ufc 2 and I found this funny because its true.

How does strikes stop you from getting out of the clinch? The damage is fine but strikes stopping your transitions is stupid.

Also add more power to strikes in the stand up becuse they feel like pillows compared to GnP.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
If they nerf clinch again to appeal to the masses it will become useless in high level matches
If 95% aren't high level is it fair that ea should keep the clinch all goofy so the top 5% can use it? There are plenty of other ways to win fights.

I'm also not sure changes to the clinch would make it unusable. Imo clinch in ufc 1 wasn't near as powerful, but high level players were still still able to use it effectively
Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
If they nerf clinch again to appeal to the masses it will become useless in high level matches
No one is talking about nerfing it. The damage of the shots needs to be toned down. They can still score as sig shots and win you a fight, fine. But it should take more than 2 or 3 to knock you out.

OR, you have to increase stopping power on the feet to match it. There shouldn't be times where fights that stay on the feet literally can have 10 or 11 knockdowns with no KO, yet one clinch knee and it's over. That's GAMEBREAKINGLY unbalanced. If I could KO someone on the feet without having a stupid animation where when I rock someone they just back up and turbo speed and hold block and be fine, then I wouldn't have a problem with the clinch. But literally, almost the only way to end a fight on the feet is through a clinch unless you hit a super combo multiplier. How many times in MMA do you see a guy rock a guy so bad he can barely walk, and then go..Oh..time to try to get the MT clinch! You don't. It's trash.

Last edited by EJ_Manuel; 05-17-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:17 PM   #29
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

^^^

I agree with above post, but you can't mask language with asterisks here guy.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:18 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
No one is talking about nerfing it. The damage of the shots needs to be toned down. They can still score as sig shots and win you a fight, fine. But it should take more than 2 or 3 to knock you out.

OR, you have to increase stopping power on the feet to match it. There shouldn't be times where fights that stay on the feet literally can have 10 or 11 knockdowns with no KO, yet one clinch knee and it's over. That's GAMEBREAKINGLY unbalanced. If I could KO someone on the feet without having a stupid animation where when I rock someone they just back up and turbo speed and hold block and be fine, then I wouldn't have a problem with the clinch. But literally, almost the only way to end a fight on the feet is through a clinch unless you hit a super combo multiplier. How many times in MMA do you see a guy rock a guy so bad he can barely walk, and then go..Oh..time to try to get the MT clinch! You don't. It's ********.
I have never had a fight that had 10 or 11 knockdowns with no ko
Old 05-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
^^^

I agree with above post, but you can't mask language with asterisks here guy.
I didn't think that would get asterisked. Lol. my bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 02:26 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
I have never had a fight that had 10 or 11 knockdowns with no ko
A guy posted a video here the other day of it happening. And it has happened to me once. Now, you do have to TRY to make it happen..(Not jumping on them once they hit the ground.) But, the fact that it can happen shows how weak standup is compared to clinch and ground in this game..Unless, like I said, you hit some 6 or 7 punch stupid looking unrealistic combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »