Home

Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground?

This is a discussion on Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #41
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground?

I can honestly say I've never once arm trapped or hip bumped. How do you hip bump again? Ppl do it constantly when I have them mounted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 06:58 AM   #42
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

What is it (named) "Hip bumb"?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Does nothing? Absolutely nothing?

So you're saying if you only throw with your right hand, EVER, you'll get arm trapped just as often as if you mix it up?
The arm trap is perfect as it is, I've played so much of this game and the arm trap might be one of the best differentiators between the decent players and the really good players.

People need to learn to be patient with their top position strikes.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 05-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #44
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
The arm trap is perfect as it is, I've played so much of this game and the arm trap might be one of the best differentiators between the decent players and the really good players.

People need to learn to be patient with their top position strikes.
LOL!

You are a funny guy my friend. It's not perfect at all.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #45
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I haven't posted in a while because these forums have become too much like the EA ones (unconstructive), but felt like I really wanted to comment on this topic.

Good to hear no combo multiplier on the ground, or in the clinch. However, the heart of the conversation has turned to the arm trap. There are "easy" fixes for this in my opinion. (There are no easy fixes.)

First, as a player find ways around it. Non-postured elbows in mount still do good damage like the first game. Try to use those more. They can only hold you here, but you can still strike them. Postured down hooks to the body from full guard also do a lot of damage. Postured down striking still does damage, and is safer. Look at a real fight. How often do you see postured up strikes as opposed to postured down strikes? You see postured down strikes way more often. Usually they only posture up for a strike or two most times. Usually an elbow. However, they posture right back down because they are either getting held, or they want to keep control and know they are safer doing this by holding them close and putting pressure on the opponent.

Second, change the arm traps and add feints to ground strikes. Change the arm traps by putting a longer cooldown on doing them consecutively without catching one. This allows feints to set up a strike by getting them to go for the arm trap, then having to block the next strike or transition. The latter is a counter to feints. Transitioning during a feint would work like transitioning while their arm is up trying to strike. It gives you the time to transition. Still allow denials though after a feint.

Third, remove the sweep from most fighters. Instead make it a move that helps eat stamina. Actually let it hold it with one opportunity to deny the pulling out of the arm to further drain their stamina, but their stamina gets frozen as well. (No deny to gain stamina here.) Or let it be a position that gives the ground guy more GA to transition. We still need to be able to strike here. So let us still strike with one arm to give the top fighter options too. Not every arm trap is safe. These happen all the time, and rarely do you see the sweep. It does happen, but more often it is used to close the distance to keep the damage to a minimum. A lot of fighters still elbow their opponent when their arm is trapped. Let this be a way to get out as well. Strike to release. This adds more risk/reward to the position. The counters to the strikes could be a transition, block, or possibly going for an armbar if your opponent has one, and is a fighter who would have this. Also add a small slam out. Use L1/LB and up to quickly try and pull your arm out and lay back flat on the opponent, and/or possibly come back down with your elbow to their chin as an offensive move that does damage. Much like a slam damages the body. This elbow to the chin does head damage. (This move costs more stamina, but has a smaller deny window.) Which should help in transitioning up and/or out of the position on the defensive side. (GA points gained with this move allows for a faster posture up. The time between the slam and posture up should still allow a denial and quicker transition out.)

Lastly, make the options for arm traps position specific. You aren't going to be able to put your arm to their chin from full guard. There are other options though. Like standing up when an arm gets trapped, or a slam like Faber did. Make it go to a mid stacked guard. (We really need two types of stacked guard. A lot of fighters stack, but not fully.)

As you can see, he pulled his arm out and elbowed. This should be able to be done in the game. The slam gives you GA points, lowers the stamina of both fighters, but allows the arm to be pulled out quicker and an elbow landed. The slam should make the arm trap hard to deny, and/or harder to transition out of for the defensive player during this sequence.

Okay, so it isn't as easy as I initially said. However, just a few of these options could be added to help make the arm trap more realistic. It is more of a defensive move, not an offensive one.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »